You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Sun 5th Mar 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Been supporting the reds since 1988, in all that time both teams have both been good at the same time just once. I think 08/09 is the only 1st/2nd finish in all that time.

I look at both of these teams now and neither are great but in terms or becoming great we are a lot closer. I do think we will win 2 nil again and finish 15 points ahead of them next season.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, No2 said:

Been supporting the reds since 1988, in all that time both teams have both been good at the same time just once. I think 08/09 is the only 1st/2nd finish in all that time.

I look at both of these teams now and neither are great but in terms or becoming great we are a lot closer. I do think we will win 2 nil again and finish 15 points ahead of them next season.

Love that optimism. 

The biggest threat to that is the shallow pockets of FSG. Being the pessimist I am I fear another 'sell to buy' pre season,and now our saleable on pitch assets are pretty minimal in comparison to the past. 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I mentioned in another thread that I turned down a couple of corporate tickets for this as I couldn't bear being around business clients if we were to lose and I'm not sure I'd act in a professional manner if we won.

I'd gotten quite used to not being worried about these games, now I'm dreading it, hate these horrible twats.

Small game beaut.

I'm hugely pessimistic about this one for the firs time in ages given our shitness and their run of form but for the love of god I hope we get these dickheads beat, once again just opened the BBC sports page to the now 3 or 4 daily articles wanking them off including a whole article today highlighting Klopp talking Rashford/United up in his presser(and it being tagged 'Liverpool' related).

5 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I mentioned in another thread that I turned down a couple of corporate tickets for this as I couldn't bear being around business clients if we were to lose and I'm not sure I'd act in a professional manner if we won.

I'd gotten quite used to not being worried about these games, now I'm dreading it, hate these horrible twats.

It’s when we’re losing that my behaviour has been quite unacceptable over the years. I’ve fallen out with many people during these games as my nerves are shot to fuck, combined with the heart break and commentary wank fest that often accompanies those defeats. I’m much calmer these days. Haven’t verbally abused any strangers for ages.

The only way we get the better of Fernandes and Casemerio is for Fabinho to find top form. Although I can see them trying to get him booked early with lots of imaginary card waving from the rat face one especially       

7 hours ago, No2 said:

It is amazing how the two biggest and most successful clubs in the land have never really gone head to head much down the years in terms of being at best at same time.

70's was no different really.

28 minutes ago, an tha said:

It is amazing how the two biggest and most successful clubs in the land have never really gone head to head much down the years in terms of being at best at same time.

70's was no different really.

And we've only drawn each other in Europe that one time.

I don’t necessarily get the “their style doesn’t suit us”.

Is that based on Rashford getting in behind Trent or something else? 

If Ibou, Trent & Hendo can limit the balls to Rashford (I can’t see him playing centre forward), that closes down their threat massively.

As he to every game at the moment, Nunez is key. Although I think I’d rather see him at #9, I think he can get joy from whoever they play at right back.

Defend well and we have a great chance to win this.

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He's proper smelling himself Mr charisma isn't he.

Quite possibly the least charismatic coach of recent years.

In a few years, we’ll be calling him the same names we use to describe Passive Egg-ressive Pep. 

Which given he learnt from King Bald Sissy Weirdo at Bayern, is no surprise. 

4 hours ago, Reckoner said:

It’s when we’re losing that my behaviour has been quite unacceptable over the years. I’ve fallen out with many people during these games as my nerves are shot to fuck, combined with the heart break and commentary wank fest that often accompanies those defeats. I’m much calmer these days. Haven’t verbally abused any strangers for ages.

I can handle defeats at Old Trafford to an extent (we've become so accustomed to them) but the home defeats have seen me do some bad shit over the years. Getting barred from pubs, not turning up to my bird's 21st birthday party and storming out of places & going to my bed for three days with the curtains shut amongst them.

I'm hoping I've grown up a bit since then, having kids & stuff helps.

I'm praying we can do them on Sunday though, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t necessarily get the “their style doesn’t suit us”.

Is that based on Rashford getting in behind Trent or something else? 

If Ibou, Trent & Hendo can limit the balls to Rashford (I can’t see him playing centre forward), that closes down their threat massively.

As he to every game at the moment, Nunez is key. Although I think I’d rather see him at #9, I think he can get joy from whoever they play at right back.

Defend well and we have a great chance to win this.

For me it is about them being well organised and counter attacking with pace.

A lot of teams have styles which don't suit us at the moment.

If we show a bit of fight & grit to win the battles then we're half way there, this has been missing in our performances far too much since August.

I expected fight and grit the last time we played them, really thought at the time these fuckers will at least get us to show more fight and we put in the most lethargic uncaring performance we possibly could it was horrible because its like we weren't arsed, we just fell to our knees and accepted being outfought. I think the Everton game around the same time was similar too.

It's so hard to expect us to at least scrap because this season has shown us we mostly won't. We play at our best and they play at their best we beat them easily but 100 percent we won't be anywhere near our best so it's a case of grinding it out, I think that makes them favourites.

40 minutes ago, Mook said:

A lot of teams have styles which don't suit us at the moment.

If we show a bit of fight & grit to win the battles then we're half way there, this has been missing in our performances far too much since August.

I don't think we lack grit and fight a such - it is more we aren't physically capable of winning the fights often enough or sustaining it as fight wears on.

To use a boxing analogy we can't get our punches off enough and we get hit often as too slow to block or slip.

All down to a lack of mobility, physicality, legs, engines etc in crucial battles.

The intention is there, the mind is mostly willing but the legs etc just can't do what want to/used to.