You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Just watched the highlights- the commentator starts with, 'St James' Park is special on nights like this'.

How do they know? They haven't been in European competition in over a decade and the Champions League for nearly 20 years, and they've never got out of the group stages at all.

Seen a fair few promotion and relegation clashes to be fair. 

14 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Just watched the highlights- the commentator starts with, 'St James' Park is special on nights like this'.

How do they know? They haven't been in European competition in over a decade and the Champions League for nearly 20 years, and they've never got out of the group stages at all.

Commentators are just below politicians on the list of insufferable cunts.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I think so too

18 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Don’t know what Mudface is going on about though.

This whole St James Park atmosphere is pissing me off. Flags bought by the owners to make them a more appealing brand, a fan base pissed up after winning the lottery etc. It’s never been the worst atmosphere but like Palace, it’s all manufactured bollocks. Even old Trafford with its singing section ffs. 

They’ll never produce an atmosphere that you get at Anfield, Parkhead, Ibrox etc. 

25 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Good to see something's haven't changed.

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This whole St James Park atmosphere is pissing me off. Flags bought by the owners to make them a more appealing brand, a fan base pissed up after winning the lottery etc. It’s never been the worst atmosphere but like Palace, it’s all manufactured bollocks. Even old Trafford with its singing section ffs. 

They’ll never produce an atmosphere that you get at Anfield, Parkhead, Ibrox etc. 

I read a piece in the guardian where they claimed the flags are all paid for by the fans. The Newcastle fans were particularly sensitive to that so maybe its true. I'd compare their atmosphere to Goodison, it can be amazing but everyone in the ground and on the pitch knows it could turn 180 in about 2 minutes.

2 hours ago, No2 said:

I read a piece in the guardian where they claimed the flags are all paid for by the fans. The Newcastle fans were particularly sensitive to that so maybe its true. I'd compare their atmosphere to Goodison, it can be amazing but everyone in the ground and on the pitch knows it could turn 180 in about 2 minutes.

Really? That's a lot of flags and cost for them to all of a sudden do that. They seem to have. huge different one every home game. Maybe they should buy some bloody clothes instead. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, No2 said:

I was told something similar on an Athletic article comments that it’s all paid for by a fans group called Wor Flags, who have allegedly turned down offers from the clubs to assist. 

They got very tetchy when I suggested  that it was an amazing coincidence that the flags coincided with the Saudi’s arrival…

6 hours ago, Code said:

Joe Willock was their best player last season, he’s not played more than a few games this season because of injury. 

I know you like your stats. He is an attacking midfielder and he got 3 goals, 6 assists. If everyone is fit, he doesn’t start for them

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Read that Union go into the Conference after coming 3rd in our group, so do the teams coming 3rd in the conference go into the FA Sunday Cup with the Fantail and whoever ?

If you mean the one in Westvale in Kirkby, that made me smile, two old college mates used to work there back in the early 90's, one of them was best man at my wedding.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

If you mean the one in Westvale in Kirkby, that made me smile, two old college mates used to work there back in the early 90's, one of them was best man at my wedding.

Yes. They had a cracking Sunday League team for donkeys years. 

Rough pub, like.