You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

5 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Brown putting his boot into this no magic money tree nonsense. 

20240329_200310.jpg

The magic word there is "government". I'm fairly certain we don't have a Labour government.

The magic money tree stuff is nonsense but that's not the point, Brown and me and you aren't the people whose votes he needs to attract. If starmer is still spouting this stuff a year from now then I'll happily see him fucked off.

Brown is actually a great example of what happens to a principled politician who doesn't play ball. He lost the election.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

The magic money tree stuff is nonsense but that's not the point, Brown and me and you aren't the people whose votes he needs to attract. If starmer is still spouting this stuff a year from now then I'll happily see him fucked off.

Brown is actually a great example of what happens to a principled politician who doesn't play ball. He lost the election.

The next election is over, that bird flew a long time ago at Partygate, any other talk to the contrary is gaslighting. Anyway not sure Rachel Reeves promising to protect top tax earners whilst hinting at a form of austerity for the rest of us is as popular as you seem to think it is. 

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's bollocks that, Truss destroyed the Tory lead in 24 hours.

We've had this conversation  loads of times before. Their was no tory lead to destroy. The Tories were nosediving in the polls when they got rid of Johnson. You think they fired him out of principle?

https://pa.media/blogs/fact-check/tories-were-12-points-behind-labour-in-the-polls-when-boris-johnson-stood-down/

Truss/Kwarteng made it a whole lot worse but the Conservatives were clutching at straws by then anyway. 

What a blast from the past. Talk about events moving fast. The Halcyon days of  Westminster wisdom and wonder.  When our poor little MPs were terrified of Pro Palestinian protesters it was  followed by little Rhisi doing his ridiculous little speech outside Number 10. Lyndsey Hoyles heart-rending speech about his concerns for MPs safety which forced him to ditch Parliamentary protocol,  only not to give two fucks a fortnight later when Britain's first Black MP had comments made wishing she was shot dead. Talk about a week being a long time in politics.

If our Parliamentary politicians are found to be swayed by Israeli influence they should be barred for life from holding a high office in this country   Especially as it now appears three ex British soldiers were murdered by a foreign state using British made weapons. That traitor Lyndsey Hoyle can be the first to be told to fuck off and if Starmer is also found to be covering for Israel he should be sent over there with him. 

Westminster is a cesspit  

I see you didn't post two other bits of starmer news in recent days Gnasher, one that "four in five" Labour members back Starmer, and two that Labour are "on course for 400 seats". 

You absolute scoundrel.

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I see you didn't post two other bits of starmer news in recent days Gnasher, one that "four in five" Labour members back Starmer, and two that Labour are "on course for 400 seats". 

You absolute scoundrel.

‘Yeah, but what about **insert random unconnected tweet**. Not so cleaver are you now **insert personalised, yet totally removed from reality insult**’

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

You absolute scoundrel.

I'm not sure what thats got to do with my post on the vote the other week on Gaza and those events in Westminster where politicians were apparently fearing for their lives.  All very odd,  but if you insist on me commenting on every piece of Starmer news that hits the papers I'd say his recent statement on the subject was welcome, as was Lammys. Hopefully the penny has dropped but we'll see. 

As for ths Labour members, that's their choice, good for them and good for Starmer. I'd have thought me giving the polls on a support for a stricter line on Israel would have been more relevant to my post and I didn't comment on them either. Anyway  

And as for Bentley Bruce, I thought the cretin made a great play of putting me on ignore. 

Streetings wrote an article in todays Scum about the NHS. I haven't read it and I'm obviously not going to link it but the reaction has not gone down well at all.From the quotes he sounds as arrogant as ever. I'm sure he'll receive no personal reward off these private contacts, hmm. 

Julia Patterson talking to Naga Munchetty.

Seddon pulls no punches. 

Good summing up on privatisation in the NHS by the Doctor on GMB  Amir Khana few months ago  Bottom clip. 

Meanwhile Rachel is doing the rounds on breakfast tv. She always cheers me up and makes me feel a little more hopeful for the future. Must be her sunny disposition. 

Reminiscing back to when economic justice was number 1 in the imaginary hit parade. 

20240409_080857.jpg

"They'll have a chance to express their views at the ballot box"

No, we won't, Rachel. We won't have that choice at all. Even two thirds of Tory voters would tax the rich more, but a Labour shadow chancellor won't offer it to the public.

I suppose she’s probably clever not to say that Labour have higher taxes for the super rich as a main priority. 

We saw what happened to the last fella who tried that. 

8 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I suppose she’s probably clever not to say that Labour have higher taxes for the super rich as a main priority. 

We saw what happened to the last fella who tried that. 

Do you honestly believe this country having a fairer taxation system and asking the super rich to pay a fair share in tax is unpopular? Its not even unpopular with the super rich. 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Do you honestly believe this country having a fairer taxation system and asking the super rich to pay a fair share in tax is unpopular? Its not even unpopular with the super rich. 

Super rich are happy to be taxed more? Really? 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Super rich are happy to be taxed more? Really? 

You can't lump everyone in one category but the ones which are not happy should not be this country's major concern, others with more pressing concerns are more worthy. 

Anyway if some are not happy, tough. 

20240404_202146.jpg

But the Tory messaging about higher taxes won't be aimed at the millionaires willing to pay more. It'll be aimed at the majority of working voters who are already feeling the pinch. "LABOUR TO RAISE TAXES" will be the headlines for people who don't have the time to read past the first sentence of news reports. 

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

But the Tory messaging about higher taxes won't be aimed at the millionaires willing to pay more. It'll be aimed at the majority of working voters who are already feeling the pinch. "LABOUR TO RAISE TAXES" will be the headlines for people who don't have the time to read past the first sentence of news reports. 

What the Tories say is pretty irrelevant at this juncture. The John Curtice appraisal of them is damning. As the BBC interviewer points out on ths bbc this morning it's the wealthy we need to be looking at. Reeves has been adamant where she stands on the rich and the wealthy and its the wrong policy for the country.  Sometimes we've just got to stand up to doing the right thing. The rich have had it easy for over a decade. Time they paid a bit more. 

39 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

As a political message it just translates as "Labour is the party of high taxes".

Like Stig says, if you want to do the right thing and you're honest about it, even if it's popular you'll still get crucified.

Our political system is fucked.