You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

4 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Saw some fat fella in Costco wearing the new kit the other day, it was ridiculously tight and he must have needed a xxl kit. 

Looked like Daffyd, the only gay in the village.

Nike don't do kits for the unathletic fan. 

It's probably a Chinese knock off one. The sizes are all too small. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a thought on this before about the ‘low’ numbers involved.

Is there any chance that Nike have to sponsor our players up to a certain point?

Could be a inventive way of bumping up our key players take home without it coming directly out of our finances.

Works as a quid pro quo.

38 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Had a thought on this before about the ‘low’ numbers involved.

Is there any chance that Nike have to sponsor our players up to a certain point?

Could be a inventive way of bumping up our key players take home without it coming directly out of our finances.

Works as a quid pro quo.

I thought it was all about we take a bigger percentage of every item sold than normal. So LFC are backing themselves to sell... But obviously they can only sell as much as nikes production will allow. It will be interesting to know what commitments Nike are having to make on availability through their channel and these extra stores (compared to NB) they promised us. 

58 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

We slay a 30-year long hoodoo and immediately prepare to release a kit that harkens back to 1993 (when it became apparent that arresting the decline was not going to be easy) and the double whammy of Neil Ruddock and Julian Dicks wheezing in to form half of our defence.

Yeah it seems such a strange thing to do.

Green never was a part of our home kit before then and never has been since.

It makes no sense to me.

Assuming all the 'leaked' photos are right of course....i would not be surprised given this being a very high profile new deal for Nike and the club if they've sold people a dummy here.

15 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah it seems such a strange thing to do.

Green never was a part of our home kit before then and never has been since.

It makes no sense to me.

I assume the thinking behind the green being on 93/94 kit was because it was prominent on the what was still a new crest, but now it makes no sense other than to serve as a bizarre reminder of a mediocrity-bedevilled era.

16 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I assume the thinking behind the green being on 93/94 kit was because it was prominent on the what was still a new crest, but now it makes no sense other than to serve as a bizarre reminder of a mediocrity-bedevilled era.

Exactly.

46 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

It's more a case that if you do a new home shirt every year, you're going to run out ideas and go to the bottom of the barrel. The 93-95 shirt is very much that.

I think a classic red kit gives you ample opportunity to run out of ideas and still decide against an homage to a kit that debuted in what can reasonably be described as our single worst season since returning to the top flight.

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Claims in the torygraph that workers making of our new Nike shirts get paid 70p for each one but Nike claims they get paid a living wage. But they would say that wouldnt they? Should have stuck with NB.

We all knew who we were getting in bed with. Although I'd be shocked if any of those sports companies are much different. 

59 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

It has been twenty years since we had a kit with a proper round neck collar. Nike should have based the new one on this. 

415694A9-D5FB-4D3C-A102-CFA9AEDA9470.jpeg

Yeah easy isn't it.

Found this mock up - which would be boss.

Maybe swerve the shading that creates the slight stripe look but other than that....

D396y5FXkAAkYd5.jpg

• Upvote 2

I'd like to see a kit made by scientists and tested by players. Surely there's a potential peak performance design out there. 

Some of the collars on the 90's shirts look like a massive pain in the arse to deal with, I'm not sure recreating that era is a good idea. 

1708df5068f87e6c7abb9919dd7bc46326745352.jpeg

On 15/07/2020 at 16:09, The Gaul said:

It's probably a Chinese knock off one. The sizes are all too small. 

Made that mistake before, to be fair I didn't know it was a chinese knockoff when I bought it but I should've since the price was so low. Couldn't even fit the thing over my head. The credit company filed a dispute with them though so I didn't lose out on the money.

1 hour ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Made that mistake before, to be fair I didn't know it was a chinese knockoff when I bought it but I should've since the price was so low. Couldn't even fit the thing over my head. The credit company filed a dispute with them though so I didn't lose out on the money.

Haha. I wouldn't have thought of doing that on a jarg top. I ordered a Peru shirt around the last world cup and got a pair of socks! (Not Peru socks, just shit fake Adidas ankle socks!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

That's a really nice top.

Always loads of these sort of things on twitter and that - never ceases to amaze me how kids in their bedroom continually do a better job of designing kits than the manufacturers do.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Aventus said:

I'd like to see a kit made by scientists and tested by players. Surely there's a potential peak performance design out there. 

Some of the collars on the 90's shirts look like a massive pain in the arse to deal with, I'm not sure recreating that era is a good idea. 

1708df5068f87e6c7abb9919dd7bc46326745352.jpeg

I remember a lot of the players cutting the base of the 'V' to give them more room around the neck.

article-2080017-00E825B500000190-106_468