You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, who the fuck does he think he is telling players not to sign contracts, if hes done it with Kuyt hes done it with Arbeloa and Agger you can be sure, thats £25m worth of players last summer worth a 3rd of it this summer, Benitez holding the club over a barrel again no theres a surprize.

I hope Hicks is smart enough to withdraw the contract and sack him before he drags us under, that is a disgrace telling players to wait and once again no regard for the club, Rafa comes first. I am not too keen on Kuyt as a player anyway but that is besides the point.

The Agger delay makes total sense now. If Benitez thinks he might have the Madrid job in the summer he'll take Agger with him for a cut price. Slimy fucker.

I honestly dont think Agger would want to sign for Benitez again... to be honest.

I also see Benitez going to AC Milan. No UEFA cup, No Scudetto... Ancelotti should be out soon, I reckon.

Is he?

Kuyt: "The manager told me he wants to give me a new contract, but because of his own contract he wanted to sort that out first and see what’s happening."

Please don't start all that twisting again, it pisses everyone off and you know where it leads.

Kuyt wants to know if he can have a new contract. Rafa told him to wait.

Why would Rafa tell him to wait?

Not because he knows that T&G have a timer ticking down for how long they'll spend talking contracts. He's not saying "Join the fucking queue pal."

I think it's clear enough that if Rafa gets the deal he wants he'll be able to do things differently to how he does them now. If he has to compromise on his deal he should still see some differences. Maybe there's a key point in that deal that makes a difference to what he'll do with Kuyt.

Who's to say he's not gone to the owners already and said he wants deals renewing for a list of players, only to be told that they need to know how long he's staying before they commit to any new players.

Of course Rafa being as political as he is, he might be telling Kuyt this and really he means he wants to wait and see if the Kuwaitis come in first.

I doubt Kuyt has itchy feet, I am sure Rafa knows this, and so whatever the reason is, what's the rush with a player some think we should get rid of anyway?

You never know, he might be planning to double Kuyt's wages if he gets full control of that budget. Then again, he might be planning to sacrifice him to fund a new right-winger.

He's not telling players to not sign contracts. He's telling them, one of them, that he wants to offer them a new contract, but that he wants them to wait until he's got his own sorted first.

It's a big change to how the club is run, if Rafa gets his way.

Where does the £25m figure come from?

If thats the case RR then why has Rafa let people in the media and us form the opinion that it was Parry's fault players contracts were running down.

If he's advising players not to sign, as you say "whats the rush" then whats the rush to get his own contract sorted.

It would seem that Rafa's not being entirely up front on the issue of players contracts.

Where does the £25m figure come from?

Agger Arbeloa Kuyt on the market last summer would have got at least £25/30m for the 3, this summer there down to there final year they can buy themselves out of there contract for a years salary and go back to Europe, thats were the figure comes from.

If thats the case RR then why has Rafa let people in the media and us form the opinion that it was Parry's fault players contracts were running down.

If he's advising players not to sign' date=' as you say "whats the rush" then whats the rush to get his own contract sorted.

It would seem that Rafa's not being entirely up front on the issue of players contracts.[/quote']

Spot on.

I guess people don't take "wait until my contract is sorted" bit by our manager so seriously because its only Dirk Kuyt. If it was Torres, the reaction would be very different and I guess the manager would be called all kinds of names on here.

I said elsewhere last week that Parry is a very easy target right now. Well he is going isn't he? Rafa is really running out of excuses.

In terms of "what's the rush", doesn't trust come into it? (Obviously some players, maybe with an X at the front of their names, might not agree with this!) Surely Kuyt can trust Rafa more than Rafa can trust Gillett/Hicks. And vice-versa.

I think Agger's contract situation has as much to do with Agger as it has with anyone else.

Also Rafa's contract signals a lot more than the player ones. Rafa's contract will, if agreed, change how he can actually do his job.

If you don't want him to get that contract, then this will be irrelevant to you, but the rush for Rafa must be that the sooner he gets the contract he wants, the sooner he can start doing things his way.

What did Rafa say about Parry letting player contracts run down? Genuine question, I can only remember him talking about coaches contracts, and him saying they run out at the end of the season.

Rafa didn't say anything about parry letting players contracts run down.

You know as well as I do that every time the question of why players with X amount of time on their contracts was raised, the finger of blame was pointed in Parry's direction.

