You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Hicks interview tommorrow

Rashid

Apparently Alan Kennedy just said on City that the interview will include a heart felt response to a concerned fans letter that Hicks received last week. It will also have gushing praise for Rafa and how much Hicks is determined to give him a new contract.

Apparently of course. ;)

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Alan Kennedy just said on City that the interview will include a heart felt response to a concerned fans letter that Hicks received last week. It will also have gushing praise for Rafa and how much Hicks is determined to give him a new contract.

Apparently of course. ;)

*cringes*

if he wants to offer Rafa a new contract he should put it to the board and let them vote on it, they will likely all agree to that

he is trying to use Rafa and the affection fans have as PR, the implication being that only HE can offer him a contract, which is nonsense.

if he wants to offer Rafa a new contract he should put it to the board and let them vote on it, they will likely all agree to that

Actually, thats the only way it CAN be done. And with all the arsing around Rafa has had to endure this year (I honestly wouldn't have blamed him if he had walked), its the least he deserves.

A new contract, with a really hefty payout clause for dismissal in the next 2 years. Thats the only way the board can show Rafa that his job is safe for those 2 years. Rafa can then just ignore the politiking, work with whatever budget he is given (and who the fuck knows who'll be deciding that, and how much it will be) and let all the other wankers - Hicks, Gillette, Parry and Moores - kick each other to death.

Hopefully, someone sane (like DIC) will be there to pick up the pieces.

I believe Hicks has finally realised he can't raise the funds to buy out Gillett at the end of May,and is causing as much damage as he can to Parry,Moores and Gillett

It would make a good movie, but I can't see it. If that was the case he'd be on the phone to DIC begging for his 40 million proft and sailing off into the sunset.

He's obviously got something lined up, maybe new investors, or he wouldn't bother playing games. These people only care about money.

I'm sold, I think Hicks is an alright fella, he just doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut.

You fucking serious?

Paul, loads of fallen for it. One of my mates rang me today and was going on about Rafa spending £71m since they came in (I feel like shit for highlighting that to him last week) and how the new stadium is the best in the world. etc etc

“A population weakened and exhausted by battling against so many obstacles -- whose needs are never satisfied and desires never fulfilled -- is vulnerable to manipulation and regimentation. The struggle for survival is, above all, an exercise that is hugely time-consuming, absorbing and debilitating. If you create these ''anti-conditions,'' your rule is guaranteed for a hundred years.”