You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

I think for anyone who wants Ten Hag still in charge for the Anfield game next month, yesterday’s win was pretty important.

Looking at their fixtures, there’s probably still no guarantee of that  though. They play Copenhagen and Luton next but I reckon Everton will beat them at Goodison and they play Chelsea and Newcastle along with Galatasaray and Bayern before us.

One thing’s for sure - it will be an enjoyable period to watch. 

From Fowler's column in the Sunday Mirror today.

"Manchester United is a business. A multi-billion business. I did an interview with Jurgen Klopp a few years ago, and we spoke about him being approached by United. He told me he’d had an ‘interview’ of sorts. But it left him cold, because they talked all about business, and not about football. That wasn’t for Klopp, he turned them down flat, but it is what United are all about."

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Just seen the score hahahahaha

That's a great feeling. When you've forgotten they were playing and you suddenly remember and check the score. That unavoidable outburst of laughter is superb. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, suzy said:

I saw the score at 3-2 to United so made up this morning to see they lost! Brilliant.

And by the BBC report you’d think it was an injustice, so they’re not even getting much stick.

And the word of Paul Scholes is now the gospel with regard to what is and what isn’t a bad tackle. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Bob said:

And by the BBC report you’d think it was an injustice, so they’re not even getting much stick.

And the word of Paul Scholes is now the gospel with regard to what is and what isn’t a bad tackle. 

Never mind, the longer Ten Hag is in the job the better!

Just watched the highlights from lasy night.  They are comically bad. 

That Onana is fucking shite. I know De Gea had his detractors but he's head and shoulders above this lad. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tenfolder said:

The added bonus is they feel hard done by due to a supposedly dodgy red for Rashford(ive not seen it so no clue), means ETH has his get out of jail card sorted for another week at least.

I've just seen it on the BBC where they described it as "controversial". He just steps right away from the ball and slams his stud above the ankle of the Copenhagen player (I assume in a bid to shield the ball), which the way it bent, is lucky wasn't a broken leg. It's as easy a red as there should be with VAR and one of the examples of exactly why VAR exists. 

• Upvote 2

Working in Manchester today. Love it when I'm making a coffee and can hear their fans crying the blues to each other.

The other season I was working with a lad, never mentioned football not a fucking peep. When we were shit last year and they were doing better he suddenly doesn't shut the fuck up about them.

Made it all the sweeter when we beat them 7 nil.

• Upvote 4

Watching Harry Maguire languidly 'controlling' things at the back last night was hilarious. A relic of a bygone era and a poster boy for everything that is modern Manchester United. I particularly enjoyed 7 Hag's constipated face when they first equalised, then got the winner.