You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM 2021 Comp (Manager Poll & Team Name)

Bruce Spanner

Manager Situation?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want to do?

• Same Manager (All have Klopp Clones)
    • Draft Managers

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Scott, that version is made for ten year olds, I’d hold off the celebration dances! 

I’m not paying £40 when I can get it for £8.

I’m literally on fire. Won the double double and both Charity Shields. CL has been disappointing though with 2 last 16 exits (PSG & Real Madrid). 

Jérémy Doku is sensational. 

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Im in.

What’s the deal this time? We playing a few seasons or what?

Given Anies & my average picks were 14 & 14.5 respectively last time, I think I should go first in every section this time.

7 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

In - but if we're continuing w/ same squads (which I'd be v happy with) wouldn't support players indiscriminately being taken out of squads and pooled into a draft.

My goodness. There's a list, you know... 

I mean, seriously...

Bruce

aRdja

Mr. Holliday

John102

No2

Dynamite

Scott_M

Alex_K

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, John102 said:

Alex desperately trying to hold onto Messi, who inexplicably drafted something like number 4 (I include myself in this) 

No Surrender is embracing life-after-Messi for the coming season. He's on the way out.

5 spots left. How do we decide how this game is played (i.e. continuation of current squads w/ transfer window vs. fresh start)? Already decided, or poll it?

12 hours ago, Alex_K said:

5 spots left. How do we decide how this game is played (i.e. continuation of current squads w/ transfer window vs. fresh start)? Already decided, or poll it?

Current thinking is three seasons, you can only have two players of the same nationality to strat with in the draft, but you can exchange them in a transfer window, or swap them out for a player who has not been taken already on the data base.

I'll try and figure Europe out so we're all involved every season, but can't make guarentees yet.

You'll all get to change you manager stats and data obvioulsy.

That work?

Works for me boss. And to clarify, your mention of "draft" implies it's completely new teams? Happy days. 

And as it's my birthday coming up (25 since you're asking), as a gift to you all, I'm offering free consultations for anyone who'd like to benefit from my managerial strategy. This is a time-limited offer so get your requests in ASAP. 

• Upvote 1

Sounds good. The nationality rule may be cumbersome: 20 participants, 2 player max from any country .. that’s quite tight. But if others can play to it let’s go. 

4 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Current thinking is three seasons, you can only have two players of the same nationality to strat with in the draft, but you can exchange them in a transfer window, or swap them out for a player who has not been taken already on the data base.

I'll try and figure Europe out so we're all involved every season, but can't make guarentees yet.

You'll all get to change you manager stats and data obvioulsy.

That work?

Yeah it was clear that the European ties didn't matter anyway. Nobody cared. Anyone who won anything in Europe should be embarrassed quite frankly. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, maybe you can only hve two players from one team migt work better?

I'm totally easy. I'll play whichever way configured, simply thinking of reducing barriers for others playing / risk of draft taking a long time & removing some of the fun from it for others (I think the draft took 2 weeks as it was without any kind of rules?).

Also agree Europe isn't really necessary if it eases burden on your game management overheads?