You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

41 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

This cunt will finally be the answer to the question “Who the fuck are they crossing it too?” I ask every time we’re struggling to break a team down. I’ll still miss Mane’s little head diving up like a salmon as he heads in against a 6”4 defender.

Probably stop crossing it now!

3 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

This cunt will finally be the answer to the question “Who the fuck are they crossing it too?” I ask every time we’re struggling to break a team down. I’ll still miss Mane’s little head diving up like a salmon as he heads in against a 6”4 defender.

Hendos floaty crosses might finally have a point to them

Just now, Hank Moody said:

Did he play today, and if he did was he any good?

He played for about 25mins. Made some decent runs but not quite on the wavelength of his teammates as yet. Tried maybe a little too hard at times, he just needs to let it happen, which it will if he’s given a bit of time. We might not have an instant hit on our hands here, but he’ll get there I’m sure. 

• Upvote 1

Incredible the amount of shite being written online about this lad after about an hour of footy spread across two training games.

I really miss the old days when you had no coverage of pre season games and the first you saw of new players was the charity shield or the start of the season....nowadays pre season games are dissected and talked about like proper games and the judgements made from them quite staggering.

Really one for the shitness of modern football....as is the absolutely ridiculous shite to appease sponsors of trophies being handed out for shite like today.

• Upvote 13

In all seriousness though, he's technically raw but the way to use him is not opposite to what we do. We've seen it already, the service to him is early, it's in the channels, it's direct. If he struggles, pundits and opposing fans will try to big brain it and say he's some big change to how we've played in the past and he doesn't fit the style blah blah blah, and it won't really be true. 

1 hour ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Got a bad feeling in my ball sack tbh and not just cause he’s a Lampiões fuck. The last player we got from those kiddy fiddling cunts was probably our worst ever signing. Maybe he’ll out do Lazar. 

Lazar is supposedly signing for Sydney FC, still only 27. Not a great career sign.

I'm actually really pissed off at the coverage he's getting from little virgins on twitter after 30 mins of pre season footy. I've no doubts about him, just let him breathe and develop. Feels like there's a desperation from other teams fans to see him fail

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, etho said:

I'm actually really pissed off at the coverage he's getting from little virgins on twitter after 30 mins of pre season footy. I've no doubts about him, just let him breathe and develop. Feels like there's a desperation from other teams fans to see him fail

30 years ago he would've missed a sitter away to Tranmere, 3,000 people would've seen it & it would have been a footnote in an Echo match report.

Now, it's all over the internet & he's the biggest flop in the history of fucking Football. It's embarrassing.

My real issue with it is some of it will clearly get back to the team & Nunez & it might start to eat away at him a bit. I think he'll be great for us regardless but I'm really hoping he hits the ground running, when the competitive games start.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Mook said:

30 years ago he would've missed a sitter away to Tranmere, 3,000 people would've seen it & it would have been a footnote in an Echo match report.

Now, it's all over the internet & he's the biggest flop in the history of fucking Football. It's embarrassing.

My real issue with it is some of it will clearly get back to the team & Nunez & it might start to eat away at him a bit. I think he'll be great for us regardless but I'm really hoping he hits the ground running, when the competitive games start.

Is fucking right.

It is fucking ridiculous - best way to shove it all down the throats of the fucking weapons coming out with the shite is to hit the ground running when the season starts - really, really hope the lad does exactly that.

11 hours ago, an tha said:

Incredible the amount of shite being written online about this lad after about an hour of footy spread across two training games.

I really miss the old days when you had no coverage of pre season games and the first you saw of new players was the charity shield or the start of the season....nowadays pre season games are dissected and talked about like proper games and the judgements made from them quite staggering.

Really one for the shitness of modern football....as is the absolutely ridiculous shite to appease sponsors of trophies being handed out for shite like today.

I've avoided this thread up to now as all I knew about him coming in was his performances against us and he has barely played so far and is doing so with blisters on his feet. So I didn't think there was really anything to discuss. Then I got one of these news flash things off the echo about klopp defending him from criticism. What the fuck is that about? What type of dickhead is slating him at this point? 

As for his performance, I thought he looked ok. He once or twice linked well with Salah, I especially liked Salah playing to his feet and running off him looking for the return ball. A couple of times he made good runs in behind but the pass went as if he'd arched his run the other way, but that's just him getting to know his team mates and vice versa. He did have an almost airshot at some point, but I'm pretty sure the cross deflected. 

I can't even imagine how he is getting questioned when he hasn't even done 90 mins in preseason. I recall when we first signed Salah I was at a preseason game at Wigan. Everyone was trying to set him up and eventually he got a 2 yard tap in. Maybe because of the social media blerts, we will need a bit of that. But it's fucking mental to be thinking that way. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've avoided this thread up to now as all I knew about him coming in was his performances against us and he has barely played so far and is doing so with blisters on his feet. So I didn't think there was really anything to discuss. Then I got one of these news flash things off the echo about klopp defending him from criticism. What the fuck is that about? What type of dickhead is slating him at this point? 

As for his performance, I thought he looked ok. He once or twice linked well with Salah, I especially liked Salah playing to his feet and running off him looking for the return ball. A couple of times he made good runs in behind but the pass went as if he'd arched his run the other way, but that's just him getting to know his team mates and vice versa. He did have an almost airshot at some point, but I'm pretty sure the cross deflected. 

I can't even imagine how he is getting questioned when he hasn't even done 90 mins in preseason. I recall when we first signed Salah I was at a preseason game at Wigan. Everyone was trying to set him up and eventually he got a 2 yard tap in. Maybe because of the social media blerts, we will need a bit of that. But it's fucking mental to be thinking that way. 

It is fucking ridiculous.

Sadly one for the shitness of modern football.

• Upvote 1

Fucking hell fact the lad feels he has had to repsond to the shite is a sad reflection on the whole situation.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/darwin-nunez-responds-to-criticism-after-underwhelming-start-20220716.amp.html

Great he says it i suppose, but fucking hell he really should not need to after 60 mins spread across two meaningless training games.

Modern fucking football is so fucking shite 

• Upvote 1