You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2024 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Close the thread, disappointing again.

Better get ready for the summer, Beefy Boy.

There's a possible chain of events where the only departures will be out of contract players, Quansah keeps establishing himself, Bradley establishes himself and Endo keeps playing well. If all that happens, there will be a chance we do nothing in the summer as well.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Better get ready for the summer, Beefy Boy.

There's a possible chain of events where the only departures will be out of contract players, Quansah keeps establishing himself, Bradley establishes himself and Endo keeps playing well. If all that happens, there will be a chance we do nothing in the summer as well.

Possibly. If Matip doesn’t stay we will need a CB. Maybe a right sided attacker and loan Doak. 

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Possibly. If Matip doesn’t stay we will need a CB. Maybe a right sided attacker and loan Doak. 

In that scenario, Matip is replaced by Quansah, Gomez and him are 3rd and 4th choice CB and Bradley is backup right back. Even Big Sepp might factor in at CB.

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

In that scenario, Matip is replaced by Quansah, Gomez and him are 3rd and 4th choice CB and Bradley is backup right back. Even Big Sepp might factor in at CB.

I can still see us buying a CB maybe another versatile one. As for VDB he looks like horror actor Courtney Gains from Children of the Corn. Call him Malachi.

IMG_3697.jpeg

22 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

Yeah, seen that. Lyon are doing a good job of recruiting whilst they are doing really badly results wise. They're still attracting promising players.

From what I've heard of Orban, he looks like a classic rough diamond; creates a lot of danger, mostly with athleticism and capable of good stuff technically, but will look like a donkey a lot of the time until he learns more.

15 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Should have been sold in the summer

It's 10ml pissed up the wall so far

I find it difficult to believe how what was a problem that was supposed to be a relatively small op and that would see him back by pre season training has turned into a situation where post op where he hasn't played a minute or even made proper training in 9 months now.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Call him a cab because he won't be here.

He probably would have had a chance if it wasn't for the injury and if we were linked to a young bundesliga defender like him we wouldn't bat an eyelid. His age is now an issue in terms of registration but I wouldn't write him off quite yet.

Not that it helps Everton now, but that 10 point deduction has really changed behaviours in the premier league transfermarket (so far, still 2 weeks left). What's clear is that owners can no longer assume that breaking PSR rules will just be a fine or transfer ban, there are clear sporting punishments. I'm hoping they do the same thing with Forest because everyone could see what they were doing was ridiculous, and they did it expecting to fail but only receiving a financial penalty. 

The whole point of PSR was to get people to live within their means and grow revenue organically (harder for some than others which is where the fairness argument comes in and has some weight). You can clearly see clubs trying to trim squads and reduce wages and all of that is good for the game long term. 

• Upvote 1

I was fairly sympathetic towards them when they got the point deduction as I don't like off field issues affecting the league table, plus I have family who are bloos.

However, as time's gone on, the constant bleating, the finger pointing at everybody but themselves, the oh woe is me bullshit - I no longer give a shite.

Relegate them, kick the out of the cup competitions, give them a transfer ban.

In short, fuck em. You've made your dodgy bed, now lie in it you cheating cunts.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m certain we’ll buy a centre back in the summer.

I also think we’ll look to add to midfield and upfront. Fine tuning rather than dramatic changes. 

I reckon ;

a CB unless the prognosis on Matip is good and we give him another year 

a DM 

two right-sided attackers if Mo goes. 

22 hours ago, an tha said:

Last started for us on Feb 4th of last year v Wolves.

Came back briefly in Apr but never started....

Played 30, 5, 30 and 31 mins in 4 games - last of which was on 26th April.

Nothing since.

I think you underestimate what he'll bring for the rest of the season. If we can just get that same 30 minutes 3 times, he'll put this team on another trajectory. 

7 hours ago, an tha said:

I find it difficult to believe how what was a problem that was supposed to be a relatively small op and that would see him back by pre season training has turned into a situation where post op where he hasn't played a minute or even made proper training in 9 months now.

Sounds like he's had a hysterectomy 

56 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think you underestimate what he'll bring for the rest of the season. If we can just get that same 30 minutes 3 times, he'll put this team on another trajectory. 

We currently sit top - so what other trajectory do we want to be on? 

And how will he manage that playing just 3 times at 30 mins a pop from a position of not having played a competitive match in over 12 months? 

The only thing he’ll ‘bring for the rest of the reason’ is more medical bills, and hopefully a warning not to sign players hitting 30 from slow leagues in future.