You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton (A) - Sun 5th Nov 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Everyone knows that always the victim is about what Boris Johnson said about the vigil for Kenneth Bigley and then he went onto say about Liverpool fans causing the disaster and playing the victim when the Sun pointed it out. The first fanbase to start singing it were Man Utd who even printed copies of it out and brought it to the match at Anfield. They then sing "the Sun was right, you're murderers". Also the term self pity city was used against Liverpool as a whole. 

Yet you have all these fans now saying that it's about Suarez, its about never accepting refereeing decisions. I argued with an Evertonian recently who had drunkenly sung always the victim to his Liverpool supporting wife after the derby. He said its about moaning about refs. So if it is about refs why call the fans victims?

The Mancs who sing it say its about Heysel yet they sing "the Sun was right" yet the Sun never reported anything controversial about Heysel but they are famous for their article called the truth. Despite the inquests in 2016 the majority of fans who hate us refuse to acknowledge the result of the inquest and choose to continue to blame Liverpool fans who have been seen as whingers because they refused to accept the original verdict. This was even disproven by the Taylor report but everyone says "oh shut up about it/get on with it/no one talks about Heysel"

"It's about Suarez" - weird that considering your fans were singing it from 2005 holding up copies of the Sun and Suarez signed for Liverpool in 2011.

Leicester fans holding up copies of the Sun to our away and every time we played them. Yet that isn't about Hillsborough. Nope. 

Now you have all these tinpot clubs singing it because they know it will get a reaction and then the reaction is seen as an overreaction by Liverpool fans feeling sorry for themselves and wallowing in their victim status. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

When we won everything we still offered up chances down our right as we do now more frequently I believe. I just feel it is unnecessary especially now as we have far more attackers and forward thinking midfielders who are better suited to keeping the ball. Might just be me but I would go 4231 essentially 451 without the ball, we now have the players and we would not leave ourselves as open down our right.

I don't see that as any different if Trent is allowed to drift inside when we're in possession, what we have now is classed as 433 by most. We've had plenty of periods this season in games where we've been 442ish in possesion and looked great, with someone playing a real full back role. But that could be as much to do with the opposition being unprepared for it. 

I'd like to see a bit more urgency from Trent. He's slowed his game right down and not really for the better in terms of match changing contributions. Too much of his game right now seems to be just take the pace out of the game and he's always seemed at his best to me when he moves the ball quickly. 

• Upvote 1

Fuck everybody who isn't us.

This sort of shite is just one of the big reasons IMO that Ingerlund can fuck off too - all these cunts who throw shite at us like these nomarks support Ingerlund and then they want us to stand shoulder to shoulder with them doing same.....Fuck off and do one.

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't see that as any different if Trent is allowed to drift inside when we're in possession, what we have now is classed as 433 by most. We've had plenty of periods this season in games where we've been 442ish in possesion and looked great, with someone playing a real full back role. But that could be as much to do with the opposition being unprepared for it. 

I'd like to see a bit more urgency from Trent. He's slowed his game right down and not really for the better in terms of match changing contributions. Too much of his game right now seems to be just.tske the pace out of the game and he's always seemed at his best toe when he moves the ball quickly. 

A real fullback might be the way to go Baz.

The stuff about it being about Suarez is strange. Calling an entire fanbase victims because one player who played for their team said he was racially abused by a Liverpool player. Instead of going to court to disprove it the club chose to take punishment for it in October 2011. He was banned for 8 matches and fined. 

Suarez left the club in 2014, almost ten years ago and some of our own fans dislike him for trying to engineer a move to Arsenal then him being hell bent on moving to Barcelona. He then acted a cunt in the semi final against us when we won the CL 4 seasons ago. 

The club apologised to Evra for the players wearing t shirts before the Wigan game. So where do the fans act like victims over Suarez?

It's almost as if they are all nasty little shithouses who smirk to themselves and tell you you're overreacting. 

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Everyone knows that always the victim is about what Boris Johnson said about the vigil for Kenneth Bigley and then he went onto say about Liverpool fans causing the disaster and playing the victim when the Sun pointed it out. The first fanbase to start singing it were Man Utd who even printed copies of it out and brought it to the match at Anfield. They then sing "the Sun was right, you're murderers". Also the term self pity city was used against Liverpool as a whole. 

Yet you have all these fans now saying that it's about Suarez, its about never accepting refereeing decisions. I argued with an Evertonian recently who had drunkenly sung always the victim to his Liverpool supporting wife after the derby. He said its about moaning about refs. So if it is about refs why call the fans victims?

The Mancs who sing it say its about Heysel yet they sing "the Sun was right" yet the Sun never reported anything controversial about Heysel but they are famous for their article called the truth. Despite the inquests in 2016 the majority of fans who hate us refuse to acknowledge the result of the inquest and choose to continue to blame Liverpool fans who have been seen as whingers because they refused to accept the original verdict. This was even disproven by the Taylor report but everyone says "oh shut up about it/get on with it/no one talks about Heysel"

"It's about Suarez" - weird that considering your fans were singing it from 2005 holding up copies of the Sun and Suarez signed for Liverpool in 2011.

Leicester fans holding up copies of the Sun to our away and every time we played them. Yet that isn't about Hillsborough. Nope. 

Now you have all these tinpot clubs singing it because they know it will get a reaction and then the reaction is seen as an overreaction by Liverpool fans feeling sorry for themselves and wallowing in their victim status. 

spot on.

