You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our midfield

Mil-ing Around

Balotelli for me.

Should never have been anywhere near our club.

There have been worse players - likes of Konchesky, Adam, Poulsen, Lambert, Benteke, Degen, Piechnik, Cisokho, Markovic, Carter, Nunez (the other one) Assaidi, Diomede, Diouf, Jovanovic et al but in terms of actual signing Balotelli is worst for me.

Joke Hole is close to being it too, especially given his shit attitude.

Keita is right up there mind.

1 hour ago, Code said:

Aquilani is our worst signing ever, injured for months when we signed him and basically injured since.

The fact he was brought in to replace Alonso is just the icing on the cake. 

he was signed because of his girlfriend.  He was a bargain in that respect.

On 01/04/2023 at 10:02, Code said:

The reason I posted the Ødegaard stats about winning the ball back in the opposition half was because thats what we used to be good at.

What happened to our midfield in that regard?

It got old. We've signed one midfielder in years and he was a like for like age with a fella leaving. So aside from kids and those learning their trade, our senior pros are pretty much 5 years older than when fab/keita joined. It doesn't take a great leap to see it'd be a struggle. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It got old. We've signed one midfielder in years and he was a like for like age with a fella leaving. So aside from kids and those learning their trade, our senior pros are pretty much 5 years older than when fab/keita joined. It doesn't take a great leap to see it'd be a struggle. 

Can you tell some Yanks this please.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

If only he was like for like at being available to play football matches....

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

You mean the folks who have been running the top teams in this league for years?

Yea, they should know.

I thought our coaching staff was overseen by a German? You live and learn.

Go and have a sit down,you are way too stressed over this result. This is just a natural conclusion of allowing crooks and assorted bad types to take over football clubs. I am not letting multi millionaires stress me any more than they already do.

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought our coaching staff was overseen by a German? You live and learn.

Go and have a sit down,you are way too stressed over this result. This is just a natural conclusion of allowing crooks and assorted bad types to take over football clubs. I am not letting multi millionaires stress me any more than they already do.

Didn't watch the match pal - which Yanks need to know?

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

He was never going to be that. 

Sadly not.

Very good footballer but ultimately a bad signing IMO. His reliability is just not anywhere near good enough and we have been unable to absorb it given he is sadly far from alone in having such a problem.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Sadly not.

Very good footballer but ultimately a bad signing IMO. His reliability is just not anywhere near good enough and we have been unable to absorb it given he is sadly far from alone in having such a problem.

We have too many of them sadly. We've got to find players this summer who are more robust. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

We have too many of them sadly. We've got to find players this summer who are more robust. 

Absolutely

The lack of availability causes all sorts of problems - lack of options from bench, overplaying players as can't rotate - look at what we did to Bajcetic because a kid barely 18 has had to do the job that highly paid experienced pros have been unable/unavailable to do...

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...