You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stuff that isn't good value for money

Guest TK-421

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shower gel? I get a bucket of own brand from Morrisons for about 70p. That doesn't seem too bad to me? Vanilla flavour too apparently.

Well obviously budget brands don't count. I'm thinking Lynx or some other heinous supermarket equivalent. It just disintegrates and fucks off down the plug hole before you know it.

i get a 2 litre carton of coconut and a litre and a half container of bubble gum from the cleaner in our gym. both for free.

i rarely buy shower gel/shampoo and if i do it comes in one of those 'spend an extra 3 pound on your aftershave and recieve this showergel' deals. or its the raspberry one from asda. thats good and yes, i do love to smell like fruit. not a fruit, but fruit.

Well obviously budget brands don't count. I'm thinking Lynx or some other heinous supermarket equivalent. It just disintegrates and fucks off down the plug hole before you know it.

I suspect your application of product is the problem here.

You need to apply the gel via one of those scrunchy things to get it to lather up, or a sponge. Then you only need a tiddy squirt each time and it lasts for ages.

I suspect your application of product is the problem here.

You need to apply the gel via one of those scrunchy things to get it to lather up, or a sponge. Then you only need a tiddy squirt each time and it lasts for ages.

or put it on your hair first. that works sort of the same towards a scrunchy thing.

I'm a sucker for those compartmentalised vegetable packets.

Elmyn, there are no girls in my house hence no scrunchy thing/decent sponge.

Shower gel is a rip. It's liquid that you pour liquid onto, turns liquidy and liquids off down the liquid hole.

I'm a sucker for those compartmentalised vegetable packets.

Elmyn, there are no girls in my house hence no scrunchy thing/decent sponge.

Shower gel is a rip. It's liquid that you pour liquid onto, turns liquidy and liquids off down the liquid hole.

You could invest in one. The money you'd save on shower gel would pay for it in a week.

Tampons, and in particular Tampax.

They are never BOGOF at Boots any more, either.

Asda's own. 12p for 360. But don't leave them in the bathroom or they get damp and then get stuck in the applicator and you have to wrestle with the buggers to get them in.

hth.

Also, If you think you have to pay over the odds for shaving stuff, check out the price of ours. It's even more extortionately priced, and our razors are shit in comparison, which is why I buy men's. They think we're that soft that we'll pay £4 for a packet of shit disposable razors which are effectively those crap orange bic things but in delicate hues of lilac and pink.