You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, hard left wing union leader aside… 

What right wing policies has Starmer moved towards. Another one to avoid. 

Sharon Graham is in no way  "hard left" Numero, although the fact you see her as such probably says more about you than it does about her.

She's protecting her members jobs and working conditions, it's her job. The Union she runs gives the Labour Party money to make sure those workers voices are heard in Parliament and beyond, although judging by the utterances of this shadow cabinet they ain't getting a lot of bang for their buck lately.

Anyway I'm off to watch a film.

5 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sharon Graham is in no way  "hard left" Numero, although the fact you see her as such probably says more about you than it does about her.

She's protecting her members jobs and working conditions, it's her job. The Union she runs gives the Labour Party money to make sure those workers voices are heard in Parliament and beyond, although judging by the utterances of this shadow cabinet they ain't getting a lot of bang for their buck lately.

Anyway I'm off to watch a film.

I am, once again, shocked that you didn’t answer the question.

• Upvote 1

I like Burnham..he always comes over quite well and is always passionate. 

I think the issue is that the media would absolutely tear him to shreds and middle England would despise him.

Considering the enduring popularity of johnson amongst those red wall fuckwits, I'm not sure there is a person alive who would  square that circle.

The other leadership contests were seven and twelve years ago. Situations change. They must have if the Labour movement has drifted so far right people like Sharon Graham are labelled "hard left" by people other than journalists from the Daily Telegraph.

Graham was seen as the moderate left wing candidate when she put herself forward for the job of Unite supremo. She's a former waitress who ran on a ticket of uniting the union, de-politicising it and focusing on her members interests and in most people's eyes she's done an excellent job. If she's 'hard left' then so are an awful lot of working men and women up and down the country.

The subject of unity brings us back to Starmer, who also once upon a time portrayed himself as the unity candidate. Interestingly the right wing media darlings of Streeting and Reeves polled a miserly 2% each in this snapshot. Good.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/andy-burnham-support-succeed-sir-keir-starmer-labour-leader-beergate-boris-b1001981.html

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

The other leadership contests were seven and twelve years ago. Situations change. They must have if the Labour movement has drifted so far right people like Sharon Graham are labelled "hard left" by people other than journalists from the Daily Telegraph.

Graham was seen as the moderate left wing candidate when she put herself forward for the job of Unite supremo. She's a former waitress who ran on a ticket of uniting the union, de-politicising it and focusing on her members interests and in most people's eyes she's done an excellent job. If she's 'hard left' then so are an awful lot of working men and women up and down the country.

The subject of unity brings us back to Starmer, who also once upon a time portrayed himself as the unity candidate. Interestingly the right wing media darlings of Streeting and Reeves polled a miserly 2% each in this snapshot. Good.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/andy-burnham-support-succeed-sir-keir-starmer-labour-leader-beergate-boris-b1001981.html

Wow, so much wrong in so few words. 

12 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I like Burnham..he always comes over quite well and is always passionate. 

I think the issue is that the media would absolutely tear him to shreds and middle England would despise him.

Considering the enduring popularity of johnson amongst those red wall fuckwits, I'm not sure there is a person alive who would  square that circle.

I think the issue we are quite often is somebody sees a clip of Burnham or Cooper or Nandy or whoever, and they say something they like in a way they like, and think ‘that’ll do for me’ without judging them on all the other criteria they need for both being able to win a leadership election/lead the Labour Party, and being able to win an election. I saw a lot of shouts for ‘Ange for leader’ because ‘the girl has a bit of passion’ but they don’t understand that it requires a variety of skills. There’s genuinely some people who are understandably so pissed at the government all they want to see is somebody shouting and calling people cunts on TV and PMQs. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The fact you think I wasn’t already aware of what he actually said and feel the need to link this to me is quite strange. Is it for people that can’t read beyond the headline or have terrible reading comprehension. 

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

The fact you think I wasn’t already aware of what he actually said and feel the need to link this to me is quite strange. Is it for people that can’t read beyond the headline or have terrible reading comprehension. 

Not as strange as someone pretending Starmer hasn't taken Labour to the right.

13 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Was you're last sentence a question or just a snidey little comment? You didn't put a question mark.

12 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Not as strange as someone pretending Starmer hasn't taken Labour to the right.

Which right wing positions and policies are you basing it on though? You continually dodge this question. You won't tell me what makes me right wing, you won't tell me why he isn't centre left, you keep saying these bland, baseless statements with nothing to back them up. It's just tedious and pretty pathetic. 

9 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Was you're last sentence a question or just a snidey little comment? You didn't put a question mark.

Rhetorical questions do not require question marks. 

• Upvote 1

Burnham is a dead behind the eyes empty suit. 

He gets credit on here for pushing the for the review, but lets not forget, that like everything else in the justice campaign that was the people, not him. He only reacted because he was shamed into it at the memorial. If not for that he'd have done the same as every other politician and done nothing to support it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Which right wing positions and policies are you basing it on though? You continually dodge this question. You won't tell me what makes me right wing, you won't tell me why he isn't centre left, you keep saying these bland, baseless statements with nothing to back them up. It's just tedious and pretty pathetic. 

