You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group F

Bjornebye

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group F  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
    • Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah
    • Canned Heat - On The Road Again
    • The Pogues - Rainy Night In Soho
    • Girls Aloud - Biology

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/21 at 08:49

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

I always felt Atmosphere was the closest.

Love Will Tear Us Apart is a great song, neither Paul Young nor United fans managed to ruin it completely. Both came close though.

Paul Young should have been strung up for that shocker.

Edit, I've never heard the PJ. Proby version, nor do I want to.

9 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Somewhat relieved that I'm not the only person who thinks Love Will Tear Us Apart is a bag of wank. Sophomoric instrumental overlaid with the languid delivery of someone who very clearly didn't want to be there. I find the whole thing depressing, it's a 3 minute suicide note.

I dont necessarily disagree by much of a margin, but I've voted for it because Cohen's version of Hallelujah is one of the worst I've heard. The others are very much average in my view.

Nothing crying out at me here, I thought I liked that Joy Division song more than the reality of it when I played again. That music video is weird, zero stage presence going on there. The Cohen version of Hallelujah seemed pretty boring, maybe it grows on you though. Canned heat seemed ok but felt like I was waiting for the chorus to kick in all song. The Pogues one was OK I guess, just didn't do anything for me. The Girls aloud one was bareable for about 15 seconds while I ogled them.

Maybe with a few more listens one would stand out more, but nothing seems worthy of a vote.

On 21/09/2021 at 13:30, Chris said:

It’s one of those songs people who don’t really like music pick as their favourite. Like Imagine or Someone Like You by Adele, or Coldplay’s Fix You. It’s turgid, sappy garbage. Depressing as fuck. 

Hard to argue with a single word of this.

• Upvote 1