You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spurs to sign Pavlyuchenko for £12m

1892-LFCWasBorn

Just been watching SSN and he's travelling to Spurs for a medical after fee has been agreed with Spartak Moscow.

Very impressed with him during the Euro's and think they've got a bargain.

If they finally sign Arshavin, they'll have some decent replacements for Keane and Berbatov.

Shame their defence is utter shite. :biggrin:

He will end up like Rebrov. The classic "one good WC/EC"-syndrom.

I read somewhere that Zenit had bought a midfielder for £24m or something by the way, someone I've never heard of (a Portugese player playing in Russia). Did I dream that? Crazy numbes on some of the transfers this summer...

I've only seen him play at the Euro's he seems alright like, but there are better strikers out there. He looks like a big fucking lump at times, and then at others he looks like he's a pretty decent player.

The thing is though, Spurs clearly aren't interested in their defence! They are turning into a southern version of Newcastle; loking for the good attackers and playing pub football at the back.

Maybe Ramos will sign Bramble and Boumsong.

Clever signing this - and an £8m profit from the money we paid them for an older, slower and less versatile player. Amazes me how some people are slating him having probably watched him for the first time in the Euros: for those who say he needs a hatful of chances before he scores, have you never seen Robbie Keane??!!!

u could see from the euros he has class about him, definatly suited to the prem and i think he will be a hit for spurs, would of been pleased to see him here.

dont know what all the 'he needs too many chances to score' comments are based on ???

watching him play and missing a lot of good chances:dunno:

He will end up like Rebrov. The classic "one good WC/EC"-syndrom.

I read somewhere that Zenit had bought a midfielder for £24m or something by the way, someone I've never heard of (a Portugese player playing in Russia). Did I dream that? Crazy numbes on some of the transfers this summer...

yeah, you werent dreaming, 24m between Russian clubs amazing. As for Pavlychenko, I think he'll be a hit and suited to the prem.