You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can We Just Stop and Think About This for a Moment?

Jurgen Knows

17 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is an Arab Muslim, if he is true he would chuck him off the nearest high rise.

Let's get back to the beginning - quote a few posts from the World Cup thread that inflamed you enough to begin this pilgrimage my Angry Arab Amigo.

Nah, he’d just try to ‘cure’ him.

18 hours ago, Jurgen Knows said:

It is very simple.

Do you think the level of focus on human rights issues was the same for Qatar 2022 as it was for Russia 2018? I certainly don’t. 

I think that variance is driven by cultural bigotry rather than concern for human rights.

You disagree with my view? No problem. I don’t expect you to agree. Say what you think and ignore me. Why do you find it hard to do that?

The level of focus on human rights issues are obviously more for Qatar than Russia as the human rights issues are alot worse in Qatar IMO. Also there is probably more posters now than 4 years ago so maybe a reason it seems to you it is being focused on more.

I also have been reading this forum for over a decade and rarely post. I felt the need to reply to you JK as I have been reading the thread and interested in your responses to the repeatedly asked questions by TheHowieLama and Bjornebye. Seems strange you avoiding replying! 

• Upvote 1

On 04/12/2022 at 21:05, Jurgen Knows said:

Oh alright … so there are human rights issues that are less relevant than others … very interesting … can you explain to me what makes Russia’s human rights issues in 2018 less worthy of a vicious hate campaign? What criteria have you used? 

Here they are:

https://www.hrw.org/world-report/2018/country-chapters/russia

I eagerly anticipate your answer. We may be well into something here.

31 minutes ago, cracko said:

I also have been reading this forum for over a decade and rarely post. I felt the need to reply to you JK as I have been reading the thread and interested in your responses to the repeatedly asked questions by TheHowieLama and Bjornebye. Seems strange you avoiding replying! 

I have not responded to a lot of questions that were either irrelevant to the discussion or childish attempts at ridicule. Ask a question that is relevant to the point I raised (double standards) and I will be happy to answer you. Googling a human rights issue in the Middle East and throwing it at me for comment is irrelevant because I am not arguing that the Middle East is free of human rights issues here. I have actually criticized some issues myself. 

4 minutes ago, Harrison Booth said:

Today's news is about paying people to do or say nice things for Qatar. People who hold positions of importance that should be above that. I hope you're getting paid well because everyone else is.

I am a horrible little man. We have already covered that.

Happy to hear your views about the double standards.