You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Come on Barca

bobhorse

Barca couldn't finish. The beautiful game always needs someone on the end of it, poking the friggin ball in the net.

Henry doesn't fit in the team - useless twat.

United? it'll be the sweetest victory ever, when we take what's rightfully ours in Moscow.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as the first game- Barca scared to shoot.

Hopefully that game will put paid to any thoughts of signing Thierry Henry- he looked very rusty, but has played like that most of the season and I think his best days are definitely behind him.

The problem is the PL is so awash with money that we may have to deal with the European Cup no longer being our domain. Four English teams in four consecutive years and no foreign teams even coming close to matching them. It started with us but it'll end with everyone else. The mancs winning it this year makes our missed chance last year even worse.

Genuine question.

Has anyone got mixed feelings about tomorrow now?

I have, and I knew I would have if the Manc twats went through tonight.

No name calling please, I am just being honest.

I am no less a Liverpool supporter blah blah blah. It's precisely because I am a supporter that I have mixed feelings.

Not just about losing to them, but the genuine concerns over possible trouble and safety.

I know what you mean, but there's a CL final at stake. Lets worry about those things when we get through.

So much for Ronaldo's brag last week, he was anonymous, big game player my arse

Totally disagree. He played a brilliant role for his team, picking up the ball and either retaining it or using it wisely. He and Tevez showed maturity way beyond their years, in my opinion. I was fucking gutted when Tevez went to The Mancs in the summer and I'm even more gutted now. If ever there was a perfect Rafa player, it's him: intelligent, hard working, aggressive and very skillful. He would complement Torres in a front two like no-one else.

Genuine question.

Has anyone got mixed feelings about tomorrow now?

I have, and I knew I would have if the Manc twats went through tonight.

No name calling please, I am just being honest.

I am no less a Liverpool supporter blah blah blah. It's precisely because I am a supporter that I have mixed feelings.

Not just about losing to them, but the genuine concerns over possible trouble and safety.

I'm the same but for reasons other than football if we get through I could see a minority of knob heads spoiling it out there then UEFA will have their excuse to break English domination and will ban English Clubs again for ruining their showpiece.

Not true mate. You're mistaking their patient, possession game for lack of effort. The issue was their ridiculous over-elaboration in the final third and their bizarre reluctance to have a shot on goal.

True. With the players they had on the pitch they should have been able to cut United to ribbons in the final third. Instead, they chose to pass the ball around the perimeter of the box like some kind of formation dance troupe. Mother Theresa had more penetration.

The next time Rashid starts creaming himself about those fucking fancy dan, pass it around in their own box couldn't score in a fucking whorehouse poor mans Arsenal, I'm gonna ban the fucker. They're like a gummy, toothless version of Arsenal, and that's being kind. Cunts.

The problem is the PL is so awash with money that we may have to deal with the European Cup no longer being our domain. Four English teams in four consecutive years and no foreign teams even coming close to matching them. It started with us but it'll end with everyone else. The mancs winning it this year makes our missed chance last year even worse.

The English dominance will continue for a good few years I think. It's not because of the money though, it's because foreign teams just aren't used to playing the game at high tempo. They take too long on the ball and are hurried into mistakes when put under pressure. Also they try generally to play pretty football at both ends of the pitch. Barcelona are far from unique in their unwillingness to launch the ball from defence or put it in the mixer.

I won't bother offering you any encouragement that this might help us win more European Cups, as it doesn't look like you want it.

Arsenalona. It's as if they expect to be graded for artistic merit by judges at the side of the pitch 8.9 9.1 9.3 etcetera. They brought on their tallest player and shoved him left when they were struggling to break down a team by passing their way through them.

Bang on the money.

Lets get tomorrow done before we start worrying. However, If we win tomorrow, I know that there will never have been a game in my life when I will be as nervous as that final, I'll be feeling sick for the next three weeks. Lets get the motherfucking job done.

I'm the same but for reasons other than football if we get through I could see a minority of knob heads spoiling it out there then UEFA will have their excuse to break English domination and will ban English Clubs again for ruining their showpiece.

I can't bring myself to hope we don't get through but this is my greatest fear.

The ludicrous thing is that from UEFA's recent record of punishments for crowd trouble at a single match, the worst that should happen in terms of a sanction is being made to play a couple of game behind closed gates.

Of course, it's not the potential punishment that really concerns me.

The next time Rashid starts creaming himself about those fucking fancy dan, pass it around in their own box couldn't score in a fucking whorehouse poor mans Arsenal, I'm gonna ban the fucker. They're like a gummy, toothless version of Arsenal, and that's being kind. Cunts.

One of the best rants ever Mr Usher. Class.