Why didn't Rafa come out and explain that Dirk had been offered a contract but he (Rafa) advised dirk not to sign it ?

IMO because it was far to convenient for Rafa to let Parry carry the can.

Rafa either wants Dirk to sign or he doesn't. What difference does it make if Rafa has signed his contract or not.

It makes no difference if we think Dirk is good enough or not. We now have cast iron proof the Rafa has advised a player he obviously believes in, not to sign until his own future is sorted.

IMO, Rafa is being very sly here. Could he be thinking that if he (Rafa) goes elsewhere then it would be much easier for him to poach Dirk on the cheap seeing as he (Dirk) wont have long left on his contract with us.

I'm now more certain then ever that Rafa needs to go now regardless of our CL position.

There's a big difference between Kuyt and Torres though isn't there?

You must see that.

If Torres had said what Dirk said, and Torres was getting that close to the end of his days here, we'd have all kinds of agents and players on the phone to him trying to persuade him to move elsewhere. The press would be used to let him know there was interest from other clubs.

And we would, without any doubt, miss him if he left. And find it very hard to replace him.

If Lucas spoke out about his contract like that, would anyone be as worried as they would if it was Gerrard speaking out like that?

Parry is going. That will take away one of Rafa's main screens from criticism. The mixture of truth and lies about Parry's part in various situations has been a brilliant screen for Rafa to hide behind.

But Parry's still there. And Rafa's still working under the same rules as before. And there are still a lot of people out to get him, inside and outside the LFC circle.

What I do wonder is what prompted Dirk to talk about this, when he said it, and when Rafa last spoke to him about it.

Of course there is a lot of difference between Kuyt's and Torres' contract situation. But the basic point is the same - why is the manager advising the players to hold "their" contract talks until "his" future is sorted? Rafa Benitez is an employee to LFC - just like the players. If a player is valuable to the club, both as a player and as an asset, do you think it is right for the manager to advise him to hold the contract talks? What if Benitez leaves? We will have a player entering the last year of his contract. Will Benitez come back from Spain or Italy to sort out the future of the player?

Rafa's contract is an issue seperate from the players' contracts - or it should be because the players are assets to the club not Benitez. If Dirk himself comes out and says "I will wait until Rafa's contract situation is sorted before committing myself", then it is different - although I would ask Dirk to shut the door on his way out. But for a manager to say this to a player is completely unprofessional in my opinion.

Imagine an agent saying the same thing Rafa has said. The agent would be called all names and we will see the "all agents are greedy cunts" tag.

I don't know in what context Rafa or Kuyt said that, but it disappoints me to read something like that.

Edited by Carra_is_legend

The problem with Dirk is he's treated as the physical manifestion of Rafa's reign. He's loyal, hard working , produces in big games and would never cheat this team; but on the other hand he's an attacking player with questionable technique, very little pace and no dribbling ability.

Either you accept a player like Dirk - as I and others have- or you end up being livid watching him play. I'm not going to argue about the amount of attacks his pace holds up, I'm not going to defend his technichal ability but what I will say is I'm more than happy to have Kuyt playing for us. He's strong , willing, a good finisher, a good crosser of the ball and is a very intelligent player.

Finally, criticise Kuyt all you want, but to compare him to Heskey, is well below the belt. Dirk has never - and would never even dream of- given less than 100% in any of this teams games, ever. It's an insult to Dirk.

This article from RAWK illustrates...

I'll tell you what that illustrates mate - it illustrates why I don't frequest RAWK.

My head would explode inside 48 hours having to read that kind of pseudo-intellectual claptrap. The person writing the initial post (as opposed to the quoted article) seems to be incapapble of understanding that scoring goals and pressing the opposition when not in possession are not mutually exclusive options when looking at a forward. Remarkable though it must seem, not every forward with technical ability is a lazy twat and not every forward who tracks back has the technical ability of Carlton Palmer.

Also, point B illustrates that he's unaware of the existence of commas.

Finally, criticise Kuyt all you want, but to compare him to Heskey, is well below the belt. Dirk has never - and would never even dream of- given less than 100% in any of this teams games, ever. It's an insult to Dirk.

It would have been if I'd compared his workrate or heart to Heskey's. Since I didn't though, instead specifically comparing their inconsistency and nothing else, I don't think it was an insult at all. I'm not taking flak for comparisons that I didn't make mate, no way.

