You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arne Slot

51 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

We will see if he's good enough to do it over here. But it's not really stopped Postecoglou who has made the step from Scotland and without injuries would probably be closer to us and have Villa chasing them

I think it’s a fair point. 

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

He seems quite qualified to be the West Ham manager, but not someone who should be in serious contention for the Liverpool job.

If the point is to eventually win the league and champions league, I don’t think he’s the man to overhaul oil states like City and the likes of Real Madrid.

I’m not sure there’s a plethora of candidates that fit your criteria Kev. Alonso one day? Maybe, maybe not. 
Most of us are struggling to come up with suggestions, I know I am. I’ve kept quiet because there isn’t anyone out there I can see as streets ahead of everyone else. I was all in on Alonso but once he ruled us out, I couldn’t say who I wanted. I could say for certain who I didn’t want (Mourinho, Tuchel etc). 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He'd be part of the transfer discussions but there will be people above him, yeah.

Biggest question for me is tactically, really. Can you implement in the Premier League what you can implement in the Eredivisie where the intensity is way lower, the level is way lower. 

Got Feyenoord to the Europa League final

Let's be honest, he hasn't even got a loveable baldy head like Gary Macca had. He looks like a cross between Tony Dorigo and Michael Van Gerwen. He's got one of them plasticine type heads, that don't really shine, they kind of carry a dull glow. Kind of like a slug under a streetlight.

It feel kind of like when they replaced Matt on Game On.  Neil Stuke was no Ben Chamberlain.

It's like a Temu purchase. It' just hard to get excited about, until you have seen living evidence that this is actually the thing you are looking for. 

I'm sure in time, I could grow to like him, maybe even to love him, but he's going to have to be one hell of a step dad to replace the real thing!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Denny Crane said:

From a man who very few had ever heard of or probably watched his footie, we do seem a bit overly confident his tried and trusted methods will work. 

Did anybody name him as the gaffer they wanted in the next manager thread?

No. When I compiled the list for the poll, he wasn't even amongst the top 16 names on the list. 

This is going to be like when coach Orion took over from coach Bombay in Mighty Ducks 3.

It'll be rough at first and he's not everyone's favourite coach but he'll win them over in the end and beat those Varsity fucks.

• Haha 1