You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Manager Poll (Sans Alonso)

Next Liverpool Manager  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Next Liverpool Manager

• Ruben Amorim
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Julian Nagelsmann
    • Pep Lijnders
    • Marco Silva
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Michel Sanchez
    • Unai Emery
    • Vitor Pereira
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Julen Lopetegui
    • Simone Inzaghi
    • Graham Potter
    • Other (Specify in comments)

5 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

A few rumours that it's Niko Kovac!

It wouldn’t surprise me that it’s someone we’ve not spoken about or under the radar end of the day it’s pot luck I reckon 

12 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

A few rumours that it's Niko Kovac!

He did OK at Frankfurt winning the cup and won the league the same as everyone else does at Bayern. Made the French cup final and finished 3rd buy been sacked by Wolfsburg stuck in midtable

12 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Emery anyone?

I've always been on board with Emery. Proven he can win games when it matters and I don't believe his time at Arsenal was this huge failure a lot of neutrals like to push the idea of. Got them to a Europa league final and finished 5th (1 point behind Spurs in 4th and 2 behind Chelsea in 2nd), then only got 3 months into his 2nd season......barely got time to build a squad.

Has there been a better improvement to any side over the last 12-18months than what he's done at Villa other than Xabi? Maybe the guy at Girona, maybe Bosz at PSV, few might even say Gary O'Neil....otherwise I can't recall anyone else.

32 minutes ago, Binomial said:

I've always been on board with Emery. Proven he can win games when it matters and I don't believe his time at Arsenal was this huge failure a lot of neutrals like to push the idea of. Got them to a Europa league final and finished 5th (1 point behind Spurs in 4th and 2 behind Chelsea in 2nd), then only got 3 months into his 2nd season......barely got time to build a squad.

Has there been a better improvement to any side over the last 12-18months than what he's done at Villa other than Xabi? Maybe the guy at Girona, maybe Bosz at PSV, few might even say Gary O'Neil....otherwise I can't recall anyone else.

Yeah, the thing that most impressed me was when he got the boot from Arsenal, he went back to Spain and won another Europa league with a different side.

Bit surprised he isn't getting touted more, particularly given the weight some are placing on De Zerbi's experience of the league.

Have to wonder if he'd be wary of taking over from another big figure though. I think we're in a better place than Arsenal were post Wenger, mind.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Would. In fact after Ancelotti he’d be my next choice. Or Postecoglu who would be superb here 

Not sure about Postecoglu. The eye test tells me he's got the cojones, but Spurs seem to be reliant on Son exceeding xG and putting away clear chances. Our forwards aren't that clinical.

No to Ange for me. Fuck that high line. I'm ready for a breather on that. I want Amorim and I think its only because I don't know him so it feels like there's no ceiling on his potential the likes of Zerbi and Emery I think they could have us competitive for top 4 we know what they are about.

My biggest worry is Edwards trying  to show how clever he is and employing some university teacher whose thesis on stats and sport was an eye opener.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Not sure about Postecoglu. The eye test tells me he's got the cojones, but Spurs seem to be reliant on Son exceeding xG and putting away clear chances. Our forwards aren't that clinical.

Son has been shite loads of times this season. He’s defo got the balls to make an impact. Sets his teams up to attack and win. I like the cut of his jib and all. 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Son has been shite loads of times this season. He’s defo got the balls to make an impact. Sets his teams up to attack and win. I like the cut of his jib and all. 

Like Bobby says above, that high line would worry me. I'm not sure we've got the legs in the squad for that any more. I'd favour someone who can evolve us tactically, a tinkerer if you will.

18 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Yeah, the thing that most impressed me was when he got the boot from Arsenal, he went back to Spain and won another Europa league with a different side.

Bit surprised he isn't getting touted more, particularly given the weight some are placing on De Zerbi's experience of the league.

Have to wonder if he'd be wary of taking over from another big figure though. I think we're in a better place than Arsenal were post Wenger, mind.

Beat Utd in the final with a pretty poor Villarreal side didn't he? With Alberto bleeding Moreno as well....ha!  Think he might've also been the manager when we met them in the CL semi's not too long ago, taking Villarreal that far in the CL was some achievement. 

I'm pretty relaxed over the whole situation, they'll still be a lot of tears to be shed next month but I'm opting to stay positive. Whether it be RDZ, Emery, Zidane, Nagelsmann, Amorim or whoever I think we might just be ok......

......if not then we can always just take a leaf out the Chelsea playbook and sack every manager until we find the right 1 :)

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Binomial said:

Arsenal absolutely choked 4th when he was there, they had it in their grasp and they choked at home to Crystal Palace if i remember rightly. He was underwhelming at PSG. So that's two jobs where he's been expected to do something and ended up being sacked. Not a good record in the Champions League either. He's a good manager but he isn't top level.

17 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Like Bobby says above, that high line would worry me. I'm not sure we've got the legs in the squad for that any more. I'd favour someone who can evolve us tactically, a tinkerer if you will.

He’d adapt. He’s got Romero and Van Den Ve with legs. If he brought Van de Ven with him I’d be made up