Pointless picking any one person out as it's clearly a political battle with all sides using the media and fans for leverage and disinformation. None of em are going to come out of this smelling of roses and it would make any new investor wary from the very beginning.

My questions above really were to find out what's actually been said, and why.

The reason for that was because we've gone through 12-18 months of conflict, angry accusations flying everywhere, and really, if we're honest, there's very little evidence to base most of the anger on.

I'm not talking about what happens on the pitch, because on the whole it's a matter of opinion as to how good or bad the players or tactics were and the result doesn't always match the opinions.

I'm talking about the Handbag Four (Hicks, Gillett, Parry, Rafa). And the Arabs for a spell. And the way that they used the media to get a story out, on or off the record, true or complete bullshit. And the way that the media used the intrigue and chaos to fill quiet days with stories that weren't fed to them, ones they made up all by themselves. And the way that fans would join in either repeating what might be bullshit, or making some of their own up.

What a fucking mess.

And it was still going on this week.

The pre-Madrid rumours weren't just bog-standard rumours, someone was feeding that rumour and giving it some real legs. I thought that early on, and got some confirmation later, but it doesn't really matter now.

Someone tried to get a story going about Hicks going through a third party to contact Mourinho. Might not have been anyone related to LFC because it could have been part of someone else's game. But it was still a twat's trick, designed to stir shit.

Next day Parry's departure was announced, and for once the true story was actually kept quiet almost until it was made official. The press found out right at the last minute, and not all of them found out until it was on the websites of other papers.

Now we're listening to accusations based on assumptions again. Rafa blamed Parry for players not getting new contracts. Well, it's assumed he did. And now Kuyt's telling us this, which is twisted into Rafa blocking his players from discussing new contracts with the club, which isn't the case at all. But that's then turned into Rafa throwing away decent players. But even the fees he'd throw away, if you agreed he was throwing them away, are also exaggerated. And a player considered totally shit is suddenly worth a fortune if only we don't let his contract run down.

Are you not tired of this?

Parry's going, so Rafa has one less thing to hide behind or blame. Gillett and/or Hicks might go soon too. If Gillett goes then there's another massive obstacle of Rafa's out of the way, and possibly the last really credible excuse.

And chances are Rafa will get his new contract, with most if not all of his demands met. Like it or not, it's likely to happen. So try and accept it. If you can't accept it, what are you going to do? Sit there in the wings waiting to jump on every mistake? Sit there predicting doom before every game just on the strength of the rumoured line up? Yes? Well thanks, that's just what we need. It really will encourage us to do well, it really will boost our confidence and give us something to build on.

Rafa's done some bad things, few people deny that, but unless you're going to start a full-on protest now, to get him out now and fuck the rest of the season off to do so, then it's time to get behind him and his players - including Lucas and Kuyt. If you can't, then why not pass your ticket onto someone who can?

I keep saying this, but some people need to take a complete break from watching and following football. Four our (LFC's) sake, and their own.

If Hicks was to do that I think it could be one of the only good things he has done.

then it's time to get behind him and his players - including Lucas and Kuyt. If you can't, then why not pass your ticket onto someone who can?

I applaud the sentiment but Kuyt is not good enough for a place in our team. It's not about the wider issues, it's not about the manager, the owners, the stadium, the ticket prices, this season, the 'boro game, Dubai,

Kuwait, Klinsamnn, Miskelly, Noel White, Bascombe, Barrett, none of it. It's about Kuyt, the fact he's not good enough and the fact that no amount of wishing will change it.

I'm not a good red now because I won't keep bleating the same tired fucking platiitudes about a player that's not good enough? I like your posts mate, I really do - you talk a lot of sense and you've got a good heart but fuck that shit - he isn't good enough. End of. Not worth a place in our team and does not have the basic technical skills that a first team LFC player should have.

Pass and bobble, it's the Liverpool groove. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?

Like I said, I hope he scores between now and May but never mind the road to Rome, unless he has a road to Damascus moment, sell him in the summer. We're not a charity.

View Post

Is he?

Kuyt: "The manager told me he wants to give me a new contract, but because of his own contract he wanted to sort that out first and see what’s happening."

Please don't start all that twisting again, it pisses everyone off and you know where it leads

Threat threatety threat threat.