You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cartoons

Vincent Vega

phineas and ferb

Was looking after my sisters kids on Tuesday and put the Disney channel on for them for a bit which was showing Phineas and Ferb.

It's fucking great, seriously, i've been watching quadruple bills of it every night since and haven't laughed this much at a TV programme for ages. Gonna look into buying any DVD's they have out.

I'm 32 by the way.

Some of you might have noticed I'm rather fond of My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic. The earlier ones were cutesy and not bad viewing in their own way, especially after some chemical brain modification which is how I used to watch them but FiM is just *awesome* on so many levels. Following that...

Spongebob Squarepants

Aqua Teen Hunger Force/Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1

Sealab 2021

Phineas and Ferb too is good watching.

None as good as MPL:FiM though...

Same as uncle meat, you may have noticed I am quite passionate with regard to Lauren Faust's MLP reboot and would advise anyone to watch it. Its just the best animation quality, story, voice acting and all round appeal cartoon I've ever watched.

I also would recommend:

The Regular Show

194369-RegularShow-Header.jpg

and

Metalocalypse

Dethklok2.jpg

A lot of rep been spread on this one.

For me though in no paticular order

Rackoons

Willy Fog

He man

Rugrats

Inspector Gadget

Awesome. This had a great theme tune. I remember about the same time there were loads of good Europe produced cartoons like this, Dogtanian and Mysterious Cities of Gold.

[YOUTUBE]1nGrYEFG6Ho[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 years later...

We are living in the great days of flash-style animation, where the cost of animators is lower and money can be invested into voice acting and story writers.

Recent cartoon creators have realized that cartoons are never going to be very successful unless you appeal to both the kids and the parents watching them. We have been indeed blessed over the last decade.

powerpuff-girls-wallpaper.jpg

my_little_pony_friendship_is_magic_parody_of_the_dude_and_walter_sobchak_from_the_big_lebowski-1024x576.jpg

Spongebob+SquarepantsSpongebob+Sandy+Mr+Krabs+Plan+lgfp1764spongbobpatricksandyan.jpg

going to include this, not that its a favourite, just that my sister and I used to watch it when we were very young and it took us years to find it again and work out what it was called. wrecked my head for years.

[YOUTUBE]USDhKCsxxII[/YOUTUBE]

also had to watch The Pondles and The Raggie dolls with her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...