You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

18 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

I was replying to the statement that they just kept breaking transfer records. They really didn't as shown by the list you just wrote.

Vidic and Evra were some of the shrewdest transfers in recent history. Van Persie won them the league and it cost them 20 mil.

Yeah that Van Persie signing was a shrewd as any I've seen in the PL. 

46 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

FSG would tell us that we can't get the four additions required until the summer but fear not, here's Louis Tully to tide you over.

Or that the club are still paying off the damage to the Sedgwick Hotel despite gaining record revenues from all the ghosts appearing. 

8 hours ago, razor said:

Mate, I've got a feeling they're going to have to write the word in brackets after the number just to show it's not a typo!

In the long run, we need to step back, not panic and regroup.  In the short term a change of formation is a necessity.  Let's play our way back into the season.  But at this rate there's going to be some very unpalatable results coming our way.

Liverpool will not lose to City.

City are excellent, but commentators and journalists everywhere seem to be going into overdrive on the strength of them putting six past an awful Manchester United side. I'm not sure that's the best metric of anything these days. We should have put worse beatings on them twice last season than our aggregate 9-0 scoreline. 

11 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'll have two if whatever you've been drinking. It'll be an absolute massacre, Rorke's Drift will look like a day at the beach in comparison.

Could be worth a bit of money on Vigo the Carpathian to score a double hat-trick!

Rorke's Drift was a draw, according to the move "Zulu". This one will be more like the movie "Zulu Dawn".

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'll have two if whatever you've been drinking. It'll be an absolute massacre, Rorke's Drift will look like a day at the beach in comparison.

Could be worth a bit of money on Vigo the Carpathian to score a double hat-trick!

As booze is a known depressant - and judging by your posts - I'm guessing you're an alcoholic. Fuck knows how you survived the Hodgson era.

7 minutes ago, torahboy said:

As booze is a known depressant - and judging by your posts - I'm guessing you're an alcoholic. Fuck knows how you survived the Hodgson era.

I haven't got time to be alcoholic. I'm a lightweight on the booze anyway, more than 2 pints these days and I'm practically comatose.

Hodgson only lasted 6 months mate, fucking breeze!