They know whats its about.

Ive heard morons saying its about VAR.

that mongrel who sings that to his wife, sounds like a monumental cunt.

55 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

The stuff about it being about Suarez is strange. Calling an entire fanbase victims because one player who played for their team said he was racially abused by a Liverpool player. Instead of going to court to disprove it the club chose to take punishment for it in October 2011. He was banned for 8 matches and fined. 

Suarez left the club in 2014, almost ten years ago and some of our own fans dislike him for trying to engineer a move to Arsenal then him being hell bent on moving to Barcelona. He then acted a cunt in the semi final against us when we won the CL 4 seasons ago. 

The club apologised to Evra for the players wearing t shirts before the Wigan game. So where do the fans act like victims over Suarez?

It's almost as if they are all nasty little shithouses who smirk to themselves and tell you you're overreacting. 

it began circa 2005.

did it take them 6 years to come up with the words?  

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

spot on.

They know whats its about.

Ive heard morons saying its about VAR.

that mongrel who sings that to his wife, sounds like a monumental cunt.

His Mrs kicked him out of the house for 2 nights. Told the kids it was because he was drunk and woke them up. 

There's a video of some ugly bitch singing it across the platform at Wembley after we beat them in the semi final 2 years ago then starts shouting "Hillsborough" to go with it. Everybody sings it because they know it gets a reaction. If it was just about refereeing decisions then no one would care or react. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

His Mrs kicked him out of the house for 2 nights. Told the kids it was because he was drunk and woke them up. 

There's a video of some ugly bitch singing it across the platform at Wembley after we beat them in the semi final 2 years ago then starts shouting "Hillsborough" to go with it. Everybody sings it because they know it gets a reaction. If it was just about refereeing decisions then no one would care or react. 

when johnson did that piece in the spectator he was talking about the city wallowing in victim status.

so how fucking thick do you have to be,to be a scouser to sing it?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

it began circa 2005.

did it take them 6 years to come up with the words?  

They also say that Liverpool fans sing about Munich at every game but never come up with any evidence of it despite every Liverpool - Man Utd game being live on TV and everyone having cameras on their phones. 

It was sung years ago I'll give them that but not for a very long time. Funny the way they never seem to be arsed about Man City singing it and were worried that the minutes silence for Bobby Charlton would be ruined by their fans at the derby last week. 

4 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

They also say that Liverpool fans sing about Munich at every game but never come up with any evidence of it despite every Liverpool - Man Utd game being live on TV and everyone having cameras on their phones. 

It was sung years ago I'll give them that but not for a very long time. Funny the way they never seem to be arsed about Man City singing it and were worried that the minutes silence for Bobby Charlton would be ruined by their fans at the derby last week. 

the only time I ever heard it at o/t was about 07 after 70 minutes of non stop shite from them.

4 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

A real fullback might be the way to go Baz.

If klopp wanted one of them, surely we'd have one. Regardless of if we like this hybrid thing, klopp and other managers around the league seem to think it's a great idea. This is one of them where I know it doesn't make sense to me - well certainly while I'm watching, but I'm backing that the likes of klopp, guardiola, arteta and de zebri know more and have more analysis to prove how this benefits the side. If it was impacting our results, we'd maybe have more to shout about. But that loss at spurs where we were cheated by the refs, is our only loss in what must be about 20 league games since we introduced it. 

• Upvote 1

Results tell us that the new Trent role is working most of the time but maybe we could switch it around a bit sometimes.  We looked more dangerous when Harvey gave us a bit of width and maybe Trent could have ventured wide right now and then rather than drifting to the left. 

44 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

If klopp wanted one of them, surely we'd have one. Regardless of if we like this hybrid thing, klopp and other managers around the league seem to think it's a great idea. This is one of them where I know it doesn't make sense to me - well certainly while I'm watching, but I'm backing that the likes of klopp, guardiola, arteta and de zebri know more and have more analysis to prove how this benefits the side. If it was impacting our results, we'd maybe have more to shout about. But that loss at spurs where we were cheated by the refs, is our only loss in what must be about 20 league games since we introduced it. 

True true.

36 minutes ago, aws said:

Results tell us that the new Trent role is working most of the time but maybe we could switch it around a bit sometimes.  We looked more dangerous when Harvey gave us a bit of width and maybe Trent could have ventured wide right now and then rather than drifting to the left. 

While I miss Trent getting down the flank, I think if we're wondering why we didn't get wide before Elliot came on we should be looking at Salah, Dom or klopp. Salah was pretty wide all game, but couldn't make an impact from out there. Dom probably had his worst game so far, inside or wide. So sure Trent could have helped, but if he didn't, it's because he's playing the game klopp is asking him to. We had players on the pitch would.coild have provided it, but just didn't. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

While I miss Trent getting down the flank, I think if we're wondering why we didn't get wide before Elliot came on we should be looking at Salah, Dom or klopp. Salah was pretty wide all game, but couldn't make an impact from out there. Dom probably had his worst game so far, inside or wide. So sure Trent could have helped, but if he didn't, it's because he's playing the game klopp is asking him to. We had players on the pitch would.coild have provided it, but just didn't. 

That’s fair comment. Our attack was toothless except for Nunez and then he fucked up with that sitter. 

• Upvote 1