You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lumpard given role preference to Stevie again!

milerz

From sky sports.

New England manager Steve McClaren will play Steven Gerrard on the right side of midfield against Greece.

"I spoke with Stevie and he is delighted with that - he will play anywhere for England," said McClaren.

"It is an evolution. We are looking at one or two different things and the shape of the team is one of them."

He will also start with Jermain Defoe, who was left out of England's World Cup squad, and Stewart Downing, who played for only 50 minutes in Germany.

What a surprise as well, Downing starts, would never of guessed that.

From sky sports.

New England manager Steve McClaren will play Steven Gerrard on the right side of midfield against Greece.

"I spoke with Stevie and he is delighted with that - he will play anywhere for England," said McClaren.

"It is an evolution. We are looking at one or two different things and the shape of the team is one of them."

He will also start with Jermain Defoe, who was left out of England's World Cup squad, and Stewart Downing, who played for only 50 minutes in Germany.

He's utter shite is Downing, and I find it hilarious that he's playing, although I accept that with the chav cunt injured there aren't many options for him.

McClaren will prove to be worse than Sven I reckon.

Young Lennon should be given a game on the right after what he did in Germany, with Gerrard alongside Hargreaves in t'middle.

Lampard is so shite, it hurts my sides laughing at him.

From sky sports.

How many times can he say that before the backlash begins???? I've counted about 10time already (well, I havent really but I guess its around 10 times, starting to get on my nerves now)

Lampard shouldnt be given Stevie's role, he's shit.

Guest Will Warmer
How the fuck a shit full back can get in the squad as a defensive midfielder ahead of Nigel Reo-Cocker I'll never know. :wallbutt:

That's the problem with England, any other half decent country would have called a player like Reo Coker up by now.

Guest Will Warmer
Awful choice to manage England, I mean what has he ever done. The FA are living in a time warp and the whole lot needs a spring clean, mind you it will never happen.

Only hope our lads come back fit and well.

Fancy appointing a redhed WITH HIVES!

We should sned Paco down to 'beat the living shit' out of Steve.

I think we're seeing the influence a captain can have on his manager. Can't you just see Terry threatening to quit England if Lampard doesn't stay as the attacking midfielder, and McClaren quickly replying that he'll do whatever it takes to please Terry. The man's got no balls, he just want's everyone to think he does.

Guest davestan84

For all i care england could lose every game from now till the day i die. I fucking hate them its a total bullshit setup and the selection process is utter wank. I must hav been the only person in the pub pissin myself laughin when they got beat by portugal and what little bit of hurt i felt was for carra because i knew the twatting papers would rib him. "I know wel sack the slag shaggin swede amd bring in his personal knob sucker, the guy who manages middlesborough and looks like the queer from the full monty who tried to kill himself". Great solution.

Ahhh I feel so much better now....