You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

9 hours ago, Lee909 said:

9 outfield players Inc 2 keepers, 0 on the bench. 7-0 at HT. Apparently Belenses tried to not come out for 2nd half. Told they had to, got a early injury so game abandoned due to only 8 players. 

Guarantee if Porto or Benfica are in that position the game doesn't get played

Though I do wonder why they didn't just throw a couple of the U21/18 into the squad

i think it did happen to Bendica last season but they played their kids.  It was one of the bigger Portuguese clubs anyway,

Wasn't the FA Cup game against Burnley also postponed due to bad weather in 2005? IIRC, it got played 10 days later than scheduled, and Djimi backheeled himself in the bollocks and scored an own goal. I don't know if they've got undersoil heating at Turf Moor.

4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Wasn't the FA Cup game against Burnley also postponed due to bad weather in 2005? IIRC, it got played 10 days later than scheduled, and Djimi backheeled himself in the bollocks and scored an own goal. I don't know if they've got undersoil heating at Turf Moor.

I went to both, well was stuck in traffic not far from the ground when the first was called off. Load of bollocks.

The season didn’t end too badly though. 

51 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fuck. An hour before kickoff too. And there I was looking forward to seeing leeds fall into the bottom 3. 

That's shocking for a premier league club not to have under soil heating is unbelievable in 2021 it really should be a stipulation for being in the league 

4 hours ago, sir roger said:

Frigging hell , tough crowd.

He was appointed at fucking Bournemouth as the youngest manager in the whole football league with a 17 points deduction and saved them from going in to the Conference , had them in the Prem within 6 years and kept them there for the only 5 years in Bournemouth's history. He spent £200m but that was from money brought by him giviing them the Prem riches and offset by at least £150m for Ake , Danjuma , Wilson , Ramsdale , Mings , Afobe and Mousset. We may scoff at Solanke's fee but they would probably get it back if he went on the list and he will more than pay for hinself if he brings them back up with the goals he is scoring.

He did brilliant to get them up but had significant financial backing when they were there and they got gradually worse as he spent it.

Ake, Ramsdale and Wilson moved on after he left and accounted for 100m of the 150m you've counted. Their spending was partly funded by being in the Prem but also by their Russian billionaire owner. They may be a little club but they're certainly not poor these days.

They had lost all identity by the time he took them down.