You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

I enjoyed that little bit of business against Villa, where Mo feinted to run for the ball, but (knowing he was offside) left it, secure in the knowledge that Nuñez would collect it and do good things with it.  It suggests that him and his teammates are starting to properly understand and trust each other.

On 09/09/2023 at 21:45, John102 said:

The disrespect

Based on goals alone, on the face of it Darwin is just below, or around the six players ahead of him on the list above. 

Toney 66 games 32 goals 2.06gpg

Son 272 games 102 goals 2.57gpg

Jesus 28 games 12 goals 2.67gpg

Watkins 113 games 40goals 2.8gpg

Isak 35 games 12 goals 2.92gpg

Nunez 34 games 11 goals 3.1gpg

Alvarez 35 games 11 goals 3.18gpg

Son has longevity in the Premier League and deserves to be at the top of this list.

Toney is a 1 in 2 striker in the league so deserves respect but take away the 11 penalties and it is 1 in 3. 

I like Alvarez and he has a World Cup medal. If we are measuring him as a striker though and scoring goals, his gpg ratio is slightly worse than our man. His 11 goals in 1900 minutes is worse than Nunez's 11 in 1840. 

Jesus has improved his goals to game ratio since he moved to Arsenal and started playing more up front but Darwin has played a lot on the wing here and doesn't get the same leeway. 

All the others are in and around the 1 goal in 3 games mark. However, none of them have the goals per minutes ratio that Nunez has. It is up to him (and the manager) to get game time on the pitch and bump up the stats. He may even satisfy Bothroyd then. 

8 hours ago, Razoray said:

Based on goals alone, on the face of it Darwin is just below, or around the six players ahead of him on the list above. 

Toney 66 games 32 goals 2.06gpg

Son 272 games 102 goals 2.57gpg

Jesus 28 games 12 goals 2.67gpg

Watkins 113 games 40goals 2.8gpg

Isak 35 games 12 goals 2.92gpg

Nunez 34 games 11 goals 3.1gpg

Alvarez 35 games 11 goals 3.18gpg

Son has longevity in the Premier League and deserves to be at the top of this list.

Toney is a 1 in 2 striker in the league so deserves respect but take away the 11 penalties and it is 1 in 3. 

I like Alvarez and he has a World Cup medal. If we are measuring him as a striker though and scoring goals, his gpg ratio is slightly worse than our man. His 11 goals in 1900 minutes is worse than Nunez's 11 in 1840. 

Jesus has improved his goals to game ratio since he moved to Arsenal and started playing more up front but Darwin has played a lot on the wing here and doesn't get the same leeway. 

All the others are in and around the 1 goal in 3 games mark. However, none of them have the goals per minutes ratio that Nunez has. It is up to him (and the manager) to get game time on the pitch and bump up the stats. He may even satisfy Bothroyd then. 

Better stat for Nunez considering how many of his games are actually 90 mins

1 goal every 167 mins. No pens or freekicks either

• Upvote 1

On 23/09/2023 at 13:34, Reckoner said:

The ‘Nunez Nunez’ chant is shite. Whiff of England fans singing ‘Roooney Roooney ‘.

Change my mind.

I went past a pub near the ground today and someone on stage was singing a Nuñez song to the tune of some Italian operatic drinking song. (I'm not sophistimicated enough to know what it was called.)

It sounded boss. I'd love it to take off.

(He also sang the Diaz Bella Ciao song which needs to make it into the ground.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I went past a pub near the ground today and someone on stage was singing a Nuñez song to the tune of some Italian operatic drinking song. (I'm not sophistimicated enough to know what it was called.)

It sounded boss. I'd love it to take off.

(He also sang the Diaz Bella Ciao song which needs to make it into the ground.)

Found it.

Funiculí, Funiculá .  I couldn't catch most of the lines, but the "Darwin! Nuñez! Na nana nanaa" bit was catchy as fuck.