You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

The wests backing of what is increasingly becoming a televised rework of what Hamas have done, and then justifying it, and the west agreeing to it, is very very worrying for the coming years for not just the Middle East but the world as a whole. 

Rightly or wrongly- you can sort of see why people become radicalised. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

The wests backing of what is increasingly becoming a televised rework of what Hamas have done, and then justifying it, and the west agreeing to it, is very very worrying for the coming years for not just the Middle East but the world as a whole. 

Rightly or wrongly- you can sort of see why people become radicalised. 

There was a great call to James o Brian's show where a fella said isreals actions are going to see an entire new generation of kids who have just seen Israel wipe out their families and the cycle begins again

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell! The attack on the flatbed lorry carrying people fleeing Northern Gaza is sickening. Just kids killed in cold blood for the sake of revenge. It's so bad. It's making me angry now. To think that there's people who support this - even in our very community. I just can't fathom.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

There was a great call to James o Brian's show where a fella said isreals actions are going to see an entire new generation of kids who have just seen Israel wipe out their families and the cycle begins again

Not to sound cute here, but todays orphaned child, is tomorrow’s radicalised terrorist. 

It’s a very simple equation that somehow no one in power, seems to be able to connect the dots. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Given the march in London, and other prominent cities, I predict we’ll see several of the usual suspects (Riley et al.) banging on about how they feel unsafe and how cities like London, Liverpool and Manchester are no-go zones for the Jewish community, and everyone who lives there is antisemitic. Moderate Jewish voices will be drowned out,

image.gif

29 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Fucking hell! The attack on the flatbed lorry carrying people fleeing Northern Gaza is sickening. Just kids killed in cold blood for the sake of revenge. It's so bad. It's making me angry now. To think that there's people who support this - even in our very community. I just can't fathom.

And watch the IDF blame this attack on Hamas - just like when they bomb schools and hospitals because, they say, Hamas are storing weapons there. And our media never question the Israeli account of events. If I said why I thought that was the case the antisemitism accusations would follow.

2 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I’ll ask again, when was the last time that the IDF demanded that hundreds of thousands move from their homes and go and live somewhere else, where there’s nowhere for them to stay and where forcing vast numbers of people into an already overcrowded area will exacerbate an already existing humanitarian crisis?

I don't know. What was the last time Palestinians crossed over from Gaza and killed 1,300 Israelis, most of them by gunfire in planned massacres and within 24 hours? So it this context it is not some unpredictable escalation, compared to '21 and '14. BTW, at least at face value, they are asking them to evacuate, move from the area of operations, not relocate permanently. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I don't know. What was the last time Palestinians crossed over from Gaza and killed 1,300 Israelis, most of them by gunfire in planned massacres and within 24 hours? So it this context it is not some unpredictable escalation, compared to '21 and '14. BTW, at least at face value, they are asking them to evacuate, move from the area of operations, not relocate permanently. 

Why won’t you just answer the question? 

7 minutes ago, SasaS said:

although, I guess that this is some sort of acknowledgment that the current Israeli murder spree is not like others we’ve seen before. Thanks for admitting that you were wrong. 

10 minutes ago, SasaS said:

It was Hamas, by the way. Not Palestinians. And the victims weren’t all Israeli. But, apart from that, great post. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SasaS said:

What a bad fucking tit

42 minutes ago, SasaS said:

they are asking them to evacuate, move from the area of operations, not relocate permanently. 

The Palestinians who moved away from the areas of operation in 1948 were never allowed to return. They left their houses thinking they will return in a matter of days or weeks. Their grand children in Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon still have the keys of their houses to this day, and they will keep passing those keys from one generation to another.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/palestine-keys-return-home-israel-palestinians-a8398341.html

8 hours ago, Nelly-Matip said:

It says a lot when some Tory MPs are doing and saying more than Labour are regarding Israel’s campaign of civilian murder. 

IMG_3056.jpeg

"Some Tories" = Crispin Blunt.

Step aside, Rory Stewart, there's a new hero in town.

It's so depressingly predictable to see bitter old cultists like yourself using this tragedy to make political points against the Labour Party that your man would give his right arm to be readmitted to.

I see, too, that someone was arrested for displaying a Union flag at the pro-Palestinian demo in London today. Rightly so, IMO, even though it created a shitstorm on right-wing Twitter, as it was obviously a provocative act designed to cause unrest, exactly the same reason, I would guess, why someone displaying a Palestinian flag was arrested in Manchester this week at a vigil of the dead Israelis, even though it caused a shitstorm on left-wing Twitter. 

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

"Some Tories" = Crispin Blunt.

Step aside, Rory Stewart, there's a new hero in town.

It's so depressingly predictable to see bitter old cultists like yourself using this tragedy to make political points against the Labour Party that your man would give his right arm to be readmitted to.

I see, too, that someone was arrested for displaying a Union flag at the pro-Palestinian demo in London today. Rightly so, IMO, even though it created a shitstorm on right-wing Twitter, as it was obviously a provocative act designed to cause unrest, exactly the same reason, I would guess, why someone displaying a Palestinian flag was arrested in Manchester this week at a vigil of the dead Israelis, even though it caused a shitstorm on left-wing Twitter. 

Less of the old! I stopped reading at that point. I was already bored. 

• Upvote 1

They are being asked to move.

The only direction is the Rafah crossing in the south.

Israel are bombing the Rafah crossing.

Despite Egypt asking them to stop, so they can take the refugees.

Anyone who doesn't think that's deliberate by Israel I have a bridge to sell you.

3 minutes ago, Dicko said:

You didn't miss much.

I got up to the bit about political points. 

I’m sorry if I upset anybody but I thought that the leader of the Labour Party stopping people from exercising their democratic right to protest and not being willing to condemn war crimes/collective punishment was kind of a big issue. 

Silly me.