You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SWP has no regrets about Chelsea

Rashid

Do they though? They have got each one of their targets this summer.

But 2 of those targets Shev and Ballack are 30 years old, with Carlos 33 (if he comes over)...

For me, they will always get the foriegn lads, it's when they go for the young English, home grown talent is when they will come short - The Carson's and Walcott's of this world....

But 2 of those targets Shev and Ballack are 30 years old, with Carlos 33 (if he comes over)...

For me, they will always get the foriegn lads, it's when they go for the young English, home grown talent is when they will come short - The Carson's and Walcott's of this world....

Kind of agree - although in recent times they have bought Duff, Bridge, Cole, SWP etc - all with Roman's money.

But don't you think he could have been a bit more honest... we know, he knows, everyone knows that he fucked himself up... but to say he doesn't have "one regret" that to me is just plain stupid... I wouldn't expect him to come out and slag off Chelsea, but he could have been more honest and said, something about expecting more time on the pitch and expecting to be on the plan to Germany, I don't think anyone would have thought any less of him... he's made himself look more stupid with his "Not one regret" comment...

Well if you think about it, isn't it feasible that what he's saying is true? I mean, at the time he made the decision to go there (or City made the decision?) why would he think he wouldn't get a game? He'd just had two excellent seasons and will have been incredibly confident about starting the majority of the games.

When I say 'he knows he's fucked up', I mean that in a retrospective sense. He can see that going there has fucked up his world cup plans etc, and he hasn't played much football. However, at the time it was the right decision for him, it just hasn't worked out how he envisaged it.

The boy's still a Chelsea player - he's hardly likely to come out with "It was the mistake of my life to join the Chavs - never listen to your step-dad" - Morientes was still giving it the big "I love it at Anfield" a week before he left.

Just PR - nothing more..

Not true, when Morientes got left out of the Spain squad he made it very clear that his year had been a disaster and that if he wasn't going to get picked he'd rather leave.

And SWP is on contract, they gotta pay him, if he had balls he'd never have signed (other than City asked him pretty please) but now he can say he's pissed at the way things worked out and it won't be the end of the world for a moment. (He'll stay get his 50k whatever- what's Maureen going to do, bench him!?)

If he doesn't want to be a Chav anymore, he should say "It was the mistake of my life to join the Chavs - never listen to your step-dad" if he wants to stay then the PR bullshit will have Rafa moving on dammed fast.

Guest FarmersBoy
I don't think anyone would have thought any less of him... he's made himself look more stupid with his "Not one regret" comment...

Well I would have thought less of him. We are, as Liverpool fans, forever incanting about loyalty. You can't simply say that "it's Chelsea, it doesn't count" because it does. It's not a moveable feast and I wouldn't want us to be in for any player that was prepared to be so disloyal.

A social but entirely transferable analogy is that, if you were to talk about someone else behind their back to me (and I'm not saying you would!), and I engaged in the conversation, I could hardly be surprised and complain if you then went and spoke about me behind my back, telling everyone what I'd told you, could I?

Guest FarmersBoy
wats that gotta do wit SWP being a tit he is as bad as his tit of a dad he has

i dnt get wiv dis program so i cnt get wot u r sain

Guest FarmersBoy
sorry it came out wrong i just meant he made a mistake joinin the chavs but surely he knew wat it would be like there before he joined

Thing is, all footballers by their nature are arrogant. They all think that they will be able to get into the first team; why else would such and such a club be paying all that money for them? I remember Owen at Madrid at the start... everyone else knew he was going to be a super sub brought on to score (and to be fair to Madrid the handled him brilliantly; he scored plenty from the bench AND didnt' get injured for the first season in ages).

Same thing with Parker at Chelsea, JEffers at Arsenal..... The list is endless.

I think what SWP's signing has shown is that, where before if you were a record or close to record signing you'd play, there, because of their money, it's not true. And they have enough really, really top-drawer players to keep you out of a side even when there are injuries.

sorry it came out wrong i just meant he made a mistake joinin the chavs but surely he knew wat it would be like there before he joined

I'd hate to get a text from you if this is how you type.. it'd take me ages to work out what the fuck you are saying!!