You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mourinho backs Liverpool to win the title

dennis tooth

He is a small,bitter little man.

Rafa beat him tactically everytime it really mattered & played a key role in losing him his dream job (well-paid, London media, classless c.unts) by keeping the highest paying team in Europe from even making the final of the ultimate trophy (something even Avran managed against the same opposition- translate that, jose).

He is now pathetically & obviously trying to increase pressure on Rafa... 'he should win the League'.. when all sensible predictions have Mancs/Chavs wealth giving them a massive edge (see Paul Wilson's Observer article yesterday on the inequality of the PL).

"You are a classless twat & Porto's CL triumph was a 'ghost-win' thanks to the refereeing bribes that have been discovered in Portugese football"... Now translate that, you bitter little man.

"You are a classless twat & Porto's CL triumph was a 'ghost-win' thanks to the refereeing bribes that have been discovered in Portugese football"... Now translate that, you bitter little man.

:ermm:

So your saying Porto had Portuguese refs in their CL matches?

Read it on a website but apparently it was in 'that rag' so didn't want to post the exact story. I will say though that he is normally spot on in his predictions.

He twice predicted that Chelsea would knock us out of the European Cup in the Semis, and he also claimed that they would put us out in the FA Cup in 06.

Think he's trying to unsettle us to be honest. He is one of the men I hate most in football. The twat.

I like Mourinho, and I do believe that as a club he likes us. He said as much in an interview before joining Chelsea, and I'd bet last quid he'd have taken the manager's job at Anfield if he'd ever been offered it. Alright he was bitter after we did them over, but that for me was his arrogant competitive streak, not an underlying dislike for LFC.

In fairness, he can't win. He's bound to be asked what he thinks will happen in the Premiership, and if he said he thought we'd not win, he'd have got royally panned as well.

I can't believe people would have a pop at him for saying we might win. What has he got to gain from unsettling our league ambitions?

I know. People seem t get all het up about him like Everton fans, could understand it when he was at Chelsea but not now. Not his biggest fan but his title predictions each season have been spot on and it's telling that he is saying our time is coming, he's right.

Unlike Fergie who would never even mention us he hates us so bad.

I like Mourinho, and I do believe that as a club he likes us. He said as much in an interview before joining Chelsea, and I'd bet last quid he'd have taken the manager's job at Anfield if he'd ever been offered it. Alright he was bitter after we did them over, but that for me was his arrogant competitive streak, not an underlying dislike for LFC.

In fairness, he can't win. He's bound to be asked what he thinks will happen in the Premiership, and if he said he thought we'd not win, he'd have got royally panned as well.

I can't believe people would have a pop at him for saying we might win. What has he got to gain from unsettling our league ambitions?

I agree with that.

I think he has a lot of admiration for us and would probably still take the managers job if he was offered it at some point (not that he ever should be), even after all the shit that went on whilst he was here.

Great point - if the prem kicked off tomorrow id say we stand agreat chance as i really dont believe chelsea, man u or arsenal have strengthened whilst we have. However the next couple of weeks i can see that all changin.

Jose, has left chelsea now, and as its been pointed out he was bitter because we beat them but as somebody once said "show me a good loser, and i'll show you a loser"! and them porto comments are laughable, he also won the treble the year before with porto winnin the uefa cup instead of champ league, wish that ghost train would come this way for a couple of years! and people who are callin him bitter are just portraying worst bitter behaviour IMO.

He was asked a question and gave his opinion that Liverpool had a good chance. So it was neither "backing" nor "playing down" our chance. Mourinho's affinity is with Inter, anyone who thinks he feels passionately about who is to win the EPL (yes, there is more than one Premier League, negging morons) is seriously paranoid and need to cut down on the dopes. The world doesn't revolve around LFC that everyone has to be "with us" or "against us".

And I think the adults should stop giving Mourinho so much attention. It's long gotten to the point the media baiting him (to which the attention whore that he is always bites) to say something ridiculous then fake outrages over his ridiculous comments. Pretty fucking boring.

Please refresh my memory, what did he win at Leiria and Benfica?

if u actually knew that he didnt even spend a full 12 months at either of these clubs you wouldnt write that quote, ph and he has only ever lost 25 league games in his managerial career by the way.

if u actually knew that he didnt even spend a full 12 months at either of these clubs you wouldnt write that quote, ph and he has only ever lost 25 league games in his managerial career by the way.

FYI, he actually spent 12 months at Leiria, though not in accordance with a football calendar. Trophies won, still: 0.

Now, his record at Leiria isn't something that should be mocked. He's a very good football coach with clear plan how *his* football should be played (high pressing, a mobile and athletic midfield, and a solid defense). He still isn't the great football messiah that "won trophies wherever he goes" so he was beyond evaluation/criticism.

The only other clubs he managed after Benfica and Leiria were Porto and Chelsea. At Porto, he inherited a team in disharmony, but not without talents (Cavalho, Deco, Baia ...). They also played in 3-team league, one of which had to sell their best youngsters years after years (Sporting), the other in perennial mismanagement (Benfica). The competition wasn't exactly tough. And wait, didn't Porto just get caught bribing the opposition while Mourinho was still there? At Chelsea, he inherited a settled team and a blanque check. What added glitters to his resume was the surprise UCL victory with Porto -- which he did with a fair amount of lucks. They snuck by the only only power house (ManUre) they had to face via a wrongly disallowed goal (Scholes). Deportivo La Coruna and Monaco aren't exactly prized scalps.

A good manager but also a very over-hyped one.