You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adriàn

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Nah!

The shot at the end should have been pushed away to safety.  He had plenty of time to see it coming.  Instead it fell to a cluster of Norwich players.  On another day that ends 4-2.  

The goal might not have been saveable but his attempt to dive for it didn't look right to my layman's eye. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

The shot at the end should have been pushed away to safety.  He had plenty of time to see it coming.  Instead it fell to a cluster of Norwich players.  On another day that ends 4-2.  

The goal might not have been saveable but his attempt to dive for it didn't look right to my layman's eye. 

The shot was awkward and were they not offside for the rebound? Apologies my dear friend if i’m  wrong.

Just now, TK421 said:

Yeah I think they were offside but he wasn't to know that.  You like to see those sort of shots pushed sideways, this one ricocheted out into the danger area.  I would have to watch it again but on first viewing it looked dodgy to me.

Yours humbly

TK

Haha we should give him the benefit without me putting the jinx on him. There keeper kept it respectable. I loved the film Krull.

• Upvote 1

He wasn't ready. He's been at the club for 2 minutes and has barely played in the last year+. His distribution was nice which is the biggest positive, but yeah his dive for the goal was weird. Pukki hit it in the corner so it might have gone in anyway, but there was something off about the attempt to save it. 

@LFCZAh8 hours ago

James Pearce did a chat on The Athletic's site post-match. On #Adrian "Adrian had been spoken to long before Mignolet left. He featured high up on a shortlist drawn up back in May. That's one of the reasons why as a free agent he hadn't gone anywhere else. " #LFC

@LFCZA 8h8 hours ago

"He was waiting to see what happened. It all happened quite fast in the end. Just two days before the deal with Club Brugge was done, Mignolet still thought he might be staying put. "

@LFCZAh8 hours ago

" Adrian was considering an offer from Real Valladolid when LFC came calling after the deal to sell Mignolet was done.

12 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Not sure why people are saying he went down slow for the shot which led to their goal. It was a quick effort from Pukki and went into the corner, I doubt most keepers would have got anywhere near it. 

Agree with this. Pukki could have gone either side so the keeper couldn't commit until it was too late to stop an accurate shot. 

I don't expect this fella to more than half-decent . If he was top notch then at 32 he would be first choice in a decent side. Question is whether he is going to cost us much in the next couple of months. Klopp needs to protect him where possible and tightening up at the back is essential. Matip back please and Milner in to cover Trent's defensive short-comings  

1 minute ago, magicrat said:

I don't expect this fella to more than half-decent . If he was top notch then at 32 he would be first choice in a decent side. Question is whether he is going to cost us much in the next couple of months. Klopp needs to protect him where possible and tightening up at the back is essential. Matip back please and Milner in to cover Trent's defensive short-comings  

We can't adjust the way we play simply to accommodate a new keeper.  He must adapt to our style, not the other way around.  Trent stays in the team.  Gomez/Matip is more debatable.  

2 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Dear god no,  we don't have a back up to Trent. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

We can't adjust the way we play simply to accommodate a new keeper.  He must adapt to our style, not the other way around.  Trent stays in the team.  Gomez/Matip is more debatable.  

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Dear god no,  we don't have a back up to Trent. 

I'm not saying drop Trent but play Milner in midfield.  He is great at covering for him when he get's caught on the break