You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - Sun 27th Aug 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

21 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I think he will be a great skipper but otherwise agree with everything else you have said.

I thought he was lazy to go that extra yards quickly yesterday to close down Isak. In fact I would say he is far too lazy and laid back in lots of similar instances, especially last season. 

He was split between the two attackers and had to hedge a bit. Thought carra was harsh calling it lazy, it's the lack of his old recovery pace that meant he felt he had to try and nip the ball away. He should have just gone shoulder to shoulder, isak would have dived but it wouldn't have been a foul. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

I know he has never been forgiven for turning out for the Mancs but Owen , on my match feed, nearly ran out of the studio with excitement when Nunes scored the winner. Les Ferdinand , on also , was very complimentary to us.

I don't have it in me to bear any grudge against Michael Owen. He's a great pundit too, always enjoy listening to his insight on strikers and finishing. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, dave u said:

I don't have it in me to bear any grudge against Michael Owen. He's a great pundit too, always enjoy listening to his insight on strikers and finishing. 

Yeah I should have added by some. He is always pro us and knowledgeable. Really enjoyed listening to him and Big Les , no bs just decent punditry.

41 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Newcastle now have some very good players. 

Thankfully, they also have a no-mark manager who players cowardly football that won't get the best out of them. 

Pope, Trippier, Botman, Guimares and Tonali are very good players. The rest of them are fucking bang average and why I think they will struggle when European football starts. 

Botman went off yesterday and they brought on Matt Targett and moved Burn to CB. Even if that Chelsea kid is a good left-back, they still have to choose between choosing Dan Burn or Lascelles to partner Fabian Schar at the back.

Their lineup at the end yesterday was:

Pope

Trippier Schar Burn Targett

Longstaff Guimares Anderson

Almiron Wilson Barnes.

That finishes bottom half, at best. 

2 hours ago, Barnesey said:

This goes down as one of my most favouritist away games.

Can't be arsed arguing VVD's red now - no point in appealing as there is a case. Upset with Shearer and Richards talking about Newcastle's chances - why didn't MOTD show a few? One Ali save and a good shot against the post. Fuck all else.

If TAA had gone for body check then they wouldn't have scored at all (one way of looking at it).

Fantastic scenes in away end will live in the memory for ever 

Enjoy again lad:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

Somebody was talking about how we are on top with 42 goals scored after 90+ mins and wondering how many of them were under Klopp.

From what I can gather, this is the list:

Alisson – WBA

Mane - Villa
Mane – Everton
Origi – Everton
Origi – Wolves
Lallana – Norwich
Carvalho – Newcastle
Nunez – Newcastle

Jota - Spurs
Firmino – Spurs
Klavan – Burnley

11 out of 42 under Klopp.

2 hours ago, gkmacca said:

And they're still not being consistent. Several players took ages to take a throw - no card, in spite of Trent getting one a couple of weeks ago. Obstructing free kicks being taken - several quite blatant examples, none carded. Once again - unless refs show consistency, they can't complain about being criticised (and yet they do).

When they first announced this rule I had a premonition (because I've got a psychic gift, or something) of a few months of refs flinging cards around erratically and ruining matches, fans and media getting sick of it, then the whole thing being "subject to new guidance" (i.e. dropped) halfway through the season.

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

I know he has never been forgiven for turning out for the Mancs but Owen , on my match feed, nearly ran out of the studio with excitement when Nunes scored the winner. Les Ferdinand , on also , was very complimentary to us.

I imagine Les appreciated the big centre forward doing exactly what a big centre forward should do.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Les Ferdinand.  He was a quality player and never comes across as a twat.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Somebody was talking about how we are on top with 42 goals scored after 90+ mins and wondering how many of them were under Klopp.

Alisson – WBA

Mane - Villa
Mane – Everton
Origi – Everton
Origi – Wolves
Lallana – Norwich
Carvalho – Newcastle
Nunez – Newcastle

Jota - Spurs
Firmino – Spurs
Klavan – Burnley

maxresdefault (1).jpg

16 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Alisson – WBA

Mane - Villa
Mane – Everton
Origi – Everton
Origi – Wolves
Lallana – Norwich
Carvalho – Newcastle
Nunez – Newcastle

Jota - Spurs
Firmino – Spurs
Klavan – Burnley

Cheers, that was me wondering. Out of rep at the moment. 

Also, Milner penalty on 95 minutes against Leicester in 2019. 

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Benteke penalty away at Palace was 96 mins or so....

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Salah at home v Tottenham in 2018 in that 2-2 draw was another 

It's a phenomenal legacy under Klopp. There were a few in Europe too. Dortmund and PSG spring to mind.