You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curtis Jones

liverpoolsno9

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

that's just a wind up that. i bet in the past he has said he like henry growing up or something. i am sure he is a liverpool fan. 

I'm sure the source is some virgin stuck in his ma's basement. (Not me for a change.)

• Haha 1

Kudos to Klopp for persevering with him. Lots of managers would have regarded his younger self as too 'unfocussed' to fit into their plans and moved him on. Klopp was obviously exasperated by him at times, but kept challenging him to work harder and he did so. Well done to Jones as well for pushing himself, belatedly, in the right direction. I can actually envisage him becoming a bit like Ray Kennedy in his role in the team - creative, industrious and disciplined in midfield but still able to get into the box and score a few goals. A long way to go yet but it's promising.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Kudos to Klopp for persevering with him. Lots of managers would have regarded his younger self as too 'unfocussed' to fit into their plans and moved him on. Klopp was obviously exasperated by him at times, but kept challenging him to work harder and he did so. Well done to Jones as well for pushing himself, belatedly, in the right direction. I can actually envisage him becoming a bit like Ray Kennedy in his role in the team - creative, industrious and disciplined in midfield but still able to get into the box and score a few goals. A long way to go yet but it's promising.

i think you are being a bit harsh on Jones there. I think he was doing well and progressing nicely until injuries got in the way. the key here has been getting him on the pitch more - which still seems to be a work in progress, for as well as he's done since April, he has only played the equivalent of less than 7 games in the league. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

that's just a wind up that. i bet in the past he has said he like henry growing up or something. i am sure he is a liverpool fan. 

That's the weird thing as good as Henry was Curtis age group wouldn't have been watching him at Arsenal he would have been 7 or 8 when he left them. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Boyhood gooner?

Apparently. This was quoted underneath from 5 years ago:

My youngest lad used to "support Arsenal" for a little while (because of his mum), until he saw sense. Jones is probably due a contract renewal.

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i think you are being a bit harsh on Jones there. I think he was doing well and progressing nicely until injuries got in the way. the key here has been getting him on the pitch more - which still seems to be a work in progress, for as well as he's done since April, he has only played the equivalent of less than 7 games in the league. 

From April in the league he's averaging a goal or assist every 237 minutes. Not bad at all from the midfield. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

No, I disagree. Take the time to look back at what Klopp said, repeatedly, and what his England manager said, repeatedly, about the need for him to start pushing on. They both preached the same message, over quite a long time, and it took quite a long time before it seemed to be absorbed (even as recently as last year, Carsley was saying: ''It's important to me that Curtis doesn't play within himself. He's got to be the best player every day, every game. I think he can score more, I think he can assist more. When he gets in front of goal, he's got that quality. He needs to show it on a regular basis, consistently, for us"). So that's not me being a bit harsh. Sorry, I know you feel compelled to argue with me, but that's not a fair complaint.

It's bullshit to harvest interactions on twitter and claim their 40 quid for the month as part of the creator fund, we have loads of twitter types trawling the foreign press feeds and then regurgitating it as insider knowledge for the same reason. 

They've just clicked on to the fact that it's more efficient to regurgitate each others posts and then you don't need a primary source so some blurt like AFCamden will tweet out a spurious rumour, that get's picked up by some liverpool aggregator account like 'anything Liverpool' or 'Anfield Index' or that Josh/Moby/Grizz nob head, the equivalent Arsenal accounts then pick it up as it being reported from Liverpools side, and the cycle repeats.

Once it's picked up enough traction it'll make the bullshit pages of the Liverpool Echo or Football.London who have some intern sitting in front of a live feed desperate to hit their quota of transfer rumours for the day before they clock off and they'll pass the story back around for a few days before it dies out or has to be denied by an actual journalist.

Rinse and repeat.

He's outperformed Dom, Gravenberch and Mc Allister in almost every game he's played this year. Second only to Endo in midfield so far. 

The attitude of lots of our fans reminds me of the dogs abuse Hendo used to get as a young player learning his trade. My da calls him Curtis Groans because no matter what he does, some old kop cunts moan. 

