You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ten men? Ten fucking giants, more like.

Paul

And the biggest of the lot is Xabi Alonso. What a fucking player. Is there anyone more intelligent in the league? He was absolutely immense today; brass fucking bollocks and shoulders of granite to take the responsibility he did after 20 minutes. He was absolutely everywhere and involved in everything. Mind you, I shouldn't be surprised. After all, this is the man who tried to stamp off a broken ankle, and then played on with it for ten minutes.

He wasn't alone, though. Every single Red out there had a great game, whether it be the disciplined performances of JAR and Finnan, the superb concentration of the two centre-halves, the running and destructive work of Big Mo, the intelligent winning, retention and use of the ball by Crouch or the moments of genius from Lil' Luis.

Take that "Blue and White Shite". Let's have second and the FA Cup.

Viva la Rafalution!!!

Guest Momo Sissoko

Xabi was magnificent. He took the game by the scruff of the neck when they pulled one back and draaged us to the win. A real world class performance.

Some of his crossing and passing was just exquisite. Fucking love the guy and Rafa, and all our Spanish lads, even little Luis who frustrates the arse off me, was immense today.

Good post Paul and nice to have you back over on this side of the forum boundaries.

What did you think to Kewell today? I think he's putting his "shithouse" reputation behind him more and more with every game. It's not just the creative side of his game he's got back, he's showing a bit more steel too.

Hindsight is a great thing, but it seems to me that his injury problems hit him far more than just physically. I reckon he was probably struggling with a touch of depression there for a while; he was so disinterested and over-weight. He looks like a real player now and I'm very pleased Rafa was right and I was wrong about him, because I thought he was finished at Liverpool. I still want to see him about half a stone lighter and about ten goals heavier, but he's well and truly doing the business now.

His use of the ball is second only to Xabi's in my opinion. He rarely gives it away and is becoming a very consistent passer. Also, as you suggest, he doesn't allow himself to get bullied anymore. A very important member of the team for us and hopefully one who'll significatly raise his game again for next season.

Luis Garcia today proved his future at anfield is as the 2nd striker and not as a wide player, also very interesting that he now seems to be ahead of Fowler, Cisse and Moro in the pecking order, Rafa obvioulsy have faith in little Luis

Interestingly, I made that very point way back in September in the exact same post where I advocated playing Steven Gerrard on the right. Got to love being right.

I thought that was Xabi's best performance for us today, he really lead by example and took on the responsibilty of dominating the midfield after Gerrard's sending off which was completely warranted despite the all round dreadfulness of that no necked idiot Phil Dowd.

Sissoko's performance was remarkable given that it was his second game back after such a nasty injury. Sami and Carra handled the long ball stuff against Beattie and the tampon very well (was I hearing things or were the blueshite doing that "hoof" chant that Arsenal do when we were clearing it out of defence? Cheeky twats if they were). Crouch and Luis did brilliantly keeping posession, winning free kicks, throw ins and corners and generally keeping the ball in the Everton half.

9 more points should guarantee third, which we will need if don't want to be watching Arsenal very nervously in the CL. Let's just press on keep winning and hopefully apply a bit of pressure to the Mancs who still have to face Bolton, Spurs and Chelsea away and Arsenal at home.

Luis Garcia should be our link man and I have said it all along, he is worth his weight in gold. A mate of mine at half time said to me, "I bet Garcia breaks their hearts" - and he sure did, he is that type of player and probably the best finisher at the club and also the best in the air of our forwards.

Next season with a top striker ahead of him, we could win the league.

Luis Garcia should be our link man and I have said it all along, he is worth his weight in gold. A mate of mine at half time said to me, "I bet Garcia breaks their hearts" - and he sure did, he is that type of player and probably the best finisher at the club and also the best in the air of our forwards.

Next season with a top striker ahead of him, we could win the league.

You and your flexing-mates sure have a sensitive approach to football ;)

that was our most satisfying performance of the season.totally dominaed in every position.im on the piss and i aint stopping now.xabi and momo gave us the best midfield display i,ve seen in a long,long time.well done to crouchie as well.how uncomfortable did he make stubbs and weir feel.the amount of free kicks the big man won was superb and it gave xabi the chance to put them under pressure.lil luis also deserves a mention.he,s taken a lot of stick the past 2 months but i think today and tuesday he has shown his worth.wee man for the big occasion,and you could count on 1 hand the amount of time he wasted a ball today.im over the moon with this!!!!!

Alonso was brilliant today and special mention to Momo who considering its only his 2nd game back after a serious eye injury was immense.

There was an instance towards the end of the game when Garcia claimed a foul down on the touchline next thing - bang! theres Sissoko booting the ball out of play. He is the best midfield destroyer i have seen for a long time and im just glad that he is ours.

Xabi MOTM! He was mega! All played well today tho.

I have always thought luis should be used as a 2nd striker too (even tho I may not have mentioned it :whistle: ) He is a match winner and can do less damage to us if he loses possesion, in an advanced position.

All together now... ''Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic, la,la,la,la'' :D

Alonso class is class and by fuck does he have it. Other mentions to Momo anyone have doubts have a look at him. And also to finish two players who get a lot of stick Garcia and Kewel two great goals. Peoples club my arse more Paupers club.

I thought that was Xabi's best performance for us today, he really lead by example and took on the responsibilty of dominating the midfield after Gerrard's sending off which was completely warranted despite the all round dreadfulness of that no necked idiot Phil Dowd.

Sissoko's performance was remarkable given that it was his second game back after such a nasty injury. Sami and Carra handled the long ball stuff against Beattie and the tampon very well (was I hearing things or were the blueshite doing that "hoof" chant that Arsenal do when we were clearing it out of defence? Cheeky twats if they were). Crouch and Luis did brilliantly keeping posession, winning free kicks, throw ins and corners and generally keeping the ball in the Everton half.

9 more points should guarantee third, which we will need if don't want to be watching Arsenal very nervously in the CL. Let's just press on keep winning and hopefully apply a bit of pressure to the Mancs who still have to face Bolton, Spurs and Chelsea away and Arsenal at home.

Wise words...

And although i hate footballing clichès, i think Xabi`s sending off at Highbury was a blessing in disguise. In that game, and previous games he looked absolutely knackered, and even his passing was becoming crap. His little break was needed and he is now playing as good as he`s ever been. Today his freekicks was of a standard i`ve never seen from him, delivered with such pace and presicion, very difficult to defend against.

Steven Gerrard has been very good, but this break will do him the world of good, and i believe we will go on a run and might claim second spot.

Luis Garcia today proved his future at anfield is as the 2nd striker and not as a wide player, also very interesting that he now seems to be ahead of Fowler, Cisse and Moro in the pecking order, Rafa obvioulsy have faith in little Luis

That's despite him playing most of the match at right midfield due to gerrard being sent off. :whistle:

Not for one moment this afternoon did we look like we had less players on the pitch. Our ability to control the game was superb and Alonso, as many have said, should be singled out for praise. The guy took the game by the scruff of the neck and produced a master class. Sissoko loos like he was never away and we definitely benefitted from his tireless running today.

Pedro The Crouch was also blinding and if anyone now cannot see what he brings to the team, then I'm sorry, you are blind, ignorant and stupid. He led the line and allowed our players to break out and attack in numbers. And did all that whilst having Weir and Stubbs hanging from his shoulders.

At no time today did everton really threaten us and even throwing the tampon on was, as usual, much ado about nothing. I was unfortunate enough to have blueshite sat next to me today and when Kewell pinged in the third, I turned to him and said 'sorry mate but it hasn't even be a real contest today'.

Can we get second? Why the fuck not.