You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Werder Bremen on Tuesday

Captain

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great game from Voronin, I am really buying into Voromania now, as this lad really has some skill I was unaware of.... Jesus Christ he is so strong you need a bulldozer to bring him down, and I am sure he´ll beat Rooney in a sprint. Cool finish for his second goal as well. Thinking back he could have had at least 4 with a bit more luck and accuracy.. Long live Voromania, can´t wait to unleash the beast on the Premiership:laugh:

Gerrard looked sharper than he had for ages, and I think he might have the season of his life ahead.... Remember there are more talent around him now and I think that will do him a world of good... If anything his performance today was a statement of intent... Hopefully we´ll see him working his magic from the center of the park most of the time, as this is where he is most effective.

Alonso owned the game in the second half, and he will nine games out of ten when given that much space. I think he will be having a great season as well... It really is a work of art to watch him pass the ball all over the pitch with such fantastic accuracy!

I think Momo deserves some praise as well as he won the ball on countless occactions, and he had a higher pass completion ratio than I think I have ever seen from him before, now if he could just keep it up and work on his shooting he will be pushing for a starting place..

Torres showed some great touches, beat his marker one on one a couple of occations and showed great strength and pace at times... He missed one sitter, and could have had another when he burst past his marker, but I am willing to bet that with his intelligent movement, pace and power and with Alonso, Gerrard, Agger and Voronin behind him to supply the passes, as well as good supply from the wings he will bag more than 20 goals this season, guaranteed...

If anything I feel we lack a little depth on the wings and at the back, but there is still a month left of the transfer window so things are looking good..

Crouch was the only one I felt played below what we should expect, and also someone needs to tell Dirk to play higher up the pitch and get into the box more often, because as the link player, Voronin and Torres are miles ahead... I would love for our Dutch Hulk to kick some ass in the oppositions box and bag us some more goals...

All in all the two pre-season games I have seen have been very encouraging indeed :thumbsup:

Voronin has suprised me with his quality.

Torres is a young lad and is far more than a finisher, that will come.

Gerrard looks fresh and lively. Marriage will settle him down.

Babbel has confidence which is good.

Yossi has skill great skill.

Crouch is maybe feeling a bit of pressure. Good.

The glass is more than 1/2 full

Decent run out for the lads and a timely reminder to Kuyt/Crouch as to exactly what they are up against this season in terms of competition.

I'm excited by the likes of Torres and Babel but after last season my hopes and ambitions will remain in check until I see some real progress, hopefully in the first few months of the season.

A start like last year is unthinkable.

Anny Road hasn't learnt to spell "Babel" yet, which is worrying.

It may take me the first six months of the season. I shall experiment with different spellings to see which one suits him best. If his ego gets too big I shall just refer to him as b (deliberate lack of capital)

Crouch was the only one I felt played below what we should expect, and also someone needs to tell Dirk to play higher up the pitch and get into the box more often, because as the link player, Voronin and Torres are miles ahead... I would love for our Dutch Hulk to kick some ass in the oppositions box and bag us some more goals...

He was playing the furthest forward much of the time when Voronin was on but dropped back when Torres came on.

Just back from the club.Long way to go before making judgement,but I have to say(first impression) that Benayoun looks fuckin dreadful.

Pennant is way ahead of him.

Bollocks. I thought he showed some nice touches and linked well with Kuyt and Torres at times. Plus he isn't a right winger anyway.

I thought Darby was quietly impressive. I only saw the last half hour though. Alonso was excellent and it was good to finally Towers in a red shirt proper. Decent match all in all.

What the hell was all that hoo-ha over the disallowed goal?