Rhetorical questions do not require question marks. 

Im not dodging the question I just thought the answer was obvious. The withdrawal of the whip from the ex leader, the sacking of anyone remotely to the left like Baily. The scrapping of re nationisation of energy. The stance on workers taking industrial action, as addressed by the leader of Unite. The scrapping of a full manifesto. The promotion of right wing Labour Mps like Rachael Reeves etc.

3 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

Burnham is a dead behind the eyes empty suit. 

He gets credit on here for pushing the for the review, but lets not forget, that like everything else in the justice campaign that was the people, not him. He only reacted because he was shamed into it at the memorial. If not for that he'd have done the same as every other politician and done nothing to support it. 

Aren't they all in the modern day Labour Party? Wes Streeting? Rachel Reeves? All of them. 

Just now, Gnasher said:

Im not dodging the question I just thought the answer was obvious. The withdrawal of the whip from the ex leader, the sacking of anyone remotely to the left like Baily. The scrapping of re nationisation of energy. The stance on workers taking industrial action, as addressed by the leader of Unite. The scrapping of a full manifesto. The promotion of right wing Labour Mps like Rachael Reeves etc.

You don't know what left and right wing means, do you? And you do continually dodge the question when it comes to your ridiculous comments about me 'oozing' being right wing. I keep on and on and on asking, but then if you consider not liking Corbyn to be right wing then, well, all bets are off. I'm just left wing by the previous definition. Oh, and I support re-doing a manifesto, too. That's apparently right wing. 

Idiot. 

3 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Like when he ran against Corbyn? 

Never a leader, same levels as Cooper etc. not good enough.

Like I said “If there was a desire” 

Who is your suggestion? 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

You don't know what left and right wing means, do you? And you do continually dodge the question when it comes to your ridiculous comments about me 'oozing' being right wing. I keep on and on and on asking, but then if you consider not liking Corbyn to be right wing then, well, all bets are off. I'm just left wing by the previous definition. Oh, and I support re-doing a manifesto, too. That's apparently right wing. 

Idiot. 

Aww he's got all upset. Go find another red under the bed to talk nonsense about Numero, yesterday it was Sharon Graham and Andy Burnham, next week it'll no doubt be someone else. 

Aww he's got all upset. Go find another red under the bed to talk nonsense about Numero, yesterday it was Sharon Graham and Andy Burnham, next week it'll no doubt be someone else. 

Yeah, I'm very upset. I've killed myself twice already this morning.

Well, at least I've learned something new today. Re-writing a manifesto is right wing. It doesn't matter what the ideas inside are, that's secondary. It's scrapping the ('most successful leader in living memory') Corbyn manifesto that's right wing. Bless you, Gnasher. Make sure not to choke on your own dribble. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I don’t mind a bit of that. 

Then Ange is your girl, mate. 

14 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yes, hard left wing union leader aside… 

What right wing policies has Starmer moved towards. Another one to avoid. 

Re nationalisation of energy for one and plenty more on the way, if that's your thing 

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/keir-starmer-ditches-last-labour-manifesto_uk_62badcbfe4b080fb670a2baa

Re nationalisation of energy for one and plenty more on the way, if that's your thing 

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/keir-starmer-ditches-last-labour-manifesto_uk_62badcbfe4b080fb670a2baa

I’ve read that, if you’d read it you know it doesn’t actually say that. It doesn’t even remotely say what it says in the headline. 

33 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, I'm very upset. I've killed myself twice already this morning.

Well, at least I've learned something new today. Re-writing a manifesto is right wing. It doesn't matter what the ideas inside are, that's secondary. It's scrapping the ('most successful leader in living memory') Corbyn manifesto that's right wing. Bless you, Gnasher. Make sure not to choke on your own dribble. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I think the issue we are quite often is somebody sees a clip of Burnham or Cooper or Nandy or whoever, and they say something they like in a way they like, and think ‘that’ll do for me’ without judging them on all the other criteria they need for both being able to win a leadership election/lead the Labour Party, and being able to win an election. I saw a lot of shouts for ‘Ange for leader’ because ‘the girl has a bit of passion’ but they don’t understand that it requires a variety of skills. There’s genuinely some people who are understandably so pissed at the government all they want to see is somebody shouting and calling people cunts on TV and PMQs. 

I think people do indeed base their judgements on a little more than snippets off the TV and radio oh super intelligent pompous one.

That head of yours will be lost forever if it continues up your own arse Numero.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

I think people do indeed base their judgements on a little more than snippets off the TV and radio oh super intelligent pompous one.

That head of yours will be lost forever if it continues up your own arse Numero.

I think you base yours off of a headline an don't read the contents. You're forever posting links that don't say what you think they do.