You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

Well that is a shit thing to wake up to. 

Wonder of he ends up taking the Germany job after a break. 

Someone has obviously got hold of the story otherwise why release it now. 

Big thing now is Virg,Trent and Mo contracts need sorted without him. And clubs trying to pinch our players. 

Got to be Xabi for the job surely, especially if the coaching staff go aswell. 

4 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

I am old enough to remember what happened to Jock Stein . I am made up he will be our manager for another 5 months . Savour it . 

Yeah I think its got to be a party atmosphere at the stadiums rather than a solemn one. He needs a proper send off game by game.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He needs a proper send off game by game.

The thing that worries me about that is it's going to be phenomenally draining emotionally between now and the end of the season. Every win will be pumped up and any setback absolutely demoralising. We'll all be shattered come the summer.

It won't be impossible to find a good replacement - Paisley took over from Shanks - but the change of mood will take some getting used to. I'm hyper sceptical of any claims to charisma - it usually just serves as an analytical shrug of the shoulders - but Klopp's ability to charm the players, the club, and the whole red half of the city, and masses more scattered all over the world, has been truly astonishing. I doubt we'll ever see that kind of appeal ever again.

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

The thing that worries me about that is it's going to be phenomenally draining emotionally between now and the end of the season. Every win will be pumped up and any setback absolutely demoralising. We'll all be shattered come the summer.

I think it was ever gonna be thus. 

Good thing is he hasn't left the squad in an absolute state like Ferguson did whem he left the Mancs. The club is in good shape financially because of him, not the owners. 

I hope he hasn't had any health scare but you could see last year he was very short tempered especially in press conferences or interviews when he was getting asked snide questions. 

I hope he enjoys his money and travels so he gets his spark back as a person. I just hope he's alright.  He'd always be given a heroes welcome any time he turned up at Anfield. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Good thing is he hasn't left the squad in an absolute state like Ferguson did whem he left the Mancs. The club is in good shape financially because of him, not the owners. 

There will be a concern over some of them newer platers being pissed off and kicking off though. They signed on with Klopp thinking he would be here long term and he knew he would be off in November from them reports. Hopefully not but Szoboszlai and Mac Callister are probably a bit concerned. Now with Trent,Mo and Virg only having 12 months on their deals Hopefully they don't get their heads turned

35 minutes ago, Aventus said:

At least we have another few months to fully show our appreciation. 

Would have been upset if he just announced at the end of the season he was gone and that was it, suddenly no more Klopp. 

Exactly