You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Garry Barry

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people have some nerve slagging off Red Nick. The guy's a bona fide TLW legend.

His tagline is "Adios Rafa", he takes every opportunity to slag off the club, the players & the manager. If I wanted to listen to that on a liverpool forum I would go to an everton one instead. Personally I hope he fucks off with atk and takes you know who with him and the place will be a lot less negative. Legend my ass.

A little off topic from Gaz Baz but Corlukas a top quality right back. IMO right back and left 'wing' (well left sided forward) are the two positions which we need to strengthen the most, and Corluka would definately improve us at right back. Although hes not the best going forward, but he has great hair. £7m would be an absolute steal for him, hes still young but he has a lot of experience for his age.

Arbeloa, Finnan, Degen and Darby not enough at Right Back?

I know I may sound like im being negative here with the slating, but its about quality not quantity. IMO Finnans best days are past him and he looks to be part of the Barry deal. I really like the look of Darby but would rather send him on loan to get some first team football. Im a big fan of Arbeloa but I think Corluka is a better player, so selling Arbeloa for the £6m or £7m that was supposedly bid for him, and spending that on Corluka would be a very smart move. Then that leaves Degen and Corluka as right backs, with Carra as cover if need be. Of course the chances of this happening are slim to none so it is merely a pipedream.

Arbeloa, Finnan, Degen and Darby not enough at Right Back?

Finnan is off to Villa as part of the Barry deal - supposedly.

Darby is not quite ready for the first team. That leaves us Arbeloa, who is not bad and the untried Degen.

If Arbeoloa being homesick is true, selling him and buying another right back makes sense.

I know I may sound like im being negative here with the slating, but its about quality not quantity. IMO Finnans best days are past him and he looks to be part of the Barry deal. I really like the look of Darby but would rather send him on loan to get some first team football. Im a big fan of Arbeloa but I think Corluka is a better player, so selling Arbeloa for the £6m or £7m that was supposedly bid for him, and spending that on Corluka would be a very smart move. Then that leaves Degen and Corluka as right backs, with Carra as cover if need be. Of course the chances of this happening are slim to none so it is merely a pipedream.

Who was supposed to have made the bid?

Can't see how Corluka is anywhere near as accomplished as Arbeloa. We'd be mad to sell a player that can play anywhere across the back four at any given point and replace with a right back/centre back.

I don't think people realise how good Arbeloa is. Can anyone recall him putting a foot wrong?

Can't see how Corluka is anywhere near as accomplished as Arbeloa. We'd be mad to sell a player that can play anywhere across the back four at any given point and replace with a right back/centre back.

I don't think people realise how good Arbeloa is. Can anyone recall him putting a foot wrong?

Good point that he can play anywhere across the back four. But, we have enough players to play CB and LB now - so I would expect Arbeloa to make the RB slot his own this season.

Arbeloa has done quite alright so far. Unfortunately, for fullbacks, it is not just about not putting a foot wrong. It is about how well he supports the attacks as well as defence. Arbeloa is not bad but needs to improve.

I had the radio on this morning,it was one of the digital channels on Sky and the DJ (Liverpool Fan) said he seen Barry in London at the weekend and asked him if he was signing for us and Barry told him it will be Wednesday !!

Possibly DJ Spoony? Hes a liverpool fan.

Possible it was a black cockney guy.Think it was heat radio !!

DJ Spoonys a black cockney guy. I know this because he was DJing in a club when I was on holiday, so like a mug I go and pay 15€ to get in, and hes absolutely shite. Then I saw him afterwards in a little takeaway place at like 5 in the morning and had a little chat with him. Told him he should stick to the radio. And he thought I was joking.