Hopefully this arsenal thing is shite and he stays for a long time. Future captain. 

He's improved in recent games, and the recent praise and recognition is well deserved, but i'm still not fully convinced or getting too carried away as we've seen him tail away after promising spells before, admittedly not always his own fault due to injury. He needs to do it consistently over a season and weigh in with a few more goals and assists to be considered at the very top echelon.

27 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

My youngest lad used to "support Arsenal" for a little while (because of his mum), until he saw sense. Jones is probably due a contract renewal.

Mine did to, because his best mate at school supported them. That changed after the 4-3 Dortmund game...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

haha, well that is clearly the bible on this then! 

22 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

From April in the league he's averaging a goal or assist every 237 minutes. Not bad at all from the midfield. 

I think he is doing well. he needs to be on the pitch more though. 

20 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

No, I disagree. Take the time to look back at what Klopp said, repeatedly, and what his England manager said, repeatedly, about the need for him to start pushing on. They both preached the same message, over quite a long time, and it took quite a long time before it seemed to be absorbed (even as recently as last year, Carsley was saying: ''It's important to me that Curtis doesn't play within himself. He's got to be the best player every day, every game. I think he can score more, I think he can assist more. When he gets in front of goal, he's got that quality. He needs to show it on a regular basis, consistently, for us"). So that's not me being a bit harsh. Sorry, I know you feel compelled to argue with me, but that's not a fair complaint.

what did klopp say? I am not even a little bit interested in what the national manager says about him. i hope he doesn't give it all fucking about on england U21 duty. 

20 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's bullshit to harvest interactions on twitter and claim their 40 quid for the month as part of the creator fund, we have loads of twitter types trawling the foreign press feeds and then regurgitating it as insider knowledge for the same reason. 

They've just clicked on to the fact that it's more efficient to regurgitate each others posts and then you don't need a primary source so some blurt like AFCamden will tweet out a spurious rumour, that get's picked up by some liverpool aggregator account like 'anything Liverpool' or 'Anfield Index' or that Josh/Moby/Grizz nob head, the equivalent Arsenal accounts then pick it up as it being reported from Liverpools side, and the cycle repeats.

Once it's picked up enough traction it'll make the bullshit pages of the Liverpool Echo or Football.London who have some intern sitting in front of a live feed desperate to hit their quota of transfer rumours for the day before they clock off and they'll pass the story back around for a few days before it dies out or has to be denied by an actual journalist.

Rinse and repeat.

Gus Haynes over here. 

5 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

He's outperformed Dom, Gravenberch and Mc Allister in almost every game he's played this year. Second only to Endo in midfield so far. 

The attitude of lots of our fans reminds me of the dogs abuse Hendo used to get as a young player learning his trade. My da calls him Curtis Groans because no matter what he does, some old kop cunts moan. 

Hopefully this arsenal thing is shite and he stays for a long time. Future captain. 

Lets not get overboard here, he really hasnt. 

Jones has been doing okay, I have not missed him in any of the games he’s not played, but Ive wanted to sub him in many of those he has played.

There is a bit of the Flanagan factor with Jones I think.

These ratings are by no means a deciding factor of anything, but they give a good picture.

Two different sources. 

IMG_9700.jpeg

IMG_9701.jpeg

IMG_9702.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Code said:

Lets not get overboard here, he really hasnt. 

Jones has been doing okay, I have not missed him in any of the games he’s not played, but Ive wanted to sub him in many of those he has played.

There is a bit of the Flanagan factor with Jones I think.

Interesting. They said the opposite on the podcast, that he isn't appreaciated enough because he's not exotic enough.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Interesting. They said the opposite on the podcast, that he isn't appreaciated enough because he's not exotic enough.

I would not know what they talk about there , but if he was a foreign player, there would be a huge demand to get rid of him long time ago. 

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

if he was a foreign player, there would be a huge demand to get rid of him

7 gola contributions in 1000 minutes as the left sided mid in our setup?

At 22 years old with a 92% pass rate?

No there wouldn't.

In the Europa League and League Cup against shite?