You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football - 2019/20

Guest Pistonbroke

I bet Nigel Pearson was sat at home pissing himself at tonight's results. Although knowing him he's probably at a brothel snorting lines and having a gang bang. 

Arsenal were gash, despite Villa not being anything special themselves. Pity West Ham are theoretically safe due to goal difference or there would be easy money to be made on a draw V Villa. Mind you, the Mancs could get ten penalties tomorrow, so never say never. 

Reckon Watford are fucked like, West ham players have a game tomorrow and they'll probably not give a shit against Villa and be happy with a draw. Hate both Watford and Villa fans so couldn't give a shit who goes down alongside Norwich and Bournemouth. perfect scenario would be that Bournemouth beat the bitters and both Villa and Watford lose. Interesting enough and at least that Manc v Leicester game isn't the only important one. 

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Negged. 

Welcome to TLW

Glad to be here.

Don't think I've formally introduced myself yet, I am Theallmy-tyred.

I am the voice of reason.

I am the voice of the voiceless.

I am a living breathing sex god.

I am a super human flying machine.

I am really horny for some krispy kreme donuts right now.

• Downvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

If Villa stay up they have quite a large squad and where unlucky with injuries to key players during the season. They'll probably spend more as well. Sheff United don't look like a team that will turn shit overnight, they need to expand their squad but have a tidy manager. Newcastle will probably have money to burn. West ham have a better squad than most near the bottom, and less we forget Moyes is a winner. Palace have Woy who will always do enough to stay safe.  Leeds coming up will spend and have a decent manager, If West Brom and Fulham make it they both have experience in the PL and would probably act accordingly. Next season could finally see the end of those ale house cloggers Burnley....please....Or dare I say it, those bitter blue bastards. As a betting man you'd say Brighton could be in the shit, the other two places could go to any of those I've mentioned. Be funny as fuck if Spurs or Arsenal are dragged into a fight. 

Arsenal were shite against us and not much better vs City. They got lucky with the goals against us and City back 4 is flawed as fuckel and Arsenal just defended with 10 men all game. There were times I saw everyman within 20 yards of their own goal. 

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Arsenal were shite against us and not much better vs City. They got lucky with the goals against us and City back 4 is flawed as fuckel and Arsenal just defended with 10 men all game. There were times I saw everyman within 20 yards of their own goal. 

Does it really matter how you get 3 points?

Look at Villa, they did to Arsenal what Arsenal  did to us and City...it all swings roundabouts.

Arsenal aren't going to dominate the ball against us or City same way Villa won't dominate against Arsenal...

Defending is the most important part of football, if you can't defend you have no hope.... Ask Norwich, Ask Bournemouth.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Did they show that plane flying over the ground at the start of the game in the UK? 

German sky didn't show it (pictures obviously coming care of Sky UK) but the german commentator said it was a plane with a banner backing Arteta but slagging off Kroenke. They then said a Police helicopter was in the vicinity. 

6 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Did they show that plane flying over the ground at the start of the game in the UK? 

German sky didn't show it (pictures obviously coming care of Sky UK) but the german commentator said it was a plane with a banner backing Arteta but slagging off Kroenke. They then said a Police helicopter was in the vicinity. 

No mate.  Heard the noise though and wondered what was going on 

45 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Does it really matter how you get 3 points?

Look at Villa, they did to Arsenal what Arsenal  did to us and City...it all swings roundabouts.

Arsenal aren't going to dominate the ball against us or City same way Villa won't dominate against Arsenal...

Defending is the most important part of football, if you can't defend you have no hope.... Ask Norwich, Ask Bournemouth.

I have no issue with how they played. Just the narrative that Arteta was showing how great he is and what a job he is doing. 9 times out of 10 he loses both those games. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

I have no issue with how they played. Just the narrative that Arteta was showing how great he is and what a job he is doing. 9 times out of 10 he loses both those games. 

Once the dust settles on the new season he'll be amongst the favourites to be sacked. The media will turn on him as if they are portraying an image of 'We told you so' whilst conveniently forgetting they were wanking over him due to two outrageously lucky results. 

It's just funny how the media and fans at Arsenal and Chelsea both hounded out the two coaches last year. 

Sarri won the Europa League and got Chelsea 3rd and  72pts last year. The fans are shouting how great Fwank is, transfer ban(they spent 40ml) and currently sit on 63pts

Arsenal was similar finished on 70pts,European final but the fans are so fucking toxic they fucked everything up. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

It's just funny how the media and fans at Arsenal and Chelsea both hounded out the two coaches last year. 

