You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Spent the evening watching Sky News, CNN and Al Jezzera. Its actually mental the difference between the reporting. CNN is obsessed with Iran, Sky full of pictures of happy Israeli families and interviews with people who have had a weekend of the reality Palestine has had my entire adult life. Al Jezzera is all dead Palestinian babies.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, No2 said:

Spent the evening watching Sky News, CNN and Al Jezzera. Its actually mental the difference between the reporting. CNN is obsessed with Iran, Sky full of pictures of happy Israeli families and interviews with people who have had a weekend of the reality Palestine has had my entire adult life. Al Jezzera is all dead Palestinian babies.

Channel 4's programme was decent earlier. They went with the novel approach of interviewing Israelis AND Palestinians.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Channel 4's programme was decent earlier. They went with the novel approach of interviewing Israelis AND Palestinians.

Saw a little clip on itv where the events of sat were compared to nazism.

You could wearily predict how this has been weaponisised by Tories,and far right crack pots(so both the same really)

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

They'll probably ramp it up!

I don't know.

It's getting world wide coverage

How are you going to look,politically,when you are cheerleading children being blown to bits?

I think that's why all this anti protest stuff here is getting ramped up.

4 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I cannot find in any way the justification for killing 250+ kids at a music festival.

There is no justification. It is absolutely wrong. But try telling that to the father who was holding his dead child in the post above on this thread. Try telling that to the millions of Palestinians who have been treated like insects in the last 75 years.

While there is absolutely no justification, there is certainly a reason.

Solving a problem starts with understanding and acknowledging its reasons. 

• Upvote 1

Israeli airstrikes pounded Gaza on Monday, flattening mosques over the heads of worshipers, wiping away a busy marketplace full of shoppers and killing entire families, witnesses and authorities in Gaza said.

Five Israeli airstrikes ripped through the marketplace in the Jabaliya refugee camp, reducing it to rubble and killing dozens, the authorities said. Other strikes hit four mosques in the Shati refugee camp and killed people worshiping inside, they said. Witnesses said boys had been playing soccer outside one of the mosques when it was struck.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/09/world/middleeast/israel-gaza-market-air-strike-jabaliya.html?campaign_id=190&emc=edit_ufn_20231009&instance_id=104789&nl=from-the-times&regi_id=150651701&segment_id=146906&te=1&user_id=6dc6515f34043f02f886a339a00855c

It is incredibly deceitful the way in which Judaism is conflated with the State of Israel. 

Judaism is worshipping a primitive sky fairy.

Israel is a murderous state run by the war criminal Netanyahu, aided by the IDF who could give the SS lessons in genocide.

I'm not anti Semitic but I am very anti Israel.

• Downvote 1

I work with a very nice Muslim lady, full hijab and all that. As I was leaving the office last night I said to her that I thought I'd have a news-free night as it's all so fucking depressing. Her response was

"Yeah well it's okay for Ukraine to fight back but when Palestine does everyone kicks off."

That's a slightly fucking worrying stance for a British Muslim to take I think. Clearly she won't be alone with that opinion either. 

I didn't answer. I didn't know how to say "yes but Hamas are cunts too" without getting into a whole Islam terrorist / Jew terrorist debate. 

8 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

Which way will Starmer go on this? If he doesn't support Israel will he be accused of being anti semitic?

He's steered a decent middle line so far.

I do think the UK political effects of ' anti-semitism' are way overblown. The BBC's top 3 stories on the website are a guy who is deterring badgers from his garden, a village in Cornwall being sold and bedbugs.