You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

team and predictions V Arsenal

Paco

I like the look of this:

----------------------------Reina---------------------------

Finnan------------Carragher---------Hyypia-------------Riise

---------------------------Alonso----------------------------

----------Gerrard-----------------------------Zenden----------

--------------------------Luis Garcia---------------------------

------------------Kuyt---------------Crouch-------------------

nice, tight, compact team with goals a-plenty. This team could beat Arsenal 1 nil (Crouch)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal play right down the middle, lots of small quick passes. So Id like to see us do to them what we did to the chavs in the fa cup semi, and go wide, stretch it, and attack their full backs.

Usher's team seems to be the best best for some of that action.

Henry 1 - 2 Kuyt, Crouch.

I like the idea of the 3-5-2 against Arsenal.

-----------Reina------------

---Carra--Hyypia--Agger----

Finnan----Alonso--------Riise

------Gerrard---Zenden------

--------Crouch--Kuyt--------

You have Finnan and Riise to attack on the wings . Both Gerrard and Kuyt and move over to the wings if needed.

That team requires plenty of movement by both Gerrard and Kuyt but im pretty sure both players have the engine to do that.

I also believe 3-5-2 may work agaisnt Arsenal. But i believe we need pace upfront to stretch their defence, and create space for Gerrard to utilise. Bellamy up front...or maybe even Gonzales, who can run directly at them, and also threathen from distance.

rosisky is out injured, apparently. and sky seem to think pennant will start, and they're usally spot on.

i think they'll go 4-4-2 with just fabrega and gilberto in the middle, and we'll match them. gerrard and alonso should have no major problems against those two. gerrard needs to slam that little twat, fabregas, early doors, and watch him disapear for the rest of the game.

Tomas Rosicky has picked up a hamstring problem and will be out for an estimated 10 days.

The Czech international injured himself in training on Thursday. He is likely to miss the home games with Liverpool, Newcastle and possibly the Champions League tie with Hamburg.

Rosicky joins Freddie Ljungberg (calf), Julio Baptista (hamstring), Lauren (knee) and Abou Diaby (ankle) on the injured list.

Manuel Almunia is available for Sunday’s game with Liverpool despite suffering concussion at Everton in midweek.

rosisky is out injured, apparently. and sky seem to think pennant will start, and they're usally spot on.

i think they'll go 4-4-2 with just fabrega and gilberto in the middle, and we'll match them. gerrard and alonso should have no major problems against those two. gerrard needs to slam that little twat, fabregas, early doors, and watch him disapear for the rest of the game.

:D you're kidding right? Sky believe whatever is in the red tops. So they are usually full of shite.

Guest attacking_play
I like the look of this:

Finnan------------Carragher---------Hyypia-------------Riise

---------------------------Alonso----------------------------

----------Gerrard-----------------------------Zenden----------

nice, tight, compact team with goals a-plenty. This team could beat Arsenal 1 nil (Crouch)

Finnan------------Carragher---------Hyypia-------------agger

----------Gerrard--------------Alonso---------------Riise---------

striker sub: fowler (or crouch for fowler, fowler starting)

alonso and garcia in the centre of midfield?

not going for the agressive approach then?

agger at left back?

too many games of championship manager i reckon.

Guest attacking_play
alonso and garcia in the centre of midfield?

not going for the agressive approach then?

agger at left back?

too many games of championship manager i reckon.

what's championship manager?

I'm surprised some people are still hoping Gerrard plays out wide even though Momo is out! This is a great opportunity for Stevie to show us what he can do in the centre. He was once an awesome sight playing in the middle, we need that Stevie to re-emerge, and there's no better match to do that in than vs the Arse.

They've got quality midfielders but they no longer have the juggernaut that was Vieira. Stevie is capable of bossing any of their central midfielders if he wants to. He just needs to stop imagining he's a Zidane and go back to being an all-action, tackling central midfielder.