You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Yossi Benayoun's Agent on possible Roma move

Bender

AS Roma boss Luciano Spalletti has revealed that he will bring two new signings to the Stadio Olimpico. With Spalletti also claiming that one of them will be Israeli International Yossi Benayoun of Liverpool.

28-year-old winger Benayoun declared earlier this week that he had no desire to leave Anfield, but speculation continues to mount, with Manchester City and former club West Ham United also linked with a move for the Israeli.

However, Spalletti insists that Benayoun will be one of two arrivals in the Italian capital this summer.

“There will be two new signings,” Spalletti told Gazzetta Dello Sport.

“The names? They're the names you've heard. Menez and Benayoun are both top class players.”

Liverpool could be prepared to sell Benayoun as Reds manager Rafa Benitez raises funds for other transfer targets, with the acquisition of England International Gareth Barry from Aston Villa top of the list.

Benayoun is a very good player. I'd only sell him if we could sign Silva.

Dossena for Riise

Keane for Crouch

Barry for Alonso

Silva for Benayoun

Cavalieri for Carson

Ngog for Voronin

With a couple of other exits to help balance the books, such as Pennant and Guthrie. That lot should give us a great chance.

Don't know if Silva is possible though. If not, keep Benayoun.

No way in hell would I consider to sell Yossi. He is a top class player with an eye for goal and a killer pass. His is skillfull as he is intelligent.

Rafa should not sell one of his creative midfielders for any kind of profit. We need him as much as we need Torres, Gerrard, Agger or Masch. He is an important squad player that gives you more options in attack.

If Rafa does decide to sell him I will be full on against it as Yossi has not done anything to justify any kind of transfer to another club.

To add he has scored some good goals in preseason that should cement his place in the starting XI.

If I am being honest here, Yossi is one of those players that can have either a decent game or a world class game. He is a better Luis Garcia player. He can play on the wing, in the middle or in the hole. He can score, pass, link up and is strong with great intelligence.

Rafa do not sell him, for any price.....

but silva is double the asking price for yossi?

I know - maybe even more than double (Yossi might fetch £6-8M, and Silva would probably cost £20M).

At the moment we have spent around £7M or so, if we take into account what we have brought in through sales.

Suppose we buy Barry and Silva - in all likelihood that will be another £38M, so we will be £45M down.

Possible sales to offset that:

Alonso - £15M

Pennant - £6M

Benayoun - £6M

Voronin - £2M

Itandje - £1M

Purely speculative on my part, but we could get all the deals I mentioned in my post above with a net spend of around £15M, which is quite within our usual budget.

Silva is the biggest stretch, but part of me wonders whether Rafa might just have one more surprise up his sleeve for us, assuming the Barry deal goes through. If Silva is not possible, then we need to keep Yossi, as he is a very skilful player who can beat a man in a tight space, offer the unexpected, and help to unpick a tight defence. He also has an eye for goal, so he is a very valuable player, who should only be moved on if an upgrade of the calibre of Silva were possible.

I wouldn't want to sell Yossi as he's a very useful player and doesn't want to leave. If we really need to raise funds then we shouldn't take any less than £8 million for him.

Even then I would think twice about it. He has what it takes to go up against better oposition and come out a winner. His link up play is good and now he is developing a really good left foot of which he can score from anywhere.

Yossi score from a position yesterday which Keane could not. What does that say?

Sure he is an ugly bastard but lets not hold that againt him.......

No way in hell would I consider to sell Yossi. He is a top class player with an eye for goal and a killer pass. His is skillfull as he is intelligent.

Rafa should not sell one of his creative midfielders for any kind of profit. We need him as much as we need Torres, Gerrard, Agger or Masch. He is an important squad player that gives you more options in attack.

If Rafa does decide to sell him I will be full on against it as Yossi has not done anything to justify any kind of transfer to another club.

To add he has scored some good goals in preseason that should cement his place in the starting XI.

If I am being honest here, Yossi is one of those players that can have either a decent game or a world class game. He is a better Luis Garcia player. He can play on the wing, in the middle or in the hole. He can score, pass, link up and is strong with great intelligence.

Rafa do not sell him, for any price.....

Even then I would think twice about it. He has what it takes to go up against better oposition and come out a winner. His link up play is good and now he is developing a really good left foot of which he can score from anywhere.

Yossi score from a position yesterday which Keane could not. What does that say?

Sure he is an ugly bastard but lets not hold that againt him.......

4 mins and you went from not at any price to thinking twice about 8 million. Impressive.

4 mins and you went from not at any price to thinking twice about 8 million. Impressive.

I was refering to the reply of 8million being the maximum amount we can bring in for Yossi, and even though I personally would not sell him, 8million for a player of Yossis calibre is not much.

I would not sell him, but people do like to evaluate their prize assets. To me, what Yossi brings to the team cannot be evaluate and thats why I said not to sell him at any price.