You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Napoli (A) - CL, Wed 7th Sep 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

On 05/09/2022 at 17:55, Scott_M said:

For the bed wetter’s on the forum, if we do get beat on Wednesday (and I sincerely hope we don’t), I’d like to point out in advance we’ve lost early group stage fixtures in Naples before and gone on to 2 finals. 

Apparently Klopp got to the final with Dortmund as well after playing Napoli. 

It’s quite clear we’ve won it this year already. 

I don't think there's anything disgraceful about the actual question, what's disgraceful is that it isn't persistently directed towards the Italian authorities & UEFA rather than Jurgen Klopp.

Can you imagine the fuss if Italian supporters were coming to Liverpool every season and getting stabbed or attacked & warned not to go out alone.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Mook said:

I don't think there's anything disgraceful about the actual question, what's disgraceful is that it isn't persistently directed towards the Italian authorities & UEFA rather than Jurgen Klopp.

Can you imagine the fuss if Italian supporters were coming to Liverpool every season and getting stabbed or attacked & warned not to go out alone.

It has been going on for 40 years and it doesn't get talked about. The journalist asking that question should be asking the Italian police or the mayor why it isn't safe. 

Loads of other fans have been attacked in Italy. The Mancs got battered inside and out of the Olympic Stadium in Rome. Boro, Arsenal and Spurs fans have all been attacked around the Olimpico and held hostage in city centre bars. 

Napoli fans caused shit in that Europa League game attacking people in Stanley Park and Everton fans were attacked by Atalanta and Fiorentina fans. 

It seems the only mildly sane fans in Italy are the two Milan clubs. Even then some of our fans were targeted in the two games last year.

7 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

It has been going on for 40 years and it doesn't get talked about. The journalist asking that question should be asking the Italian police or the mayor why it isn't safe. 

Loads of other fans have been attacked in Italy. The Mancs got battered inside and out of the Olympic Stadium in Rome. Boro, Arsenal and Spurs fans have all been attacked around the Olimpico and held hostage in city centre bars. 

Napoli fans caused shit in that Europa League game attacking people in Stanley Park and Everton fans were attacked by Atalanta and Fiorentina fans. 

It seems the only mildly sane fans in Italy are the two Milan clubs. Even then some of our fans were targeted in the two games last year.

A two year ban from all European competitions might help sort it out a bit.

32 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

A few lads I know went to Napoli in, I think, 2018.

There hotel was next to a bar. As they were early to check-in, they went for a few drinks in the bar beforehand.

When it got to check-in, they didn’t need all of them, so a 2/3 checked-in and 3/4 stayed in the bar.

When the lads who checked in came back 10/15 mins later,  the bar had been turned over and the lads who stayed had been attacked with belts & bottles, left bloodied and bruised. 

The lad thinks it was a tip off from the bar or somebody had been watching them, as soon as the group got slightly smaller, they were jumped. 

I was threatened in Rome in 2001.

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

A few lads I know went to Napoli in, I think, 2018.

There hotel was next to a bar. As they were early to check-in, they went for a few drinks in the bar beforehand.

When it got to check-in, they didn’t need all of them, so a 2/3 checked-in and 3/4 stayed in the bar.

When the lads who checked in came back 10/15 mins later,  the bar had been turned over and the lads who stayed had been attacked with belts & bottles, left bloodied and bruised. 

The lad thinks it was a tip off from the bar or somebody had been watching them, as soon as the group got slightly smaller, they were jumped. 

I was threatened in Rome in 2001.

Not like the Italians to act cowardly, is it? 

• Upvote 1