You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

5 hours ago, redheart said:

The Abyss

Titanic

True Lies

Spotted the link yet?

They all had good stories and good actors as well as good special effects. Avatar is just a representation of a basic story with exceptional visual effects.

3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

They all begin with T

The number of letters goes up in sequence from 7 to 8 to 9.

They all have an ocean in them,

They're all directed by the same man.

They all sound funny when In My Ass is added to them.

Taxi Driver

As phenomenal as the first time I saw it. The cinematography of '70s New York is amazing, both dirty, feral, yet strangely ethereal thanks to the lights reflected in puddles and through windscreens. There's not an ounce of fat in the sub-2hr run time. De Niro and Scorsese's finest outing. And that score. Peerless.

The shot of the hallway is still a gut-punch too.

10/10

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Same, absolutely amazing film. My wife was a bit taken aback as she expected it to be similar to In Bruges, but that serves her right for not reading the preview I sent her...

Could you not have just told her ?

Sounds like mp's who send each other letters when they are 20 yards apart in the chamber

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Could you not have just told her ?

Sounds like mp's who send each other letters when they are 20 yards apart in the chamber

Ha, I did, I said, 'it's not supposed to be as comedic as In Bruges, I'll send you a link to an interview with Gleason and Farrell'. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Die Hard - what the fuck is the fuss about? It's a 6/10 film. Rickman is great in it.

Home Alone - classic family comedy. 8/10

Trading Places - gets better every time I watch it. 10/10

Die hard at the time was an instant belter. Frank Sinatra was contracted to star in it but decided not to take up the option.

11 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Die hard at the time was an instant belter. Frank Sinatra was contracted to star in it but decided not to take up the option.

Don't think it would have mattered if DeNiro starred. It's a hugely overrated film. I've seen it about 10 times now and it's just meh. Probably of it's day though so has cult appeal. That's fine.

Fantastically corny and cheesy remake of the first film, just set at sea instead of the forest.

The acting is crap, it's over long and pretentious and preechy, but it looks spectacular and I must confess I really enjoyed it.

Good escapist green screen blockbuster Christmas family nonsense.

7/10

• Upvote 1

The Good Shepherd - DeNiro directs a drama starring Matt Damon is a CIA foreign office intelligence chair leg. This was dull as dish water and Matt Damon was fucking brutal. 2hrs I'll never get back. 2.5/10

Behaving Badly - Teenage coming of age comedy with some funny moments. Elisabeth Shue as a nymphomaniac & Selena Gomez as the love interest. Fucking Hell, I love her. 6/10

• Upvote 1

On 16/12/2022 at 21:30, Shooter in the Motor said:

They all had good stories and good actors as well as good special effects. Avatar is just a representation of a basic story with exceptional visual effects.

Nope Cameron is a master of the WOSH movie

That is WOW from the technical matters such as FX but Tosh for the story an dialogue.

With the exception of Terminator all of the films of Cameron do not stand the test of time. I would add Terminator 2 into that as well as films that do not hold up.

What looked WOW 10-15 years ago looks pretty crappy presently and all you are left with is the TOSH

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mook said:

The Good Shepherd - DeNiro directs a drama starring Matt Damon is a CIA foreign office intelligence chair leg. This was dull as dish water and Matt Damon was fucking brutal. 2hrs I'll never get back. 2.5/10

Behaving Badly - Teenage coming of age comedy with some funny moments. Elisabeth Shue as a nymphomaniac & Selena Gomez as the love interest. Fucking Hell, I love her. 6/10

Leaving Las Vegas is my favourite Elisabeth Shue film. It’s pretty shit, and Cage is unbelievably bad, but Shue looks amazing.

7 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Leaving Las Vegas is my favourite Elisabeth Shue film. It’s pretty shit, and Cage is unbelievably bad, but Shue looks amazing.

Strange, I enjoyed the film, thought Cage was very good, and he won an Oscar for it. I thought at the time that he was going to be a serious, heavyweight actor after this and Wild at Heart- I was very wrong there. Shue is superb though.