You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone ever been the Griffin on Clerkenwell Road by Farringdon tube station?. Apparently that does the pound in the pint glass routine

White Horse in Shoreditch is the same. Not rough though - took the Mrs once as she'd heard me talk about it after my stag weekend and fancied popping in to see.

• Upvote 1

White Horse in Shoreditch is the same. Not rough though - took the Mrs once as she'd heard me talk about it after my stag weekend and fancied popping in to see.

Nothing better than a woman who wants to see other women take their clothes off.

When I met my missus she lived on her own but had a subscription to the adult channels on Sky. Went a long way towards influencing my decision to marry her, I can tell you.

• Upvote 7

Worth a visit then RJ?

Yeah.

It's been a while since I've been in though.

Mate of mine swears by it, dirty little shithead is always in there anytime he's up in London. He's hilarious makes excuses when we're out on the lash to get away and we know he's like a rat up a drain pipe to get to The Griffin. Last time he faked a call from his missus to get away, while we were on the tube. The fact we were about 200ft underground on the Bakerloo line and had no sniff of a signal didn't occur to him.

But basically when I've been in there of an evening, there are a few girls doing the rounds, quids in a glass and usually offers of personal dances too. Probably about a tenner for that, but never partook myself.

Traditional decor, good range of ales is my recollection. Not rough, but obviously the nature of the business means there a few wasp chewing bulldog looking ugly grocks on the door

Red Lion in litherland was my first drinking establishment and had some good times watching the likes of Thunderboots etc ,was a bit rough I suppose looking back but you didn't know anything else. I still call in when im home as I do with Ma Kents and Salt Box just to see old faces but tend to stick in town but enjoyable enough. The Liffey mens bogs though looks like they were last given a good bleaching in about the 19thC and beware of the small step if you have had a few or it could prove to be a ghastly outcome , pub is ok though. As for the Penny Farthing not been in for years and not likely to , tremendous and inviting as it looks. I believe a late friend of mine met his future Missus in there many years ago, singing in a big band of sorts so it must of been pretty decent then.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

I've been in Browns and The Griffin pre-match, always thoroughly enjoyed myself!

My mate always had a line in fake pound coins as well which he bought for 50p each, so we were only paying 50p per dance really.

Unfortunately the bloke who sold them to him is currently doing time at one of Her Majesty's hotels.

Not a pub but worst place ive ever been is the Pleasure Rooms, it used to be the only place open till 6 so used to end up there all the time.

Seen the lot in there, stabbings, sexual assaults how it stayed open so long i'll never know if you opened your mouth in the bogs and you didn't have a scouse accent you was prety much fair game to be mugged.

Brown's is next on the Mrs list. She wants to know what a lap dance is like.

Went to a wedding in town once and me, two of my mates and one of their girlfriends came out in town after. Me and the other lad decided that we wanted to go the strippers and we were trying to think of an excuse to leave the other lad with his bird. My mate said " you two are going the strippers aren't you?". We expected his bird to call us a pair of pervs when she just turns round and says "l'll go". Her boyfriend nearly dropped his pint but we all went. When we got there she got a lapdance and the girl let her touch her even though it wasn't allowed as a club rule. Half the fellas in the place put their drinks down and gathered round the booth for a perv. My mate said his bird let him do her up the arse when they got home too as she had been that turned on.

• Upvote 4

I haven't been to every pub on this thread and never claimed to, as I've never set foot in Nottingham or Bristol, slight exaggeration I think.

Went the harbour bar in south road last night, there were more people snorting Coke in the bigs than waiting to get served at the bar. It's the only place open till 2am now that Desperantos has shut. It attracts the high quality clientele from Thornton, Bootle, Netherton and Seaforth.

• Upvote 1

moonraker in leigh now shut down. Total shit hole but stayed open til about six in the morning.

One night after an all dayer we decided go in despite saying before we went out we wouldn't. Went out for a cig and had some guy questioning me because he thought I was an undercover cop.

went in after a sporting final in 2007 I managed to end up fighting within 120 seconds of getting in i hadn't even put my pint on the table.

Not a pub but worst place ive ever been is the Pleasure Rooms, it used to be the only place open till 6 so used to end up there all the time.

Seen the lot in there, stabbings, sexual assaults how it stayed open so long i'll never know if you opened your mouth in the bogs and you didn't have a scouse accent you was prety much fair game to be mugged.

That used to be a regular spot for me to. First time in there went to the jacks and each cubicle had a lad sitting down with a carrier bag dealing whatever took your fancy. They kind of cleaned it up a few years later in that the dealing was done around the bar/floor instead of the lav.