You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group F

Bjornebye

The GF's Favourite Ever Song - Round 1 - Group F  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Favourite

• Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
    • Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah
    • Canned Heat - On The Road Again
    • The Pogues - Rainy Night In Soho
    • Girls Aloud - Biology

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/09/21 at 08:49

Had to go with Love Will Tear Us Apart. Gutted not to vote for Rainy Night In Soho and that Canned Heat track is superb. Agree with comments about the Jeff Buckley version being the best Hallelujah and as for the girls aloud song..... I may as well have let Agadoo in. 

I went out somewhere last week with the boy in the car, with the playlist on shuffle and Girls Aloud came on. I had to explain myself and tell him Stronts was a bellend. Put it on shuffle again on the way home and it was the second song to play. Fuming. 

Justice has been done here as one of my selections marches into the next round, knocking out that song in the process. 

• Upvote 3

In defence of Girld Aloud, those songs are written by professional songwriters,who know what they're doing in terms what is required to get airplay & a hit record. There is some clever stuff going on in the writing there.

It's the execution & packaging of it that is fucking abysmal, horrible drum machines, synths, autotuned vocals & production aimed at mp3s and mobile phones for little girls to listen to.

Having said that, I'd sooner listen to Girls Aloud than Joy Division, I had a tortured childhood listening to that shite.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Had to go with Love Will Tear Us Apart. Gutted not to vote for Rainy Night In Soho and that Canned Heat track is superb. Agree with comments about the Jeff Buckley version being the best Hallelujah and as for the girls aloud song..... I may as well have let Agadoo in. 

This.

52 minutes ago, Mook said:

In defence of Girld Aloud, those songs are written by professional songwriters,who know what they're doing in terms what is required to get airplay & a hit record. There is some clever stuff going on in the writing there.

It's the execution & packaging of it that is fucking abysmal, horrible drum machines, synths, autotuned vocals & production aimed at mp3s and mobile phones for little girls to listen to.

Having said that, I'd sooner listen to Girls Aloud than Joy Division, I had a tortured childhood listening to that shite.

Call the Shots is an absolute belter, Biology i'm afraid, isn't.

There is only one winner in this round, even before looking at the voting.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Cloth-eared twerp. Get back to your Girls Aloud.

It’s one of those songs people who don’t really like music pick as their favourite. Like Imagine or Someone Like You by Adele, or Coldplay’s Fix You. It’s turgid, sappy garbage. Depressing as fuck.