You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trainees

Vincent Vega

I'm like Imelda Marcos when it comes to trainess and being an arl arse, I love my classics. Currently I can be found be found wearing the following:

main_view_bg.jpg

Diadora-Borg-Elite-1981-large.jpg

6400_16498A.jpg

1215_03079.jpg

I also have a pair of adidas SL80 in blue and gold that I can't find a picture of.

The one thing I really want to buy though is a pair of adidas Tenerife shoes that I had in the mid 80's, those who remember them will remember that they were boss. I also loved my adidas First trackie and my adidas Ivan Lendl t-shirt.

Any other 30 something scouse scallys remember this stuff?

I generally only buy trainers when they're on sale, but I still manage to pick up some decent clobber. Having size 12 feet (11 and a half actually, but 11s are too small) tends to limit what's available, however.

Right now I have some Globe Australia Matt Mumford that I got in TK Maxx for 20 quid about 5 years ago, a bit like these but with more white and red, and less grey:

GlobeMumford.jpg

And I also have some black and silver Nike Impax I got from JJB last year, £29 reduced from £65, this model:

NikeImpax.jpg

Now, thanks to this thread, I have the urge to go out and buy a few new pairs :D

I'm pretty bad when it comes to buying footwear too, today I bought these :-

_5276931.jpg

The other week I couldn't pass up a bargain on these :- (about 11 quid in real money at the Adidas outlet)

adidas%20Mens%20Italia%2074m1.jpg

Nike%20Mens%20Cortez%20Basicm2.jpg

Talking about old trainees, any of you lads remember Adidas Columbia? Fat sole and pegs in the back, made out of pigskin? Favourite trainees ever, can't find any pics anywhere of them.

just looked at your Adidas again Vincent and they look like something I had a couple of years back only mine were white with red, white and blue stripes...they were called Adidas Oregon...before I'd even moved here! Weirder still the Nikes I bought today are called Nike Oregon Waffle...spooky

Well i'm not 30 somthing I'm 26 but I used too be a Trainer Addict. Between 15-19 it was always a Variation of Reebok Classic

84148_450_45.jpg

and then Nike Air

zn426v36.jpg

then at about 23-24 my taste took a hell of a swing and now its Just Skate shoes, which by the way are the comfiest things Iv ever wore

These are The next ones

circa-211bld-wt-blk-sklz-06-zoom.jpg

I can't skate tho but my feet love em !