You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CHAMPIONS

benwasmydog

40 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sadly no.

They won't and it's a bit soft of people to think they will.

Especially given messages like this:

It's bad it has to come to this and even sadder it won't make a blind bit of difference. I expect tomorrow to dwarf the night we won it. Although I genuinely don't think it helps the pubs are now open and in all likelihood the spread is probably less likely there than in the pubs all over the city. 

Just put roadblocks on the approaches to the ground and the Anfield Rd Stanley Park exit. Be proactive instead of having a couple of coppers standing round watching bemusedly. 

Oh, and to the Chief Con, it’s all very well putting out safety messages like the above, but your concern looks a little bit two-faceD when your officer’s are strolling around the city without wearing any PPE.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Says it all that they dont need to tell people not to go to Goodison. In fact,its usually the opposite 'Get Down to Goodison.'

They go the game.

The only fans in the city who do.

The only fans in the country who do.

The only fans on the continent who do.

The only fans in the world who do.

They go the game.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, an tha said:

It's pissing me off this, so much left to chance.  The police/council and the club could have communicated far better and maybe even organised a strictly ticket only outdoor socially distanced event (Stanley Park is RIGHT THERE), and cordoned off the rest.  Really shoddy from everyone concerned.

21 minutes ago, Moo said:

It's pissing me off this, so much left to chance.  The police/council and the club could have communicated far better and maybe even organised a strictly ticket only outdoor socially distanced event (Stanley Park is RIGHT THERE), and cordoned off the rest.  Really shoddy from everyone concerned.

Whole thing is a bit of a farce really.

They are actually making it worse by constantly going on about it - it becomes a bigger story, more eyes on it and attracts negative publicity as well as of course then people thinking fuck you, you aren't stopping me.

Fact is that there aren't thousands and thousands of people travelling there from all over like would have been normally, pubs are open all across region so that will even a lot of spread out and yeah a few thousand locals will gather for a few hours outside Kop.....so fucking what is my own take.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

They are actually making it worse by constantly going on about it - it becomes a bigger story, more eyes on it and attracts negative publicity as well as of course then people thinking fuck you, you aren't stopping me.

Fact is that there aren't thousands and thousands of people travelling there from all over like would have been normally, pubs are open all across region so that will even a lot of spread out and yeah a few thousand locals will gather for a few hours outside Kop.....so fucking what is my own take.

I don't disagree.  It's inevitable so they could have met it head on and dealt with it properly, they've had over three weeks to sort it out.  Not sure who's responsibility it is to instigate that but the club should have taken some initiative on it, dickheads.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

This.

The club wanted players' families to be in the ground tonight for the trophy lift. The PL was OK with it. Rumour has it the ground safety council have refused to agree. Hello, who do the players live with?

The Main Stand holds over 12,000 and this body decided as a one off the families cannot see their hubbies lift the trophy?

Oh yeah, it will encourage thousands to descend on Anfield. Whatever.

This fucking nonesense has to end.

The night we won it was more spontaneous and only locals at the ground. The next night word spread about the Pier Head gathering and all and sundry turned up. Tonight I can see more of the same. They should have just cordoned off close to the stadium and had something going on Stanley park where people can gather. People will gather regardless so at least contain it and keep it relatively well behaved as opposed to letting people roam the streets. Unfortunately social distancing has all but disappeared across the uk (See Beaches, BLM protests....) so just contain the gathering. 

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

I don't disagree.  It's inevitable so they could have met it head on and dealt with it properly, they've had over three weeks to sort it out.  Not sure who's responsibility it is to instigate that but the club should have taken some initiative on it, dickheads.

I suppose the problem is that they are stuck in a bit of a halfway house....lockdown is effectively over, people are on move again - but there are still rules around mass gatherings/social distancing etc and of course there is a stance from those 'in power' to want to be seen to be doing the 'right thing'/sending out the right message...

And of couse covid is still (as it will be for ages) a thing.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

This.

The club wanted players' families to be in the ground tonight for the trophy lift. The PL was OK with it. Rumour has it the ground safety council have refused to agree. Hello, who do the players live with?

The Main Stand holds over 12,000 and this body decided as a one off the families cannot see their hubbies lift the trophy?

Oh yeah, it will encourage thousands to descend on Anfield. Whatever.

This fucking nonesense has to end.

Spot on

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

I suppose the problem is that they are stuck in a bit of a halfway house....lockdown is effectively over, people are on move again - but there are still rules around mass gatherings/social distancing etc and of course there is a stance from those 'in power' to want to be seen to be doing the 'right thing'/sending out the right message...

And of couse covid is still (as it will be for ages) a thing.

But we don't even know if the club tried to arrange anything with the council/police/authorities, do we? 

Shit communication, a joke from the top down.

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

But we don't even know if the club tried to arrange anything with the council/police/authorities, do we? 

Shit communication, a joke from the top down.

My guess is they took a nothing can happen we have to be seen to be saying nothing can or should happen view.