You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Women's football

Newport

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We have never welcomed racists.  The men here are becoming a bit less sexist (but not before we drove away some decent women posters); I reckon that's because some of us have grown up a bit.

"Cognitive flexibility".

*chortle*

Ah, the old alt-right/ bigot's defence when they get called out for their bullshit. It seems everyone else is too close minded to accept their poisonous musings, rather than the more obvious conclusion that we think they're stupid wankers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

This place used to be one of diverse opinion, sadly that has died. Now it is full of people like you who lack the cognitive flexibility to see any thought that does not fall neatly into the center of their own intellectual bell curve. It's boring.

How would you know what this place used to be? Your account is a year old. Hmmmm.

Also, what'd you copy and paste this from a Jordan Peterson tweet? You can't write verbose shite like that, you're stupid.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Emma Hayes is 47.  There hasn't been any proper coverage of or support for the women's game until some time in the last decade.  Given that she's made a career in football, it's reasonable to assume that she loves the game; it's also reasonable to assume that the game she fell in love with was the men's game, because that's all that was available.  So why shouldn't she want to be part of that game?

See also - every other female pundit, commentator, official, etc.

All perfectly reasonable . For me I just find her delivery and what she says boring and often puerile. True of most male commentators as well.  I'm saying no more as I am not going to get dragged into to some argument about bigotry  Female commentators are here to stay so I'll just have to turn the sound down 

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

All perfectly reasonable . For me I just find her delivery and what she says boring and often puerile. True of most male commentators as well.  I'm saying no more as I am not going to get dragged into to some argument about bigotry  Female commentators are here to stay so I'll just have to turn the sound down 

Oh yeah, I'm no fan of Emma Hayes; I just wouldn't conclude from that that all women should be barred from any connection to the men's game.

11 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Oh yeah, I'm no fan of Emma Hayes; I just wouldn't conclude from that that all women should be barred from any connection to the men's game.

Don't think I have ever said 'banned' but just on merit will do and not to tick some fucking diversity box that they satisfy just because they are a woman.

24 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Don't think I have ever said 'banned' but just on merit will do and not to tick some fucking diversity box that they satisfy just because they are a woman.

‘I cant hate women… my mum was one’

You thick misogynist racist scumbag.

• Upvote 1

What is the point here exactly? What is the topic being discussed? If it's that the female game is being shoe horned into the men's game then I think there is a point there. If it's about female pundits/analysts then I don't watch any of them from whichever gender.

Personally I do think Women's football isn't being marketed as well as it should be. 

4 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

On 08/12/2023 at 17:40, Poor Scouser T said:

I fucking hate women having anything to do with the mens game... get to fuck. Leave us alone.

2 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Thats an opinion nowhere does it say ban them. I fucking hate Mica Richards and Gary Neville wish they would fuck off. Wouldn't ban them.

You hate those two men. At no point have you said you wish men would fuck off out of it.  You only say that about women because you're a bigoted gobshite.

8 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

30 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I'm all for the woman's game. They are dedicated, professional and I hope they can fill stadiums, win trophies and earn good money. More power to them. Just don't see why women have to become involved in the mens game. It not misogynist. Just don't see why as they are not very good.

The fuck are you talking about.

Play the game we will support it. Excel be the best you can with full FA and Prem resources. train the young girls in 1st class facilities with great sponsorship and partnerships with top mens clubs. Win international tournaments have open top bus parades the lot. Just stop punditary and commentary in the mens game. Please.

11 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

The fuck are you talking about.

Play the game we will support it. Excel be the best you can with full FA and Prem resources. train the young girls in 1st class facilities with great sponsorship and partnerships with top mens clubs. Win international tournaments have open top bus parades the lot. Just stop punditary and commentary in the mens game. Please.

What I'm talking about is the obvious fact that you - like every other gobshite who wants to stop women from doing jobs that they are perfectly capable of doing - are a ridiculous sexist gobshite who deserves to be laughed at rather than debated.

My accountant is a women, she is ace. My business manager is a women, again 1st class. A couple of the places I own are run by women. I've ran teams, depts and companies all over the place and heavily relied on the abilities of professional women. Now thanks to them I can put my feet up a bit and leave them to it.

So I won't be lectured to by some spotty faced gobshite stuck in a boring 9-5 wanking into a sock on how to treat and appreciate women and putting the world to rights on the internet. I've more life experience of women in my little finger than you will experience in your entire lifetime so shut the fuck up.

• Haha 1