You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Arsenal - 9 April at 16.30

Anubis

3 hours ago, KMD7 said:

We're going to win. Arsenal will shit themselves especially after City winning today 

Their 'squeaky bum time' starts at possibly their worst-performed stadium, a day after their nearest challengers boosted their potentially critical GD in a comfortable win. 

Liverpool (A)

West Ham (A)

Southampton (H)

Man City (A)

Chelsea (H)

Newcastle (A)

BHA (H)

If they are still top after that cunt of a run, they deserve to be champions. Though it is ironic that a classic Arsenal capitulation in Europe may benefit their title challenge. 

11 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Something to boil the piss of the negative ninnies.

Screenshot_2023-04-08-18-43-02-48_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

If you compare the line ups from 2018 and 2019 we’re still starting with 8 or 9 of the same players. Arsenal are still using 0 or 1.

Not sure why people are surprised by Arsenal’s progress this year. They’ve been building a team for 3 years. As have most other teams around us, we’ve just been stood still telling everyone how clever we are.

I heard the Echo podcast last night - Paul Gorst was saying how Arsenal fans rise above the toxic chants and prefer to sing about their own team. What bizarro world has he been inhabiting? They're some of the most noxious fans around, they hardly ever sing about their own team, they're forever goading opposition fans, and the 'sign on/same old Scousers' chants, along with the ghastly stuff, goes on from start to finish. A truly contemptible bunch of smug, entitled and ignorant wankers.

4 hours ago, Original202 said:

I They’ve been building a team for 3 years. 

That's a bit generous. What they've been doing is trying out a succession of kids for about six years or more, without much confidence or coherence, until they've more stumbled than settled on a combination that works.

27 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I heard the Echo podcast last night - Paul Gorst was saying how Arsenal fans rise above the toxic chants and prefer to sing about their own team. What bizarro world has he been inhabiting? They're some of the most noxious fans around, they hardly ever sing about their own team, they're forever goading opposition fans, and the 'sign on/same old Scousers' chants, along with the ghastly stuff, goes on from start to finish. A truly contemptible bunch of smug, entitled and ignorant wankers.

Not sure I've ever heard them sing always the victim though. I might be wrong, but as much as I find Arsenal fans to be far more smug and cocky than they have a right to be, I don't have them in the same bracket as most other fans. As I say though, I might be wrong.

Something to listen out for today anyway.

5 hours ago, Original202 said:

If you compare the line ups from 2018 and 2019 we’re still starting with 8 or 9 of the same players. Arsenal are still using 0 or 1.

Not sure why people are surprised by Arsenal’s progress this year. They’ve been building a team for 3 years. As have most other teams around us, we’ve just been stood still telling everyone how clever we are.

Interesting stance considering this team was so close to a quadruple all of a season ago...

These Arsenal players have won roughly half of what this Liverpool bunch did in a season of 'standing still'. They've done well to this point, but the real pointy end of the season starts this afternoon at Anfield. 

10 minutes ago, dave u said:

Not sure I've ever heard them sing always the victim though. I might be wrong, but as much as I find Arsenal fans to be far more smug and cocky than they have a right to be, I don't have them in the same bracket as most other fans. As I say though, I might be wrong.

Something to listen out for today anyway.

I used to quite like arsenal fans till they moved ground. We always had a great laugh at Highbury and they were really welcoming in the pubs around. I'm sure you could find trouble if you were looking for it, but we mostly looked for a pint. Then the whole atmosphere seemed to change when they got to the new stadium and they just got arrogant and completely obnoxious. I wouldn't thank you for a ticket there now, although it has to be said I feel that way about an awful lot of places. 

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

A fair edit in full

Probably a bit harsh, but he is a fucking sicknote!

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Apparently Nunez not on the team walk from the hotel this morning. 

If that's another injury they've seriously got to start looking to our training and recovery methods! Was he out this often at Benfica?

4 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Nunez is another sick note 

He has only actually missed 3 games with injury in league.

All single game absences.

Started 17

Subbed in 5

Injured 3

Suspended 3

The issue with him though seems to be that he is linked to a problem regularly - rarely plays 90 mins - has actually even with all those appearances only played 58% of our minutes - you do get feeling he is being nursed somewhat - hopefully will not be case so much next season.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

He has only actually missed 3 games with injury in league.

All single game absences.

Started 17

Subbed in 5

Injured 3

Suspended 3

The issue with him though seems to be that he is linked to a problem regularly - rarely plays 90 mins - has actually even with all those appearances only played 58% of our minutes - you do get feeling he is being nursed somewhat - hopefully will not be case so much next season.

Interestingly in benfica he played in 85 games with 5550 minutes, so only 65 mins per game. 

Liverpool squad spotted pre-match:

Alisson, Kelleher, Adrian

Van Dijk, Konate, Gomez, Matip, Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Tsimikas

Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Milner, Elliott

Jones

Salah, Gakpo, Jota, Firmino

Looks from that like Nunez is out as no Diaz in that list either and we know he isn't playing....

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think that was before he came to Europe. 

Ah fair do's

That actually makes it a bit more concerning then that he only averaged that at Benfica and so far here albeit a small sample the pattern is same maybe worse.