Sarri won the Europa League and got Chelsea 3rd and  72pts last year. The fans are shouting how great Fwank is, transfer ban(they spent 40ml) and currently sit on 63pts

Arsenal was similar finished on 70pts,European final but the fans are so fucking toxic they fucked everything up. 

Lampard will be another manager who won't last the whole 2020/2021 season imo. 

Guest Alex_K

Lampard is an atypical British manager. He is actually properly educated, for one. Always expected him to do well in a managerial role & feel he will continue to be Ok there. Some of the characters & temperaments that go from football into management are just destined to fail.

Go, Eric!

Tottenham midfielder Eric Dier has extended his contract with the club until 2024.

The 26-year-old, who joined Spurs from Sporting Lisbon in 2014, was due to be out of contract next summer.

"I'm really happy to continue here and commit to this new journey we are on," said Dier, who can also play at centre-back.

"The club gave me my opportunity in England and has given me so much but I want to have even better times."

The England international added: "I still feel there are a lot of things I need to achieve here before its over. I feel like I'm at the beginning of a new journey albeit at the same place.

"My clear objective and I think the manager's clear objective is to try and win trophies for this club.

"When the day does come to leave this club I want to leave knowing that I have done that."

Dier has made 239 appearances for Spurs, scoring 11 times.

Wanting to leave with trophies is very different to actually leaving with them. The very best he can realistically hope for is a League Cup. They wont get near the league title, and their splash in the pan appearance in the Champions League final, as bitter-sweet as it was, will, in all probability, be the highlight of his career. Eriksen's gone, and once Kane and Son fuck off, that's the lifetime of that team done.

Dier by name, dire by nature.

16 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Fucking boss isn't it. 

Guest Pistonbroke
37 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Lampard is an atypical British manager. He is actually properly educated, for one. Always expected him to do well in a managerial role & feel he will continue to be Ok there. Some of the characters & temperaments that go from football into management are just destined to fail.

They've sacked better managers than Lampard mate. He was seen as a stop gap who has probably performed better than they thought. He'll always be a few bad performances away from the sack here on in. 

Chelsea fans have absolutely despised their last two managers that won a European trophy and qualified for the Champions League in the process. This is the sort of thing 95% of football supporters would dream of seeing their team achieve. Hell, but for a small handful of clubs, it's a perfectly acceptable outcome for a season's work. 

Imagine how far up your own arse you'd have to be to act like that. 

Guest Alex_K
13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

They've sacked better managers than Lampard mate. He was seen as a stop gap who has probably performed better than they thought. He'll always be a few bad performances away from the sack here on in. 

Disagree - I don’t think you’re really basing that on anything but prejudice. He’s a couple of years in the trade; if he takes them into the CL and a domestic final in his first year with players like Mount and Barkley appearing regularly it’s good work. I agree they have in the past sacked better managers but do not think Sari is one; Juve will end up with one of their worst points totals in years finishing 6 ahead of the mighty Atalanta in second at the moment. If they get knocked out by Lyon (they are behind in first leg) then with that squad it’s a pretty miserable year. Jorginho was his marquee signing for Chelsea and he’s been an utter flop. Whole Kepa drama; Kante drama. He wasn’t a nightmare there by any means but Sarri really hasn’t been missed at Chelsea.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Alex_K said:

Disagree - I don’t think you’re really basing that on anything but prejudice. He’s a couple of years in the trade; if he takes them into the CL and a domestic final in his first year with players like Mount and Barkley appearing regularly it’s good work. I agree they have in the past sacked better managers but do not think Sari is one; Juve will end up with one of their worst points totals in years finishing 6 ahead of the mighty Atalanta in second at the moment. If they get knocked out by Lyon (they are behind in first leg) then with that squad it’s a pretty miserable year. Jorginho was his marquee signing for Chelsea and he’s been an utter flop. 

Look at the managers they have sacked in the past mate. They had far more experience and potential than Lampard. I'm not having that Lampard has had a bad squad to work with, in this current season he should have pissed CL qualification and yet might miss out. I'm being far from prejudice as I have nothing against the bloke, always admired him as a player and he seems a nice enough bloke who doesn't take things seriously in the World of millionaires. He#s got way more to prove at this level, he's been far to naive at times despite having the 3rd best squad by far.