You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The McCanns...

Chris

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

I think she died in their care. 

It would certainly explain why they spent so long trying to find her and as far as I am aware they still are. 

54 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Generally there are scientific traces,a report of any similar crimes or people with previous convictions relating to kidnapping,crimes towards children and so on. Its very rare that these child kidnaps or murders aren't part of something much bigger and therefore on police or interpol's radar.

I must say that I have no real opinion on this case as I have not really followed it although I would love the girl to be found. I think its natural to gravitate towards those who know her first and other possible causes too. A random child kidnap is a longer shot than parents causing her disappearance though. I have no idea if this is the case here or not.

I get that but this case isn't normal. The very fact it's a hotel adds potentially hundreds of people's DNA to the scene and then we had the situation were seemingly dozens of people were in and out of the apartment that night.

With all of the above, an open door on to a main road and the fact there is fuck all evidence to the contrary to support any alternative I just don't see how anyone can rule out kidnapping. 

The best we can hope for is that she was kidnapped by some really friendly people who are bringing her up well and she is having a great life. Her re-appearing as a teenage girl or older would be up there with 9/11 in WTF news moments. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, No2 said:

I get that but this case isn't normal. The very fact it's a hotel adds potentially hundreds of people's DNA to the scene and then we had the situation were seemingly dozens of people were in and out of the apartment that night.

With all of the above, an open door on to a main road and the fact there is fuck all evidence to the contrary to support any alternative I just don't see how anyone can rule out kidnapping. 

I didn't rule out kidnapping myself but I just think its natural for the parents to have originally been suspects.

5 hours ago, No2 said:

The majority of the evidence points towards an accident in the apartment and that efforts were made to cover up removal of the body.  The Portuguese police became suspicious because of the statements of the McCanns and their friends.  Many of the early statements made, like the shutters being jemmied, were not true or conflicted with each other.  So evidence which would have supported an abduction didn't stand up to closer scrutiny.   When Kate refused to answer questions after being made arguido those suspicions hardened.  Then came the dog evidence.  So as time went by an abduction became extremely unlikely, with everything pointing towards Madeleine being deceased.   

The Portuguese Supreme Court, in the Amaral case, have stressed that the McCanns have never been officially cleared of suspected involvement.  This is at odds with Scotland Yard, who have ruled out the parents and proceeded on the abduction theory alone.  Very fishy.

20 minutes ago, TK421 said:

The majority of the evidence points towards an accident in the apartment and that efforts were made to cover up removal of the body.  The Portuguese police became suspicious because of the statements of the McCanns and their friends.  Many of the early statements made, like the shutters being jemmied, were not true or conflicted with each other.  So evidence which would have supported an abduction didn't stand up to closer scrutiny.   When Kate refused to answer questions after being made arguido those suspicions hardened.  Then came the dog evidence.  So as time went by an abduction became extremely unlikely, with everything pointing towards Madeleine being deceased.   

The Portuguese Supreme Court, in the Amaral case, have stressed that the McCanns have never been officially cleared of suspected involvement.  This is at odds with Scotland Yard, who have ruled out the parents and proceeded on the abduction theory alone.  Very fishy.

Why have Scotland Yard ruled the parents out? Any evidence why?

46 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Truly fucking mental.  

26 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

In what way? I'm interested to hear both sides here as what TK is saying about them covering it up does sound slightly plausible? What makes his theory batshit crazy?

The complete lack of evidence.  Complete.  

Ask the fucking stupid cunt if he’d be happy to be convicted on the same level of conjecture.  

29 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

In what way? I'm interested to hear both sides here as what TK is saying about them covering it up does sound slightly plausible? What makes his theory batshit crazy?

Where were you on 3/5/2007? 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I didn't rule out kidnapping myself but I just think its natural for the parents to have originally been suspects.

I fully agree, based on the limited evidence available nothing should be ruled out.

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Ok. So is there more evidence pointing towards the kidnap theory?

Absolutely not.  It doesn't get talked about in mainstream media in this country, though.  If the McCanns appear on television it is purely on the terms that their narrative of events goes unchallenged, e.g. their interview on Crimewatch. 

Like I said, all of the evidence points towards her death in the apartment.  Traces of blood, cadaver odour, the apartment sterilised so that the McCanns weren't able to provide a DNA sample without obtaining it from their Leicestershire home. 

The McCanns claimed that Maddie shared a toothbrush with one of the twins and that's why they couldn't provide DNA from her toothbrush.  I can tell you as a child of two doctors myself that we don't share toothbrushes as kids.  There are enough toothbrushes to go around.  

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

They left their kids unattended whilst they ate tapas; I doubt them sharing a toothbrush would bother them.

They're not about to win parents of the year, but there's a big leap between that and killing your kid and disposing of the body. 

It's not that it would bother them, it's just unlikely to happen.  In a family with that much wealth it's not likely that the children would share a toothbrush.  On its own it means nothing, it's the entirety of the evidence against them that made the Portuguese police declare them Arguidos.  

It's not a big leap at all when you look at the entirety of the evidence.