You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite Liverpool moment/preformance of 2007

George Costanza

I'll come up with a moment in abit but individual performances its a toss up between Momo in Barca and Masch in Athens. As for team performance I don't think we've payed any better this year than against Arsenal at Anfield. Crouchie running wild we were fucking superb that day.

Bellamy's golf swing is one of my favourite moments

Always gets me that.

Obviously its bad enough we lost that game but whenever you see footage of Kaka its always the one where he spins on the ball leaving Riise for dead and making out as if he destroyed us.

All i can of Kaka from that game is Mascherano having him in his pocket and it wasnt until he came off that allowed Kaka space that you noticed he was playing.

single moment...

carra running towards us all after the final whistle in the derby, arms aloft.

anything to do with the champions league final will, for me anyway, be tainted with the ticketing fiasco/trouble on the day and was, for anyone who'd been to both, in every way incomparable to istanbul.

Moment: Making our first world-class signing since 1988.

Performance: 1-0 at home to Chelsea in the CL. The only time we have beaten any of the other top 4 sides in this calendar year (in a meaningful match at least; a 4-1 win against an Arsenal side with nothing to play for notwithstanding) so it must, by default alone, be the best performance.

Agree about the CL semi - Aggers goal and the penalties equally enjoyable.

BTW wasn't the 2-0 home win in the PL V Chelsea this year (Dirk and Pennant in the first 16 minutes) when we totally outplayed them?

Also not keen on the phrase 'world class' - reminds me of Rashid!! and also it is so subjective but yeah I will agree that Torres' recent performances have been outstanding and make me optimistic - just wish he could have done something V the Mancs but I know that was to do with service and the way we played that day so i am not getting at him particularly.

Moment - Syntagma Square in Athens before the final

A few people have mentioned this and I honestly don't understand why. The whole day was a washout. And I found Syntagma Square the most concerning part of the day. Seeing people take cocaine on the steps, pushing and shoving Milan fans, people throwing cans in the air, just dickheads everywhere.

Not a nice experience at all.

A few people have mentioned this and I honestly don't understand why. The whole day was a washout. And I found Syntagma Square the most concerning part of the day. Seeing people take cocaine on the steps, pushing and shoving Milan fans, people throwing cans in the air, just dickheads everywhere.

agreed - the ticketing problems were the root cause of everything that happened on the day, but the airport problems, transport, trouble with the milanese, robbing own fans, general behaviours, gate-storming, the weather...all made, for me, probably the most forgettable lfc moment of 2007, and a day that - gaillard/uefa quotes apart - was really a slur on the name of liverpool fc.

i guess many of us were spoilt with everything that surrounded istanbul!

I have to say, I didn't see people taking cocaine on the steps. When a Milan fan walked past there was a bit of singing at towards them, I didn't see any shoving. I enjoyed the atmosphere and I enjoyed walking around reading all the different banners.

agreed - the ticketing problems were the root cause of everything that happened on the day, but the airport problems, transport, trouble with the milanese, robbing own fans, general behaviours, gate-storming, the weather...all made, for me, probably the most forgettable lfc moment of 2007, and a day that - gaillard/uefa quotes apart - was really a slur on the name of liverpool fc.

i guess many of us were spoilt with everything that surrounded istanbul!

Notice how I only said Syntagma Square.