You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Ledge.  A girl on on a rock climbing holiday catches the murder of her friend on camera and tries to escape the perpetrators by climbing a cliff face and getting trapped on a ledge with her pursuers only a few feet away.

A watchable 5.5/10.

Black Wood.  Don't bother.

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Donnie Brasco - 8.5/10

First rewatch in a while. Such a great movie, Pacino is immense. It's a shame Depp has morphed into a drug addled caricature these days as that man was one hell of a lead.

Doesn't get anywhere near the acclaim it should that film. Forget about it. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

The Ledge.  A girl on on a rock climbing holiday catches the murder of her friend on camera and tries to escape the perpetrators by climbing a cliff face and getting trapped on a ledge with her pursuers only a few feet away.

A watchable 5.5/10.

Black Wood.  Don't bother.

I started that and didn’t like the direction it was hyping after 30 minutes. Binned.

9 hours ago, Elite said:

Donnie Brasco - 8.5/10

First rewatch in a while. Such a great movie, Pacino is immense. It's a shame Depp has morphed into a drug addled caricature these days as that man was one hell of a lead.

There are some excerpts of wiretaps with Lefty talking to Joe Pistone and although he's not exact, Pacino did a really close approximation of his voice and the type of phrasing and cadence Lefty used when he was talking. 

13 Lives - 8/10.

Briliant film making from Ron Howard.

Its the story of the Thai Football team of kids that got stuck in underground caves as the rain season draws in which would flood the caves and kill everyone.

It's a claustrphobic nightmare throughout and really makes you squirm in places with how well its shot.

Not showy, no CGI, no explosions, just brilliant film making throughout.

2 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

13 Lives - 8/10.

Briliant film making from Ron Howard.

Its the story of the Thai Football team of kids that got stuck in underground caves as the rain season draws in which would flood the caves and kill everyone.

It's a claustrphobic nightmare throughout and really makes you squirm in places with how well its shot.

Not showy, no CGI, no explosions, just brilliant film making throughout.

I watched The Rescue which is a superb docu drama, so I'll definitely be watching that.

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

The Tomorrow War. Amazon shite starring Chris Pratt. 4/10.

Aliens meets war of the worlds meets independence day. CGI shite throughout.

As usual The USofA saves the world.

I tried to watch it 3 times, and fell asleep, 3 times. 

Similar has now happened with the gray man. Tried watching it last weekend, fell asleep, made another attempt last J night, yet again, fell asleep. 

Kind of tells you how shite both movies are...... 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

I tried to watch it 3 times, and fell asleep, 3 times. 

Similar has now happened with the gray man. Tried watching it last weekend, fell asleep, made another attempt last J night, yet again, fell asleep. 

Kind of tells you how shite both movies are...... 

Or that you are an old fart

On 31/07/2022 at 22:33, Carvalho Diablo said:

Funny as fuck 

8/10

IMG_20220731_205227.jpg

My FFL name is "I'm Charles Petrescu" based on the rap at the end. 

Although in all honesty, i didn't think it was that funny, but it was a lovely, feel good film that shouldn't have worked as well as it actually did.

• Upvote 1

Prey - a boss Predator prequel set 300 hundred years ago as a Comanche girl takes on one of the big cunts. Really enjoyable and definitely showing the way for more Predator-based films in the future. 8/10. 

The Gray Man - the Russo brothers’ big fight/chase movie for Netflix. It’s had some mixed or even indifferent reviews, but - leaving aside a few heavy handed CGI stunts that pull you out of the action as you know they’re not real - it’s really watchable and very entertaining. 8/10. 

On reflection, I’ve edited this to revise my scores down slightly. I also forgot to mention that the use of CGI for various animals in Prey is slightly irritating and agree with the comment below that it starts slowly. However, both films are eminently watchable in my view which is my main criterion for an 8/10 score. 

The Black Phone. Not what I expected at all and all the better for it. 9/10. Just watch it. Fucking-a.

And it's based on a book written by Stephen king's son?

licensed-image?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLdpMyk5TOni0

It's made me want to watch 'In The Tall Grass', also written by him and his old man. 

Prey

Anyone saying this is better than Predator needs their head testing

The 1st hour is an absolute slog, some fun when the humans start getting slaughtered and then Native American Aubrey Plaza kills the Predator with her bare hands.

I also hated the fact that the film kept cutting away from kills, or having them out of focus in the background. Give us gore!!!

5/10

Everything Everywhere All At Once 9/10

One of the best and out there films I’ve seen in a long time. Absolutely unique and stunning in places.

Loved every fast paced second and it ended with a brilliant, emotional type crescendo. Wish I’d seen on the big screen though. 

Prey 8/10

Really good, finally another decent Predator film and an unique take. Worked really well.

13 Lives 7.5/10

It’s long but another solid watch, really enjoyed this and stuck to the subject matter (thankfully Elon Musk didn’t get a mention with his daft submarine / PR stunt)